occram

Changing a lightbar?

Hey guys,

I'm just wondering if it was possible to change the lightbar on one of the Crown Victorias to a Liberty Lightbar like on the CHP Dodge Charger. I'm prepared to download and teach myself ZModeler if I have to, but I was wondering if that's the only way to do it. Maybe there's something I'm missing?

Thanks in advance...

You would have to edit the model for the CV using Zmodeler. I think you would have to have the registered version of Zmodeler as well, and I think that is about $60.

I'm not sure what you would have to do exactly, but basically import the Charger model file into ZModele rand copy the lightbar, then import the CV model and delete the old lightbar and paste the new lightbar on.

Thanks for your reply Random.

I've already basically accepted that I would have to teach myself Zmodeler. I have a copy of it, but I'm getting a strange error that looks like this when I try to import any models from LA Mod...

Invalid input data: "xxx" file:ImportV3O.cpp line:112

Strange.

No problem. :)

I'm not sure but you might have to unlock the LA Mod model files using the editor before you can edit them. Load the editor and the mod and go to unpack file and then find the model file for the CV. Do the same for the Charger.

Have you got the registered version of Zmodeler? I think you need the registered version to be able to import files.

You're right. I had to unpack the files. I've got the lightbar from the Charger over to one of the CV cars, but I can't seem to merge the models... I think I need to read Hoppahs' tutorial thoroughly through before I really give this a go.

Thanks again...

You're welcome. :)

Can you post some pics if you manage to edit the lightbar?

You might need to edit the CV skin as well.