Guest WZID 95.7 FM

US coast gaurd submod idea! with pictures and video!

Guest WZID 95.7 FM

post-10703-1265046343_thumb.jpgpost-10703-1265043495_thumb.jpg:1046275976_nospam: i was thinking someone out there could create a uscg submod for la

vehicles and things i would want a mod or submod creater to build:

US Coast Gaurd SUV

US Coast Gaurd partol car

US Coast Gaurd heavy rescue truck and anthing else that coast guard would have!

have fun watching this video!!

please reply what you think!

post-10703-1265043568_thumb.jpg

post-10703-1265043577_thumb.jpg

LOL.

Sorry, couldn't help it.

Anyway, since it's your first post, welcome aboard, and here's to keeping you up to date on current events.

Previously, on the Emergency Planet Forums:

-Early 2007: I start working on the Federal Mod.

-Somewhere in 2007-2008: At some point, I make a Coast Guard SUV, a CG pickup and a CG van.

-A few weeks later: I abandon the idea of using these vehicles in the mod, for they have absolutely no purpose in the game.

-Spring 2009: I drop the Federal Mod.

-Summer 2009: Hoppah recuperates the Fed Mod units to create the Additional Units submod. The Coast Guard ground vehicles are not included despite many requests, for they STILL have no purpose in the game, seeing as the Coast Guard, as its name implies, deals with events at sea, and its ground vehicles are mostly for logistics and base security.

As for my LOL, it is a standard modder reaction to the countless requests that are made each day within these boards, by every new member wishing to see his favorite agency or units in the game.

You might want to know that requests are usually frowned upon, as very few people here possess the will, time and skill to produce mods. The few who do are probably already busy on their own work, and therefore cannot process any requests.

The DIY option is therefore strongly advised: If you want it, learn to do it yourself.

Edited by Voodoo_Operator

Ok, it seems nobody bothered to read my reply, so here's the highlight reel:

The Coast Guard ground vehicles [...] have no purpose in the game, seeing as the Coast Guard, as its name implies, deals with events at sea, and its ground vehicles are mostly for logistics and base security.
[...] Very few people here possess the will, time and skill to produce mods. The few who do are probably already busy on their own work, and therefore cannot process any requests. The DIY option is therefore strongly advised: If you want it, learn to do it yourself.

-Summer 2009: Hoppah recuperates the Fed Mod units to create the Additional Units submod. The Coast Guard ground vehicles are not included despite many requests, for they STILL have no purpose in the game, seeing as the Coast Guard, as its name implies, deals with events at sea, and its ground vehicles are mostly for logistics and base security.

There is an event here called Thunder on the Ohio. Its a weekend event with unlimited hydroplane racing. The coast guard, along with Indiana DNR, do security on the river during the event as theres a ton of people drinking and boating for the event.

I agree, theres no need for them in the mod, just saying they do have other duties besides being sea police, sea rescue, base security and logistics.