DMC

FBI HRT AGENT Problem

I've Made my own FBI HRT Agent, But now i must have messed up the skin, i'm using Photoshop CS4,

I want my skin to look like how it is wiyh alpha reflections off because when i order them to get an mp5 or anything else the mpf or other object just disapears...

I can See the mp5 with alpha reflections of but then my skin looks Rubbish

Can Anybody Help Me?

THanks in Advantage!:D

DMC

post-3304-1265055018_thumb.jpg

The MP5 has alpha reflections so the officer needs alpha reflections too. Just make sure to make the alpha completely black in Photoshop if you don't want any reflection in the game. This solves your problem. :12:

Thanks for your reply hoppah, i just dont know what the alpha is:$ cant find it in photoshop cs4:S

its on your Lapd swat.dds but where or what?

You've learned me a lot already and i would like to learn more;)

DMC

Thanks for your reply hoppah, i just dont know what the alpha is:$ cant find it in photoshop cs4:S

its on your Lapd swat.dds but where or what?

You've learned me a lot already and i would like to learn more;)

DMC

Use the Channels windows to select or add the Alpha Channel. When you enable the Channels windows you should see

R-channel

G-channel

B-channel

Alpha-channel

Alpha-channels do only contain black/white and usually used to add transperacy. However, if you enable alpha reflection in the EM4 editor the channel is used for the reflection.

I've Made my own FBI HRT Agent, But now i must have messed up the skin, i'm using Photoshop CS4,

I want my skin to look like how it is wiyh alpha reflections off because when i order them to get an mp5 or anything else the mpf or other object just disapears...

I can See the mp5 with alpha reflections of but then my skin looks Rubbish

Can Anybody Help Me?

THanks in Advantage!:D

DMC

yeee have you allow to release it? :D:D

Use the Channels windows to select or add the Alpha Channel. When you enable the Channels windows you should see

R-channel

G-channel

B-channel

Alpha-channel

Alpha-channels do only contain black/white and usually used to add transperacy. However, if you enable alpha reflection in the EM4 editor the channel is used for the reflection.

thanks hoppah for your reaction,but i seem to have messed up again. whats wrong this time?

yeee have you allow to release it? :D:D

no its just a reskin so i dont think that hoppa will even grant it! if... i would even ask promission to release it...

post-3304-126617860942_thumb.jpg

Hi, I want to do the same thing, recolor the LAPD SWAT person unit, to use it later as a new FBI HRT person unit.

It should be very simple, but I have spent many hours without success.

I have the unlocked lapd_swat.dds and open it with DXTBMP tool.

There I clearly see the image and the black alpha channel in the upper right corner.

So I select send image to editor (PAINT.NET).

In PAINT.NET I select Adjustments->Curves...

I unmark R (Red) and B  (Blue) and increase G (Green) to make the texture look more green instead of blue.

Perfect I think and save it to the default name norm.bmp so that DXTBMP tool can detect it.

Back in DXTBMP tool I select refresh image from editor and I now see the green variant of the LAPD SWAT texture still with the black alpha in the upper right corner.

Now I save it as DDS DXT 5 and overwrite the file lapd_swat.dds and open the EM4 editor with LA mod.

The problem I see is that the LAPD SWAT person unit is totally covered all over the body with a green shiny smooth color.

If I unmark the alpha channel it becomes totally black and anyway I must use the alpha channel for the MP5 weapon to be visible in the game.

So I would very much appreciate if someone could help me with the steps of doing this the correct way using DXTBMP tool and PAINT.NET if possible?

I figured it out that if I save it as TGA with Alpha Channel and then un pack the V3O and change the file extension for the texture name to .tga  in that file then it works fine.

The other textures that do not have Alpha Channel are no problem, I save them in the same format as the original.