Hoppah

Replacing a vehicle in one of the fire stations

Sorry to say but the "tutorial" is not very detailed and I am confused on what to do. I may uninstall LA Mod and put the LA Mod vehicles / W00Ds maps in the base game because of the fire stations in the LA mod maps.

* I double posted for this reason: Not to mix up the post with the file I uploaded for two members.

First: Yes, it is not very detailed. I may send them a document and see if they will put that up on the first post.

Second: DO NOT put those files into the base files of the game. Install the LA mod, then copy Wood's map into LA mod and you have the LA mod Vehicles, Wood's Map, and the fire stations all in one mod. You do not want to put them into the base of the game or your just going to screw up your whole game I would assume, that's why they make MODS.

Third: What is the reason for posting in here? What do you want to do that involves replacing vehicles in fire stations?

I want to change alot of vehicles, in both stations. Personally I'd rather learn to make maps, Then I could edit the spaces myself and make the station bigger, whichever way, I need to way to change things around, and I simply cannot understand the first post.

The first post only shows how to change one script when there is a lot more to change and it involves 3 scripts, LAFireStation, LAFirestationStart, LAToFireStation. That's why I want to send in a document that shows how to edit each script. If you want to change a lot, you need to learn how to mess with the scripts one vehicle at a time. It's very time consuming and you need to have patience doing it.I'll tell you now, it's not easy to do all this yourself when your new at it. If you can't understand the first post, then you need to take one step at a time and learn things as you go. Spend time learning how to change vehicles then start learning how to add virtual objects and integrating it into the fire station scripts. There is a tutorial on map making in the tutorial section you should take a look at. Making station bigger? Do you mean adding more units to station or simply making the fire station buildings bigger?

What do you want to change and I'll give you a short step by step tutorial to tell you what you need to do. After I show you that, just follow those steps again to change up any other vehicles (of course changing the name). Use the search function to find out how to make and change virtual objects because I can't really explain it but I can do it.

Alright, I got it fixed and is completely functional. Turned out I did make a minor mistake but not a big deal. If you have any problems, please send me a PM.

This download is for Xplorer 4x4's LA Submod. It replaces the tiller with ladder and allows the ladder to return to either station. If you do not have Xplorer 4x4's submod then do not download because it will mess your whole game up due to 4x4's scripts are modified completely different then Hoppah's LA Mod.

Hey man, I replaced the files and it seemed to work okay but when I tired to return the ladder to FS1 it would do a loop of the parking lot then sit in front of the bay doors which would open it would sit there for a couple of seconds then turn and do another loop of the parking lot before going back to the door sit there for a couple of seconds more and then would turn and leave the station all together heading for FS2 which didn't have a ladder in it at the time. Is this normal?

Also the Heavy Ambulance/Rescue vehicle when I tired to return it to the station I was getting a error stating that it doesn't belong to any fire station.

Could I have done something wrong?

Thanks.

Hey man, I replaced the files and it seemed to work okay but when I tired to return the ladder to FS1 it would do a loop of the parking lot then sit in front of the bay doors which would open it would sit there for a couple of seconds then turn and do another loop of the parking lot before going back to the door sit there for a couple of seconds more and then would turn and leave the station all together heading for FS2 which didn't have a ladder in it at the time. Is this normal?

Also the Heavy Ambulance/Rescue vehicle when I tired to return it to the station I was getting a error stating that it doesn't belong to any fire station.

Thanks.

jsutton thanks for the zip files :),, but same problem with squamishfire.. hope you could fix this prob because i really dont like the tiller(NO offense to its creator) :)

Thanks.

jsutton thanks for the zip files :),, but same problem with squamishfire.. hope you could fix this prob because i really dont like the tiller(NO offense to its creator) :)

I think I uploaded the scripts I used for testing. I was having that problem you mentioned and I got it fixed so just a minor problem. Alright, I tested it and they do return to station properly again. No problems with the LRA or Heavy Rescue Crane. I think I fixed your LRA and SWR problem when they return (not pulling into parking spot). Other than that, hope there are no more problems, but if there is, just let me know.

