ShaneGreen

Los Angeles Mod v1.9.3 SG Submod

Guest firemaster28

This is a cool mod i was wondering if it was possible to add a few chief commands like a box alarms and rescue box

Box 1, 1 als engine 1 bls engine 1 ambo 1 lev

box 2, 1 als engine 2 bls engines 1 tower 1lev 1 ambo

Box 3, 2 als engines 2 bls engins 1 tower 1 lev 1 rescue 2 ambos

Rescue box 1 als engine 1 usar 1 lev 1 truck 2 ambos, ems batalion

I was just wondering if this was possible?

Thank!

Great mod shane, I just had a few things that you can take if you want or leave it

1) On the dispatch, if your dispatching a whole station theyd just say station 10, ect, so technically your dispatch should say "station 10, station 51, ..." (...= units from station 36).

2)I'm assuming your a fan of Emergency! from the way you did the dispatch and made one of the stations station 51, so just out of curiosity, why is there no Squad 51?

3) you might want to add the units such as the battalion cheif, paramedic captain, and the fire captain to the fire station control panel, because it's annoying to always have to catch them, or send them to HQ after each call, and then call in a new unit from off map.

Again, you can take it or leave it, your choice, and again great mod. :12:

@firemaster: the idea is possible, and has been done in other mods. check out winterberg if you want somthing like that.

I FINALLY figured out what the problem was. I was using the freeplay map that came with the game. I didn't realize until I took a close look at the photos that this mod was made for the new freeplay map. You may want to include that in your explanation and readme file. If I may suggest, I'm not a huge fan of the new map as it stands, so making it compatible with the old map would be cool.

Also, since I, along with a lot of other people, keep getting frustrated with the way the personnel get stuck on each other, maybe you could make them come from different doors. It would make it so they wouldn't be bottle-necked on each other

Guest madforce
Hi Shanegreen:

Been playing the submod fine until, it froze and gave me this error message:

"lafirestation8911f, error symbol v not supported in current scope"

I'm not sure what that means but figured you might know what it does.

Yeah, I got that too when I manually set off the alarm at FS1, my guess it's tied to some function when the alarm is activated.

I chose to Ignore it and the game went on as normal with no observed ill effects.

Havn't encountered any stuck units thus far.

Yeah, I got that too when I manually set off the alarm at FS1, my guess it's tied to some function when the alarm is activated.

I chose to Ignore it and the game went on as normal with no observed ill effects.

Havn't encountered any stuck units thus far.

I suppose I wont worry about it but yes, it did happen as soon as I activated the alarm.

Guest madforce
I suppose I wont worry about it but yes, it did happen as soon as I activated the alarm.

I was just able to duplicate the error, I sent out 2 ALS Ambulances, ALS and BLS Engine from FS 1, sent them back to FS1. Once all units inside, manually activate alarm, receive the error. I'll try to see if i can narrow it down to one specific vehicle.

EDIT: Was just able to produce the error again, sending a BLS engine out and back to station, activating the alarm to reload the truck produced the error. Going to start another game and see if it indeed is repeatable with the BLS Engine. ALS Engine produced no error when sending it out.

EDIT2: Error reproduced successfully with the BLS Engine when activating the alarm to restaff the Engine.

Hi all,

Thanks for all your comments on the submod ... choose the appropriate response below

a) I am glad you like it

b) I am sorry that it is not what you hoped it would be

c) I will try to do better

d) I am sorry it does not work for you

Regarding the download problems, I am trying to arrange for it t be downloaded from within the forum, but at this time I do not have the upload space to do that ... so I have to rely on a third party downloader until I can make other arrangements.

Regarding the personnel getting stuck at the spawn point, I have not encountered this issue with any of my machines since early in the creation phase of this submod. I suspected then and still believe that it may have been due to processor speed/RAM. If the program laggs and the personnel do not start moving towards their vehicles, then the next round of personnel to spawn will do so right on top of the others, at which time they will all become stuck. To combat that problem I did enlarge the spawning point until this problem no longer occurred. With some slower processors, this may still occur ... unfortunately. Not sure what I can do about that at this time - perhaps having multiple spawn points might work.

To all of those who would like to see commands to Call LEV/HES, Call AMR, Call Engine-Ladder-LEV-Ambulance, Call my mother's sister's brother, etc.

I would dearly love to have added the Call LEV and Call AMR, however, the BC/EMS Captain/Captain and Police can only use a limited number of commands and unfortunately they are full up. So I did not add any of those extra commands ... at this stage - it may change later if I find a way to achieve that.

Please be patient, I am basically computer language illiterate and have limited knowledge of what I am doing here ..... I just follow the logic (sometimes) of what I see in the scripts and try to produce functioning commands to suit my needs. I do not have the abiltiy to go out and write you a new script for something ..... but given time, I can try to build one from existing scripts.

I was just able to duplicate the error, I sent out 2 ALS Ambulances, ALS and BLS Engine from FS 1, sent them back to FS1. Once all units inside, manually activate alarm, receive the error. I'll try to see if i can narrow it down to one specific vehicle.

