Hoppah

Replacing a vehicle in one of the fire stations

its really simple. what ever changes you make to one vehicle in the station you make to all three scripts. so if you make the ambulance at fs2 a als you just need to go back and change the amb file at the top. for the ladder you can do the same unless you rename the vo's. then if you do just remember what you changed and do a find and replace. make sure everything is spelled the same and you go through the entire script.

I know this but am getting lost on where the lines I need to change are...that is what is throwing me off...I have very very little scripting experience (what I do have is what I have learned by making small changes in the mod such as call volumes and unit staffing)

Ambulance issue:

I think you need to change the script a little. You said you changed BLS to ALS and it will not return to FS2 right? Well, in order for it to work, it will require a little more scripting. An easy fix is, you know how Engine 1 is set up where it can return to FS1 or FS2; you may need to do that to the ambulances also. The reason is because FS2 still accepts only BLS ambulances, not ALS even though you switched the BLS to the ALS. Basically, when Engine 1 returned to station it could either return to FS1 or FS2 because it could return to the closest station or one that is not full, do you understand? To solve: look how engine 1 is set up and set it up the same way. It's kind of a pain to work with on scripting, just basically have to do trial and error to get it to function.

Hazmat to Ladder issue:

Staffing is pretty basic like DPS said. Open up LAFireStationStart and the LAFireStation scripts then scroll down to where you made your changes. Code below is what the staffing code looks like under ladder.

m.PushActionWait(ACTION_NEWLIST, 6.0f);
m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND, DUMMY_CALLCREW, Caller, 3, false);
m.PushActionWait(ACTION_APPEND, 6.5f);
m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND, DUMMY_CALLCREW, Caller, 3, false);

For the numbers - I only know these, there is a list somewhere but I forgot where I seen it.

1 - Paramedic

2 - PM w/ Stretcher

3 - FF

6 - USAR FF

Anything else?

Still very confused...I don't think I'm looking at the correct lines...I am going to keep messing with it and hopefully figure it out this weekend

I figured out why it is confusing me so much. I didn't truly change the BLS to ALS at FS2. I changed the staffing of the BLS unit to FF_Paramdic and FF_Paramedic_Stretcher and it changed the unit to an ALS truck.

Still very confused...I don't think I'm looking at the correct lines...I am going to keep messing with it and hopefully figure it out this weekend

I figured out why it is confusing me so much. I didn't truly change the BLS to ALS at FS2. I changed the staffing of the BLS unit to FF_Paramdic and FF_Paramedic_Stretcher and it changed the unit to an ALS truck.

I hope you backed your files up before you made these edits!!

It's very easy to figure out, you must be thinking it through too hard. I'm not a expert at scripting or know a lot about it but I know the basics of editing and making stuff work in a way. I'll make you a deal, I'll go through your files and find out what you might of did wrong and correct that then I will show you step by step in notepad how to make the edits yourself. I'm having you do it yourself so you can learn how to do it from my tutorial. Sound like a deal? If so, would you combine your LAFireStation, LAFireStationStart, LAToFireStation into a .zip or .rar file and upload it here so I can take a look at them.

Let me know what exactly your trying to do so I give you the right instructions. I think one of the moderators deleted a topic that was really useful in making these edits and we listed the step by step instructions of how to do each script correctly with the LA Mod 1.8 to 2.0.

I have attached those 3 scripts. I had made a copy of the originals however they are now lost. Will be getting original scripts this weekend as a backup.

Ok, thanks. I'll take a look at them first thing in the morning. I've got most of your tutorial done already from memory of what to do but I need to just see what you did and go from there.

So basically you want to just edit your script where the ALS replaces the BLS ambulance and returns to station or do you just want to change staffing?

i want to change BLS to ALS in FS2 (with ALS staffing obviously). i also want to change the HAZMAT to Aerial Ladder in FS2 and change staffing of both ladders to 3 FF_EMT and 2 FF_PARAMEDIC

Alright, this should cover it. Back up your files and good luck. I replaced the staffing on FS2 but not the ambulance. I would just keep the BLS ambulance at FS2 but just staff it with ALS.

Hazmat to Ladder.txt

That is what I did to begin with on the ambulance. I changed the FF_EMT_STRETCHER to 1x FF_PARAMEDIC and 1x FF_PARAMEDIC_STRETCHER and it changed the truck itself to an ALS truck.

My advice to you is to delete your modified scripts and start with 3 fresh ones because you did something to them for that to happen. Changing the staffing will not change the vehicle because your simply changing a 3 to a 1 or a 6 to a 3.

Underneath the ambulance 04 (BLS Ambulance) - Forgot to get you the file but this is easy. Open Notepad > Go to Find > ambulance04 hit next until you get down to the ambulance 4 code. It will say Game Object at the begging of the code. If you scroll down a little you will see something like in the code below. Delete the 3 lines under ambulance04 that look like this but the #'s will read 3 and 7 I think > copy the code below > paste it where you deleted the old staffing lines.

m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_NEWLIST, DUMMY_CALLCREW, Caller, 1, false);
m.PushActionWait(ACTION_APPEND, 0.5f);
m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND, DUMMY_CALLCREW, Caller, 2, false);

1 is for the paramedic

2 is for the paramedic stretcher.