I'm not much of the tiller fan just because I haven't seen or been around in them in real life and sometimes I just feel it is a pain compared to the ladder truck. It's either made by Hoppah or MikeyPI I'm assuming.

3 files.zip

I'm not much of the tiller fan just because I haven't seen or been around in them in real life and sometimes I just feel it is a pain compared to the ladder truck. It's either made by Hoppah or MikeyPI I'm assuming.

thanks again for the files i'll try if it already works..

me too i'am not a fan of the tiller,, because it doesn't work properly its kindda sore to see how the tiller moves like a dog's tail whipping around the place :laugh:

I have a question does this fix work with ""LA Mod 2.0 4x4 mod with YSB changes""??

thanks again for the files i'll try if it already works..

me too i'am not a fan of the tiller,, because it doesn't work properly its kindda sore to see how the tiller moves like a dog's tail whipping around the place :laugh:

I have a question does this fix work with ""LA Mod 2.0 4x4 mod with YSB changes""??

Umm, I don't know exactly what YSB changed but I think you can because the only edits that he made from those scripts was from the LAToFireStation. The edit was just to fix the LRA and SWR returning to station into the correct parking spot.

The first post only shows how to change one script when there is a lot more to change and it involves 3 scripts, LAFireStation, LAFirestationStart, LAToFireStation. That's why I want to send in a document that shows how to edit each script. If you want to change a lot, you need to learn how to mess with the scripts one vehicle at a time. It's very time consuming and you need to have patience doing it.I'll tell you now, it's not easy to do all this yourself when your new at it. If you can't understand the first post, then you need to take one step at a time and learn things as you go. Spend time learning how to change vehicles then start learning how to add virtual objects and integrating it into the fire station scripts. There is a tutorial on map making in the tutorial section you should take a look at. Making station bigger? Do you mean adding more units to station or simply making the fire station buildings bigger?

What do you want to change and I'll give you a short step by step tutorial to tell you what you need to do. After I show you that, just follow those steps again to change up any other vehicles (of course changing the name). Use the search function to find out how to make and change virtual objects because I can't really explain it but I can do it.

I have figured out how to open the editor, load the load, ect, and then when I went to the fire station I saw blue boxes everywhere where vehicles are, for example at traffic lights, accidents, but mainly in both fire stations after removing the roof. How can I remove the cars from the back, move the fire station back and fit more vehicles in? Just a little help and instructions may help alot. A tutorial on something only told me I had to change the traits of a vehicle and I learned how to load a mod and I found the traits all on my own once I knew where to look.

Hey Jsutton,

Lovin the changes you made it is really sweet thanks again... got a bit of a question though... when I go to call out a task force it works the first time (the one with the tiller truck can;t remember the name lol) and then after that it doesn't call it out anymore, it automaticly buys it.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

I have figured out how to open the editor, load the load, ect, and then when I went to the fire station I saw blue boxes everywhere where vehicles are, for example at traffic lights, accidents, but mainly in both fire stations after removing the roof. How can I remove the cars from the back, move the fire station back and fit more vehicles in? Just a little help and instructions may help alot. A tutorial on something only told me I had to change the traits of a vehicle and I learned how to load a mod and I found the traits all on my own once I knew where to look.

blue boxes are called virtual objects. at the fire houses, those are what spawn the engines, ambulances, staff, etc. and allows them to park there. At the fire departments, the VO would start with fs, underscore, then whatever you want to place there. For instance engine 1 is labeled fs_engine01. Then you integrate that VO into your scripting which is why in the scripts you see VO_ENGINE01. Make since? About how to edit the fire station model and things, you need to search for a topic that deals with that or use the advanced search to find something along the lines of that and post in that topic. If you can't find one after searching, then make a new one because that really doesn't have anything to do with this topic. It's usable content if you find a answer, just nobody will find it in this topic is all. I do know how to make VO and how to integrate them into scripts but I do not know how to make the fire station bigger so you can put more vehicles in. If you want the vehicles you add to return to station, don't forget to do all the scripting work to make it function properly or your just gonna have to manually return it to station and try your best at parking it right.