EDIT: Was just able to produce the error again, sending a BLS engine out and back to station, activating the alarm to reload the truck produced the error. Going to start another game and see if it indeed is repeatable with the BLS Engine. ALS Engine produced no error when sending it out.

EDIT2: Error reproduced successfully with the BLS Engine when activating the alarm to restaff the Engine.

Hi madforce,

thanks for your detailed testing and feedback. The alarming script was a late addition and I was hesitant to add at this time due to problems having the alternate alarms rather than just one alarm. If this problem continues, I might just have to return to having a single generic alarm for all stations.

If you recieve the error message on screen, it helps to chose retry, as the following information will generally tell you which line of which script has led to the error occurring.

To all those on the forum who have answered the questions/problems of other members ...... I thank you for you kindness. Unfortunately I have limited access to the forum at times and cannot always answer questions promptly, so your assistance is greatly appreciated. Also some of your knowledge in these areas, far exceeds mine and will likely provide better advice. :12:

To those that I need to thank .... THANKYOU :cheers: , to those that I need to appologise to .... :sorrysign:

and to everyone .... TAKE CARE

Shane

I FINALLY figured out what the problem was. I was using the freeplay map that came with the game. I didn't realize until I took a close look at the photos that this mod was made for the new freeplay map. You may want to include that in your explanation and readme file. If I may suggest, I'm not a huge fan of the new map as it stands, so making it compatible with the old map would be cool.

You mean the map with the island on the right side? If you choose deluxe map(if you have EM 4 Deluxe) you can use this map with this mod. You may even be able to rename all the dfreeplayfiles to freeplay and be able to use it that way if you dont have deluxe.

@Shane, not sure the spawn issue is performance related, although I had very little problems with spawning. I have a Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, 4 GB RAM, and 9800GTX+ that will be swapped for a 4890 in a day or two.

Regarding the personnel getting stuck at the spawn point, I have not encountered this issue with any of my machines since early in the creation phase of this submod. I suspected then and still believe that it may have been due to processor speed/RAM. If the program laggs and the personnel do not start moving towards their vehicles, then the next round of personnel to spawn will do so right on top of the others, at which time they will all become stuck. To combat that problem I did enlarge the spawning point until this problem no longer occurred. With some slower processors, this may still occur ... unfortunately. Not sure what I can do about that at this time - perhaps having multiple spawn points might work.

Does this mean there is a patch or do we have to download the whole thing again?

Great mod shane, I just had a few things that you can take if you want or leave it

1) On the dispatch, if your dispatching a whole station theyd just say station 10, ect, so technically your dispatch should say "station 10, station 51, ..." (...= units from station 36).

2)I'm assuming your a fan of Emergency! from the way you did the dispatch and made one of the stations station 51, so just out of curiosity, why is there no Squad 51?

3) you might want to add the units such as the battalion cheif, paramedic captain, and the fire captain to the fire station control panel, because it's annoying to always have to catch them, or send them to HQ after each call, and then call in a new unit from off map.

Again, you can take it or leave it, your choice, and again great mod. :12:

@firemaster: the idea is possible, and has been done in other mods. check out winterberg if you want somthing like that.

Hi firefighter 111

Thanks for your comments, glad you like it.

1. I could do that, and to be honest almost did that way originally but chose the current format based on the length of the wav file compared to the delay time on the script. Will have a play around with it and see what happens.

2. Yes I am a fan of Emergency and also thought it would be good not to have all unit numbered 1, 2 etc with police , fire and ambulance. Emergency provided the inspiration for deciding on the numbers.

Squad 51 is the LEV parked at the rear of the Station 51 next to the brush truck.

3. Adding BC, Captain etc to the control panel could be done, however I am unsure at the moment how many more commands the control panel will allow. I figure that each time the station alarms they will respawn and go to the vehicle anyway.

I appreciate your ideas and suggestion, that is how many of the current changes began and I am sure more will come in the future.

Does this mean there is a patch or do we have to download the whole thing again?

Hi swatlord,

I will have to look into this first and work out what I will do.

If any changes are to be made, I will likely release a patch containing just the modified files and also provide a new complete download, so that those who have already downloaded, need not do so again

You mean the map with the island on the right side? If you choose deluxe map(if you have EM 4 Deluxe) you can use this map with this mod. You may even be able to rename all the dfreeplayfiles to freeplay and be able to use it that way if you dont have deluxe.

@Shane, not sure the spawn issue is performance related, although I had very little problems with spawning. I have a Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, 4 GB RAM, and 9800GTX+ that will be swapped for a 4890 in a day or two.

Hi Xplorer4x4,

I could not imagine those specs having a problem with lag .... will look into it further.

Enjoy your 4890, I have 2 x 4870X2's in crossfire which do a great job, and from what I am hearing 4890 performs very well indeed.

