andrew2007

[Help] Adding New Equipment Into the Game

Hey,

I love the TNT/Halligan tool that was created by the NY Mod team, and I've been working towards trying to get it into the game. I have all the editor stuff done, such as skin files and physics but i'm a little stuck on how it actually goes into the game (Im at the part where *i think* you add it to the files).

To get to the point, what files/scripts/etc need to be edited as to do this?, I know it's a rather nooby style question, but i just can't work it out logically in my head :(

Thanks

In the editor (This is what i have in the editor so far, I have the prototype made and the necessary info set for them:P )

post-6928-093700400 1279753258_thumb.jpg

If it doesn't say what you need to do in the readme, contact Tim, a member of the NY mod team to explain the problem. I would say post in their topic, but that's locked, so you can post here, but seeing as it's their tool they made, I don't think any of us would have immediate knowledge.. Though if memory serves right, didn't one of them say there was no scripts with it?

Why 2 topics??

as randomperson139 said, I posted it in the wrong forum :)

If it doesn't say what you need to do in the readme, contact Tim, a member of the NY mod team to explain the problem. I would say post in their topic, but that's locked, so you can post here, but seeing as it's their tool they made, I don't think any of us would have immediate knowledge.. Though if memory serves right, didn't one of them say there was no scripts with it?

It doesn't include a readme file, but gives you is the skin and v3o file. So any scripting or anything like that I'd be happy to do myself. As i said, I've got the prototype done it's just a matter of how one would go about adding equipment (any equipment) into the game - e.g what files need to be edited. But I'll try messaging Tim and see if he is able to give me a hand, I'll post an overview of how it's done if he can tell me for reference.

I don't mean to sound impatient, does anyone know at all? I'm rather becoming both annoyed with myself and the lack of answers i can find. I just need to know how to add in a new peice of equipment, I modified some scripts and cloned one (GetAxe.txt -> GetTNT.txt) but i'm getting script errors :(

Thanks