Hey guys... I am having a bit of a problem... I have replaced the tiller in FS1 and have updated the tofirestation files, it will return to the station... but when I respond the second ladder from FS2 and hit the return to station button it always want to return to FS1.

Do you guys know of a way to fix this.

Thanks.

Hey guys... I am having a bit of a problem... I have replaced the tiller in FS1 and have updated the tofirestation files, it will return to the station... but when I respond the second ladder from FS2 and hit the return to station button it always want to return to FS1.

Do you guys know of a way to fix this.

Thanks.

So you switched out Hazmat to Ladder in FS2? Did you update the LAToFireStation script to send the ladder to FS2?

In the LAToFireStation Script, I think there was 2 codes you needed to change that were in different sections of the script.

sorry here let fill you in a bit more... I am using LA 4x4 mod... it already has a ladder in FS2... what I have done is replaced the tiller (in FS1) with a ladder... but when I respond both ladders they both want to go back to FS1... When the ladder at fs1 stays parked and I try to return the second ladder to fs2 it says that there is no room and is returning to head quarters.

How do I make it so they return to their separate stations.

sorry here let fill you in a bit more... I am using LA 4x4 mod... it already has a ladder in FS2... what I have done is replaced the tiller (in FS1) with a ladder... but when I respond both ladders they both want to go back to FS1... When the ladder at fs1 stays parked and I try to return the second ladder to fs2 it says that there is no room and is returning to head quarters.

How do I make it so they return to their separate stations.

Set the script up like the engine 1 is in the original LA mod. If FS1 is occupied, it will return to FS2. I'll take a look at it in a few minutes and see what can be done.

If you would, upload your 3 fire station scripts and I'll edit them and let you know what I did and how I did it for future references or if you want to try doing it yourself for practice.

That is what I did to begin with on the ambulance. I changed the FF_EMT_STRETCHER to 1x FF_PARAMEDIC and 1x FF_PARAMEDIC_STRETCHER and it changed the truck itself to an ALS truck.

Alright, I switched the Hazmat to the Ladder for you and changed the staffing of the BLS ambulance to be ALS. Backup your files before moving them into your scripts folder!! If you have any problems, post here or send me a PM.

LA Mod Scripts.zip

Set the script up like the engine 1 is in the original LA mod. If FS1 is occupied, it will return to FS2. I'll take a look at it in a few minutes and see what can be done.

If you would, upload your 3 fire station scripts and I'll edit them and let you know what I did and how I did it for future references or if you want to try doing it yourself for practice.

Hey man... I have tried to attach it but I keep on getting a "Error You aren't premitted to upload this kind of file."

The way I changed the staffing is under the units scripting.

Well, I changed everything in the scripts to what you wanted: Replaced Hazmat to the Ladder, added 3 FF and 2 PM to the Ladder and Tiller. When you said you changed the staffing, did you do it the way I did under the Ladder and Tiller script? But anyway, I think the scripts are the way you want it and if you have any problems with it, just let me know.

Hey man... I have tried to attach it but I keep on getting a "Error You aren't premitted to upload this kind of file."

Put the files in a .zip then attach to the post.

They are in a rar file I hope thats okay :)

Yep, I can still open them. Thanks.

** I'm still working on your scripts. Little more complicated than I thought but I'll get it to be functional at least. I did not get any errors when I played but I seen the script do a couple funky things that I don't like; until I get that fixed, I don't want to give you the scripts yet.

okay sounds good man... I have been busy lately and haven't had a chance to play the game much, can't wait to see them though :D

That's ok, I've been busy working a lot this week or I would of had it done by now. I'll definitely have time this weekend to work on it though.

can anyone pls tell me how to change the tiller to a ladder ?? because I've already edited all the required scripts five times and still no luck..

I'm using LA MOD 4x4

I'm actually working on it right now. I've got it somewhat functional but there is a couple things that I want to fix after testing it. I got no errors which was a plus but when returning to stations - they return but have to fix gates they go in and I also need to figure out why they go to FS1 first then FS2. It shouldn't take long, I might of just made a minor mistake that I overlooked.

okay sounds good man... I have been busy lately and haven't had a chance to play the game much, can't wait to see them though :D

can anyone pls tell me how to change the tiller to a ladder ?? because I've already edited all the required scripts five times and still no luck..

I'm using LA MOD 4x4

Alright, I got it fixed and is completely functional. Turned out I did make a minor mistake but not a big deal. If you have any problems, please send me a PM.

This download is for Xplorer 4x4's LA Submod. It replaces the tiller with ladder and allows the ladder to return to either station. If you do not have Xplorer 4x4's submod then do not download because it will mess your whole game up due to 4x4's scripts are modified completely different then Hoppah's LA Mod.

3 files.zip