heyjoojoo

How do I configure my game to play with HD (720p)?

I would like to be able to play the game in either 720p or 1080p so that I can record it with Fraps in either of those HD settings. Currently, I dont have any game settings for HD. Am I just stuck here? I can make changes in Windows for an HD setting but none in the game.

Guest Francis

How do you expect to make a game look nicer than what it was made to look like? There is no such way, in any game, to put "HD" mode. You can only put HD-based resolutions.

How do you expect to make a game look nicer than what it was made to look like? There is no such way, in any game, to put "HD" mode. You can only put HD-based resolutions.

I guess that's what I mean then. How do I put in HD based resolutions. I was only trying to record it in fraps to put on Youtube in HD. But thanks for your help?

You can change the resolution of the game manually. Go to the directory where your game is installed and open the file called em4.cfg. Open it in notepad or something. Next, hit ctrl-f to bring up the search box. Type r_xres and hit enter. It should take you to an entry called <var name="r_xres" value="xxxx" /> right after it should be an entry called <var name="r_yres" value="xxxx" />. Change the numbers in the quotes to your screen's native resolution. Make sure you save the cfg file when your done.

For example, for a resolution of 1280x720 you would put 1280 as the xres value and 720 as the yres value.

You can change the resolution of the game manually. Go to the directory where your game is installed and open the file called em4.cfg. Open it in notepad or something. Next, hit ctrl-f to bring up the search box. Type r_xres and hit enter. It should take you to an entry called <var name="r_xres" value="xxxx" /> right after it should be an entry called <var name="r_yres" value="xxxx" />. Change the numbers in the quotes to your screen's native resolution. Make sure you save the cfg file when your done.

For example, for a resolution of 1280x720 you would put 1280 as the xres value and 720 as the yres value.

Ah, I seem to remember those settings in that config file. Thanks so much for your helpfulness BillyfromHill. I'm gonna probably need to do a few tests too because I also seem to remember people having problems with video settings before.

It's so good when people actually post helpful information such as yours.

If you want specific resolutions like 720 or 1080 then you might have to edit the config, but otherwise, just go in the game options, and choose the biggest resolution possible, which is something like 1020 I think. Mines set for 1050 in the config because the game doesnt scale properly otherwise and leaves black bars on the side of the screen.If I use fraps to tape videos, it will be saved at 1680x1050 and when I upload to youtube, the files will be in HD.

Increasing the resolution does look better on bigger screens and you are able to record videos at these resolutions.

The game should work fine with higher resolutions. To manually change the resolution go to your em4 or 911:fr directory and find the file em4.cfg (or em4deluxe.cfg). Open the file with WordPad or Notepad. Scroll down until you find the following codes.

<var name="r_xres" ...

<var name="r_yres" ...

To play in 720p change the values to

<var name="r_xres" value="1280" />

<var name="r_yres" value="720" />

To change it to full HD use this

<var name="r_xres" value="1920" />

<var name="r_yres" value="1080" />

Now save and start the game. For obvious reasons, your screen MUST support these resolutions. And Xplorer4x4 is right, when you use Fraps it will record and save at these resolutions, so you should be able to record HD.

Guest diepvien004b

It's work but when i play la mod 2.0 in free mode (1360x768)all the command of every unit have disappeared untitled-10.jpga2.jpg but it's ok in emergency 4 original