BritishArmyReserveCadets

Increasing the amount of traffic

There are topics about decreasing traffic, just search for them.

EDIT:

Hello to all fellow Emergency players,

I had been having a ton of issues with too much traffic on the roads while playing the LA MOD Freeplay, all map versions, and I had been trying to figure out how to make less traffic to lessen the ability of having traffic jams like I was dealing with. After looking and looking in these forums there was a post about playing with the fp_params_endless_d and freeplayparameters xml files and making the vehicletrafficfactor less (i.e 1.5 to 0.5). Well after doing this, I noticed a LOT more traffic....thinking that nothing in those would work I decided to abandon those xmls.

Well after dealing with the jams, I eventually got sick of instead of arresting perps and whatnot, all I was dealing with was traffic jams in the intersections. So I went back to the xml files and actually increased them to 6.0, and, to my suprise, it lessoned the traffic significantly, in fact, too much. So I believe that instead of decreasing the number in those above numbers, if you increase them to your liking, it actually works.

Both of those xml's are in the Specs folder, also, make sure that you edit each of the timezones to your liking, there is 9 timezones to edit.

That should help even if it is about decreasing traffic.

I just had to chuckle about your thread, your contradicting yourself there. Saying you want it to be realistic by increasing traffic to increase response time, and you mention about using aviation units to respond to any incident - these specialized units don't respond to any call, or emergency, they are often used for critical incidents and events where aerial assistance is needed or time is a priority, e.g robbery, stolen vehicle, spinal injury, etc.

The values set by default i find are fine, as traffic fluctuates throughout the day, and the vehicles themselves have speeds set on them to try and recreate a realistic response time. If you find you're getting traffic jams, you will need to lower the amount, or if you know how, add further spawn points in to attempt to resolve any issues you may get at traffic spawn.