BritishArmyReserveCadets

YOU choose YOUR Emergency's

hi all,

i am in progress of making a "You Choose Your Emegency's" submod, i remove all the mission triggers and add a Control Box on the OLD freeplay where you select the Emergency Category and select the emergency.

Progress:

Removing Events: 100%(i have tested and it works, i will soon be sending it round to Testers once uploaded to filefront)(Note To Testers: Upload went FUBAR, ill send you link once able to re-upload)

Adding Scripts (Commands) For Control Box: 1%(Starting)

Adding Commands to and placing the control Box: 0%

Testing: 30%

Releasing: 0%

DO NOT ASK FOR OR ASK FOR ESTIMATE RELEASE TIMES!!!

Team:

Gaffer:

BritishArmyReserveCadets

Scripters:

BritishArmyReserveCadets

(Recruiting)

Testers:

BritishArmyReserveCadet

Wouwie

stefanvp

Steve Winters

(Recruiting)

I need as much help as possible, i need a Pro Scripter to add the Emergency Scripts and a few testers, please send me PM if you want to join the team

---Mod-On-Hold-Reason:Busy testing another mod for another game and am busy with creating a personal War Game

Guest Francis

It is possible but you have to rewrite all events.

There is a command in Winterberg to trigger events. But it trigger only custom made events.

You could but you need really advanced scripting skills because you must make the events as lines of code instead of in the game. You must include placement of objects and everything the code, which will lead to a long and painful script file.

Guest Francis

But the problem here, BritishArmyReserveCadets, is that nobody is sick enough to re-make all events in lines of codes. And nobody would do it for free if you know what I mean. This is not just for fun, this is like creating a whole new modification 3 times from complete scratch. I will not help in this but if you want to try out at least one emergency, the rest may be easy to be done after.

Guest Francis

i just need help and advice on how to create it, once ive understood how to create scripts and commands, etc i can make it, just need a little help

First you need to make a command script for the panel. Each command has a command script. Then in the command script's PushActions, you should do a random statement to chose which event to make appear. In the correct random result, you must put in things to create persons and vehicles, and other such things and assign them names. Create a new dummy command script (with nothing in it) and assign it to the panel, so it knows an emergency is in progress. And then the rest should be fairly easy, it's just the part making the events as lines of script that is really hard if not nearly impossible. :)

Before going any further you should've asked if people are actually interested and if there is anyone willing to help. You have no idea what to do and still you add progression? All you have is an idea which sounds like a request.

Guest Francis

Before going any further you should've asked if people are actually interested and if there is anyone willing to help. You have no idea what to do and still you add progression? All you have is an idea which sounds like a request.

Hoppah is right, you have no idea on how difficult this can be.

there are a few people who are interested, like the testers, but if you dont have a go at making it youll never know, and at least then if you realise this dosent work nobody else will attempt to make it, if it does not work ill just upload the mod with NO events for the persons which just want to do the opposite and blow everything up and kill the civies or just play around with the Units and get used to the game

Right so you are using the script from the England Mod? Since you've asked for it?

kind of like that, because you had the tech guy who could activate a few emergencyies i thought i would "progress it" and have it so its the "trigger" basically so if you wanted to cause mayhem you could have a load of terrorist attacks and fires, etc etc or if you wanted to get used to the units you could activate an emergency and practise using the emergency, so it is good for newbies and bored pro's

Edited by Francis
Merged double-posts

Lol this is funny; Cadets thinks he can learn C++ in a day, then make several EXTREMELY advanced/complicated scripts in no time, and make it work perfectly. Do you even know how much time it takes to script even something relatively simple? If you really want to, learn C++ first then make mission scripts since they are far easier then command scripts (for beginners).

Lol this is funny; Cadets thinks he can learn C++ in a day, then make several EXTREMELY advanced/complicated scripts in no time, and make it work perfectly. Do you even know how much time it takes to script even something relatively simple? If you really want to, learn C++ first then make mission scripts since they are far easier then command scripts (for beginners).

Who said im going to do it all in a day?

Then I guess were going to be waiting months to ever see this released, and thats assuming you will actually stick to it.

In regards to the so called "testers," you can have any one test it, but the key isnt to pick some random person off the forum, but instead ask people who have atleast some idea of how to script so that when theres a bug, you have people who can attempt to fix it and send you the patched file, or atleast know how to reverse any damage your mod might cause to there game.

Guest Francis

The game has so much stupid limitations. Emergency 3 had less limits scripting-wise. To know how to script is not just learn the language, it's a deal between being logic and finding solutions to work around these limitations. If you don't know the limitations, you cannot script it at all. Yes of course it is completely doable but nobody will ever lose their time trying to do this instead of trying to bring interesting new features to the modification. :)

I'll try asking;

Do you, or have you asked for permission to release this if you manage to complete it as it is using someone elses original scripts?

You already have testers, but he didn't ask about that, he wants to know if you have permission to edit