billyfromhill

Changing LAPD Arjent lights

I'm trying to change the lights on the LAPD Arjent light bar to something like in the video below.

If you notice on the front of the light bar in the video there are lights to the immediate left and right of the red/blue steady burns that flash oppsite of each other (the ones I'm referring to are one and three slots to the outside of the takedowns on both the red and blue side of the lightbar). If you watch closely one of these lights goes on and stays on until the oppsite one comes on, at which time the first light turns off. You may also notice that the light four slots outside the takedowns flashes with the light one slot outside of the takedowns.

I'm trying to replicate that effect in the editor but I can't seem to do it. I can't get the alternating pattern down. The alternating lights (one, three, and four slots outside of the takedowns) won't stay on untill the next one comes on. It doesen't flash for a long enough period. Is there anyway I can control the length of the flash in addition to the frequency of the flash?

Use the properties tab to do it; decrease the flash intensity and put the flash frequency for both lights.

Right now I CBF'd though. Gotta do an emergency landing in a 737 with a double engine failure at a very short runway on an island in the middle of the Indian Ocean.

Guest Francis

I dont want a fast flash. I want the slow, alternating flash like in the video without the lights fading on and off.

The center white ones? Put one white light on one of them and put its intensity limit to .30 and cap intensity on. Copy the light and move it to the other one. This new pasted one will have a flash offset of 1.00.

That will work. Same goes for any other alternating light. :)

Guest Francis

Play around with the intensity caps. 0.95 is all the way like a quick blink.. It's what I used for the strobes on the LAFD Heavy Ambulance included in the AUS. I agree with Francis on the 0.30, however, try around to see what is best for you... 0 is none, 1 is all! :)

Actually you can only attain .99 since 1 wouldn't blink it at all since it would be too fast for the eye. 0 Makes it appear and fade out with a full motion. .30 is a good idea for the lights you are trying to attain.

@ NFK: For the Heavy ambulance, you should have used .97. Not much number difference but much better in-game. :P

I settled on .6 as the best spot.

I now have another question. The directional lights on the LAPD patrol car are off when the rest of the emergency lighting is on. When you activate the directional lights, they flash in the pattern seen in the video.

Is there any way to have the directional lights flash in the current pattern (shown in the video in my first post) along with all the other emergency lighting, but then switch to a center-out pattern (like in the video below) when the directional light command is activated?