Hey Jsutton,

Lovin the changes you made it is really sweet thanks again... got a bit of a question though... when I go to call out a task force it works the first time (the one with the tiller truck can;t remember the name lol) and then after that it doesn't call it out anymore, it automaticly buys it.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

It buys the tiller or the ladder?

I think ill try and move the default map or a custom map without the fire station at all into LA Mod, and find a way to remove the commands. Ill just spawn all vechicles from off the map.

Are you planning on screwing up the game? All you have to do is load the editor and delete the fire stations. Your not going to find a default or custom map without a fire station, they all have one.

You need to understand that you can't just simply delete something or change the map without any problems. There is a lot of scripting, commands, virtual objects, etc. that go into the map and if you take one thing out, you can cause a crash or just a bunch of errors. Before you do anything, just backup your whole mod folder and do what you want; then you will see my point. Modding isn't easy, you need to learn a little about it before you just do things.

buys the ladder when the ladder is in the fire station still.

sorry pal if it is too much just let me know and I will live with it :)

To be honest, I'm not sure on what fixes that. It could be just a scripting issue in one of the fire station scripts that I missed ( highly doubt though) or it is in the Battalion chief script. I don't know the Battalion chief script but you should do some searching in a topic on that. I'm sure there are some problems with it and were kinda going off topic with this issue. If you have any problems with my script, just shoot me a PM and I'll get back to you when I can.

Knowing me, I would screw up how to change a location :machkaputt: .... Could someone PM me or just post the script to allow the USAR to spawn at Station 2 where the HAZMAT is? If you can't, it's fine. :sporty:

If I recall, there is a topic on replacing the Hazmat with the USAR somewhere if you use the search function. Either me or Texas DPS helped the person do it and we gave step by step instructions. Just need to search via the search box or just search in the alterations. If no luck, I won't be able to help you until maybe tomorrow night depending on how work goes.

Thanks! I think this is the one (topic) :happy: I guess I will find out!

EDIT: The only problem is that the doors don't open for replaced apparatus... ex) Bay door in FS1 won't open for replaced HAZMAT, before was USAR.

Thanks! I think this is the one (topic) http://forum.emergen...rhazmat-switch/ :happy: I guess I will find out!

EDIT: The only problem is that the doors don't open for replaced apparatus... ex) Bay door in FS1 won't open for replaced HAZMAT, before was USAR.

Nope, actually that's not. It might of gotten deleted like some other good topics when they were doing forum cleaning. I know there were at least 3 posts I liked that really helped me with this stuff and I can't find them now. Put your LAToFireStation and LAFireStation scripts in a .zip or .rar file and upload them here and I'll take a quick look at them.

I have no idea where to start learning.

Well, I started out by switching the Hazmat to USAR and USAR to HES. So basically switching out different vehicles in each station. Second thing I did was added another HES to FS1 where I replaced the USAR. Thirdly, I started adding my own VO in the editor and integrating them into the scripts (Thanks to Xplorer4x4's mod I figured that out).

I just don't have the time to sit here and give you step by step tutorial on what to do for everything, scripting is easy to some and hard for others but you should be able to do basic edits. Just take a look through each page on this topic and see if there is anything you can try to do yourself (even if you don't want to or want the change) just to practice some. I'll give you a basic edit tutorial tomorrow if you want so you can practice and understand what things are but I can't really do much more than that because I simply don't have the time.

Here are the Scripts! :)

Scripts.zip

Alright try that. You changed some of it you weren't suppose to down in the gates coding i think. I can't really explain what you did wrong but I can show you because I don't want you to do it again.

Let me know if it works or not and then we will go from there, either way, a code was changed that wasn't suppose to be so I will have to explain that to you tomorrow.

Jimmykid.zip

Alright try that. You changed some of it you weren't suppose to down in the gates coding i think. I can't really explain what you did wrong but I can show you because I don't want you to do it again.

Let me know if it works or not and then we will go from there, either way, a code was changed that wasn't suppose to be so I will have to explain that to you tomorrow.

No, Just tried it, it doesn't work, but i will try it again later today.