Agentchung

Game Loading Crashes to Desktop

I was wondering if someone could help me out... Everytime I try to load a saved game file for the LA Mod 2.0, it always crashes back to the desktop... I have some minor changes to the map, would that make a difference? But please note, the game and mod are fine to play, EXCEPT for the fact that only previously saved game files do not load... The loading bar fills up, then the game crashes to the desktop.

Edit:

I'm having trouble finding the logfile... I went to the C Drive --> Program Files --> WizardWorks --> 911: First Responders but i can't find the logfile.txt file. The only txt file is the "readme" file.

I've also tried the search function in the start menu, but nothing comes up when I type logfile.txt

DxDiag.txt

It shouldn't as long as you don't play them. I would delete them just in case.

Also, you may want to try updating your graphics drivers. This seems to be a recurring problem with Win Vista and 7

How would I delete them? I know you have to go into the files to delete them, but all I see under the "Save" folder is a "Campaignprogress" file. I can't seem to find the saved game files anywhere...

I don't think its a graphics driver problem... Everything else is fine. It's just the saved games that I try to load...

Would it make it incompatible the rest of the time now? I tried to start new games, with no changes after I saved, then I tried to load that same game file, but still it crashed to the desktop.

I know this sounds tedious, but this is what I did the last time I had a problem:

Make copies of all the files you altered. Uninstall and Re-install the core game. Start a new freeplay, save it, close the program, start everything back up and try loading the game. If all goes well, install LA Mod. Start a new freeplay, save it, close the program, start everything back up and try loading the game. Repeat this process for every alteration you make(besides uninstalling EM4/911FR). This should help you find what submod or alteration is causing the problem.

IF I remember correctly this game was never too reliable with saves to begin with, but chances are an alteration/mod is incompatible with something in the save system... In the end really Swat Lord has the right idea, if it is important to you the best bet is to junk everything and add it back piece by piece to see if your problem is being caused by a specific submod or change you did. With a fresh install just go with the mod (with it's patch(S)) and save it immediately, then try to load that game.... then add all the other changes you may wish one at a time and test it.

Love it or leave it, there is alot that goes on in this game and it is EXTREMELY easy to upset it over what seems to be the most mundane thing in the world.... It's unfortunate but really your best bet is to backup before you change things in a file/files and then do your change and try it immediately in all aspects. That'd be why Beta Testing takes so much time=(