Guest wishey05

em4.exe crashs even b4 i start the game

Guest wishey05

when i click the em4.exe game button i get an error message saying ERROR INCLUDES INFORMATION REGARDING THE CONDITION OF EM4.EXE WHEN THE PROBLEM OCCURED, THE OPERATING SYSTEM AND VERSION AND COMPUTER HARDWARE IN USE: YOUR DIGITAL PRODUCT ID, WHICH COULD BE USED TO IDENTIFY YOUR LICENSE: AND THE INTERNET PROTOCOL (IP) ADDRESS OF YOUR COMPUTER. ?????? that is the error message i get can anydoy help me?

Guest wishey05

And what where you doing/trying to do when you got this error?

when i double click on the game icon in my start menu or desktop it flashes up em4.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close

when i double click on the game icon in my start menu or desktop it flashes up em4.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close

Logfile and DXDIAG file (see Technical Help FAQ) else we cannot help you.

I DONT HAVE A LOG FILE IN MY EM4 FILES BUT HERE IS MY DXDIAG

Stop typing in caps please. I hate being (virtually) yelled at.

From your dxdiag file I can't see any inconsisticies: your drivers are relatively new and you match the minimum system requirements.

But without a logfile I can only guess the cause of the crash. You could try and see if you have one of the codecs installed that is mentioned in the Technical Help FAQ.

But I see you already got a solution on how to trick your PC in creating a logfile in the other topic you created, so I hope that solution works for you. That way you would still be able to upload a logfile here.

I DONT HAVE A LOG FILE IN MY EM4 FILES BUT HERE IS MY DXDIAG

Then do this:

Go to your Emergency 4 installation.

Look into the folder: "Emergency4"

(EDIT: Default installation path of Emergency 4 would be this:

C:\Program Files\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4)

Right click on a empty space(once)

From the new menu you select: "Create new -> Textfile"

(the path of the textfile will be then "Your installation path\Emergency 4\logfile.txt")

You rename the file to: If you don't see extensions)"logfile" or(if you do see extensions)"logfile.txt"

start the game and watch it crash.

then upload the logfile.txt to the forum so we can see why it crashed.

Guest wishey05

hey ive tryed what you said to do and when i try to start the game the same thing happens, and the log file folder i created is empty? sorry for writing in caps locks

hey ive tryed what you said to do and when i try to start the game the same thing happens, and the log file folder i created is empty? sorry for writing in caps locks

Are you logged in as an administrator?

yes i have logged in as admin still no joy

Are you sure the logfile or the EM4 folders aren't set to read only (right click on file --> propreties)?

You could aslo try and download a logfile with text from one of the other CTD topics and replace your empty logfile by one of those.