Guest tjhugentobler

ALS Ambulance Confusion! Please help

Guest tjhugentobler

How would I edit files so that the ALS ambulances are only staffed with an advanced stretcher team and do not have the paramedic with the bag anymore? I would like them to start out like that and also be staffed like this when I call them from the station as well.

Thanks,

Taylor

How would I edit files so that the ALS ambulances are only staffed with an advanced stretcher team and do not have the paramedic with the bag anymore? I would like them to start out like that and also be staffed like this when I call them from the station as well.

Thanks,

Taylor

Man... I wouldnt do that... The type of attention given by the Medics with the stretcher is limited. Thats why the Bus is filled too with the Medic with bag. For example, if theres a situation in which for any case you didnt get the patient as quick as possible, they have to leave the stretcher, go to the Bus to change cloths, get the bag and return with the patient.

So, for my personal experience... Dont filled the car with only medic-stretcher crew.

Anyway if you want to do it here is how:

1) Go to your LA mod fodler then enter the units folder and then, vehicles>Ambulance>080ambulanceo2

2)Open Units.xml with Notepad now delete this:

<unit id="FF_PARAMEDIC">

<defaultcount value="1" />

</unit>

(this appears 2 times , delete the two. One is for campaign mod and other for freeplay if you want to can delete the freeplay only or conversely )

Now save it and replacing the file(you can make backup just in case something goes wrong)

Hope that helps

If you have problems just say me

^that only works for units called off the map. For the ALS Ambulances at FS1 you need to edit the lafiresation and lafirestationstart scripts. Look for OBJ_AMBULANCE01. Then scroll down till you see something about dummy crew caller and you will see one line with a 1 and one line with a the other with a 2. Find the line that has the 1 on it, and putt a // before it. This wil set it so the game does not read that line of the script.

You would need to edit the unit.xml file located in the ../Mods/Los Angeles Mod/Units/ folder.

To make it work with all the commands you also need to edit the following scripts:

LAFireStationStart.script, LAFireStation.script and LABattalionChief.script.

It's not as easy as it might look like.

Thanks,

Taylor

Why would you want to? The FF/PMs are supposed to be in ALS ambulances. Besides, it makes the game easier.

Why would you want to? The FF/PMs are supposed to be in ALS ambulances. Besides, it makes the game easier.

Style of play. If you send an EMS Supervisor and ALS Engine you already have 4 medics on scene. That usually covers it. All thats left is transport, so its easier to have just a stretcher crew then a stretcher crew and a medic. Sure you could get only the stretcher team out, but that requires more work then just using the empty car command. Assuming I do need more medics, I can send in a MCU depending on the number of injuries, or send an ALS Ambulance with 2 medics, then turn them in to a stretcher team once every one is stable.

Man... I wouldnt do that... The type of attention given by the Medics with the stretcher is limited. Thats why the Bus is filled too with the Medic with bag. For example, if theres a situation in which for any case you didnt get the patient as quick as possible, they have to leave the stretcher, go to the Bus to change cloths, get the bag and return with the patient.

What are you talking about? The ALS Medics with the stretcher can handle any situation in which the patient doesn't need to be de-fibbed.