Take care

Shane

Hi.is there anyway i can download from other site?

i been trying to download for quite sometimes and it keep asking me to try again n again

Hi Transporter,

I am sorry for your trouble with the download. I am currently making arrangements for an alternative to the current download site and will let you know.

Take care

Shane

Hi swatlord,

I will have to look into this first and work out what I will do.

If any changes are to be made, I will likely release a patch containing just the modified files and also provide a new complete download, so that those who have already downloaded, need not do so again

Shane

Ok, I would suggest working on the stacking issue as it happens every time with me. I don't use the station alarm, so I haven't run into the script error. Like I said before, multiple spawn points may help. Maybe some that are in the parking lots instead of in or up against a building

2. Yes I am a fan of Emergency and also thought it would be good not to have all unit numbered 1, 2 etc with police , fire and ambulance. Emergency provided the inspiration for deciding on the numbers.

Squad 51 is the LEV parked at the rear of the Station 51 next to the brush truck.

Okay, I more ment why was the LEV put there instead of the actual LACoFD squad, but it's your mod, so do what you want. like I said, It's really good.

Hi Xplorer4x4,

I could not imagine those specs having a problem with lag .... will look into it further.

Enjoy your 4890, I have 2 x 4870X2's in crossfire which do a great job, and from what I am hearing 4890 performs very well indeed.

Take care

Shane

Im like a kid on x-mas waiting for it. I was playing in the editor and noticed when i turned on a few things, my card really lagged, otherwise the 9800GTX+ serves me well, but I need more bang. Now I just need to get my inheritance money and then get my Intel SSDs:p but back to the mod.

The only place I had a problem was at the PD station, one scout or negotiator got left behind from the swat suv closest to the two lane street. The other place was in FS1, 2 medics got left out of an ALS.

Oh and some things i noticed.

On the police parking, im confused, is it set up to return to the parking lot only when they dont have a suspect? Because I didnt try that but if I have a suspect they always park out front. I also tried exiting SWAT from there SUV and respawn them via the alarm at FS1 and FS2 but no officers spawned.

Are all the police cars spawned with 2 officers in them?

Hi Transporter,

I am sorry for your trouble with the download. I am currently making arrangements for an alternative to the current download site and will let you know.

Take care

Shane

I forget how large your file is, but try www.sharebee.com. You upload your file there and it automatically transfers it to 5 or 6 other mirrors like rapidshare,megaupload and so forth.

Hi Transporter,

Take care

Shane

ShaneGreen, great job on this submod. I absolutely like it a great deal. AMR rocks!

A lot of people use megaupload.com.

I do. The mod will load but will crash when I try to freeplay

here is the logfile : logfile.txt

I have the same problem. I load the freeplay and it goes directly to my desktop with out an error message. I had a hard time understanding the installation instructions and I finally got the mod menu look like it should and it still goes to my desktop. :holdglass:

After messing with it for an hour or two, I finally got it working. After an hour or more, I noticed that some of the buildings had disappeared just like that. I saw the buildings just disappeared.

HOW TO INSTALL:

It is my intention to try and create an installer for this submod, but until such time we will have to do it the old way.

Firstly, download the file and extract the contents using winzip or some similar program. (I assume you have done this otherwise you would not be reading this README file).

Inside the folder Los Angeles v1.9.2 SG Submod you will find a folder titles "Los Angeles Mod v1.9"

You need to start by locating the Los Angeles Mod v1.9 installed on your version of Emergency 4/911 First Responders in the mod folder.

You will find the folder in a location similar to C:/program files/sixteen tons/Emergency/mods

It is important that you have Los Angeles Mod v1.9 with patch 2 installed onto your computer with no other submods or changes.

You now need to located the downloaded changes in the Los Angeles Mod v1.9.2 SG Submod folder.

Copy the folder "Los Angeles Mod v1.9" in that folder then go to the mod folder of your Emergency 4 game, where you should also see a folder called Los Angeles Mod v1.9.

Right click in the mods folder (not on the existing Los Angeles Mod v1.9 folder) and select paste.

What do you mean, "You now need to located the downloaded changes in the Los Angeles Mod v1.9.2 SG Submod folder."?

I thought I had done everything for the install and when I click on that mod and then click on free play, it goes straight to my desktop.

I got it now and I have a suggestion, could you put these patrol cars on a different patrol path individually?

Shane, do you have, or anyone for this matter, have a error message while signaling the alarm for the first station? I get a error and just retry it until its good but the trucks dont restaff. I did it like 8 times. I will get some screens for you if you want/need them.

cosres, just unzip the download and open the folder. copy that folder and paste it in the em4/911 fr mods folder and overwrite all files it asks you to.

I have the same problem. I load the freeplay and it goes directly to my desktop with out an error message. I had a hard time understanding the installation instructions and I finally got the mod menu look like it should and it still goes to my desktop. :holdglass:

are you using the original map or the map supplied by Hoppah. This submod is only designed for the freeplay map Hoppah made.

@trooper- Same thing