Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Guest e34p

Welfordshire Modification Version 2 (RELEASED)

Recommended Posts

I'm sure the community really appreciates a release like this with the current situation. Thank you for the work you've put in

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just found a few small bugs.

 

  • Crashing when adding a water supply to the APL
  • Game Crashes when you hit the SCBA Crew on a appliance twice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your effort, but, I'm going to be honest here, but this version seems to be relatively low effort compared to the first version (which although it had its fair share of issues, was arguably way more enjoyable). V1 had a very nice custom map, alongside a ton of relatively custom models.

This just feels like a relatively low effort submod of the London Mod, using the same map with near zero edits - most met vehicles used have just had minor livery changes, with a new insignia slapped on. Some vehicles seemed to have just been placed for the sake of it, such as Londons Air Ambo RRV hasn't had a single livery change but was still placed on the map? 

Spoiler

20200502153150_1.jpg?width=887&height=499

However, bad stuff aside, I will say that the few new things, such as the new Pumps, BTP appliances, stations, are all done very nicely. I just feel there was so much more potential with this, which has seemingly been rushed to be put out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest e34p
17 minutes ago, Mark_ said:

Thanks for your effort, but, I'm going to be honest here, but this version seems to be relatively low effort compared to the first version (which although it had its fair share of issues, was arguably way more enjoyable). V1 had a very nice custom map, alongside a ton of relatively custom models.

This just feels like a relatively low effort submod of the London Mod, using the same map with near zero edits - most met vehicles used have just had minor livery changes, with a new insignia slapped on. Some vehicles seemed to have just been placed for the sake of it, such as Londons Air Ambo RRV hasn't had a single livery change but was still placed on the map? 

  Hide contents

20200502153150_1.jpg?width=887&height=499

However, bad stuff aside, I will say that the few new things, such as the new Pumps, BTP appliances, stations, are all done very nicely. I just feel there was so much more potential with this, which has seemingly been rushed to be put out.

As it says in the included read me document, this new mod is primarily focused on the fire service side of things. To the extent that all other types of incidents are switched off. The police and ambulance, in my opinion as the creator, are purely for supporting the fire service. This was my intention from the beginning.
I actually think there are a number of large improvements with models and scripts for the fire service. 
I can however assure you that this hasn’t been rushed. I may have only just recently made public posts about it. But I have been working on it slowly for years now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think being overly critical when someone is doing this part time for free is not particularly helpful. Especially given the community at large is dying off a bit. Any effort made to release and add additional content into the game is to be appreciated regardless of whether you consider it to be “low effort” 

 

there are a several improvements on the fire service side of things and whilst the features like  this may be more subtle than a new map they argueably add more in terms of actual game play features.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest e34p
44 minutes ago, Squad 65 said:

Just found a few small bugs.

 

  • Crashing when adding a water supply to the APL
  • Game Crashes when you hit the SCBA Crew on a appliance twice

- Not sure what is happening with the water supply to the ALP, I have never had this issue.
- Yes, not surprising, as it states in the read me, you must have two firefighters (normal fire gear) in the vehicle for the command to work and if not it will crash. So if you use the command, that then replaces the two standard firefighters with firefighters in BA. So if you then press the command again, there will be no standard firefighters already in the cab and the command with crash the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest e34p
2 minutes ago, BrentMIC said:

I think being overly critical when someone is doing this part time for free is not particularly helpful. Especially given the community at large is dying off a bit. Any effort made to release and add additional content into the game is to be appreciated regardless of whether you consider it to be “low effort” 

 

there are a several improvements on the fire service side of things and whilst the features like  this may be more subtle than a new map they argueably add more in terms of actual game play features.

Thank you. Glad that the fire service chances have been appreciated. 

If you’re in the job, or understand it well enough, I think you will appreciate them. 


Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My only question after reading this thread is will police/EMS incidents be implemented in the future?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest e34p
26 minutes ago, stockboy8 said:

My only question after reading this thread is will police/EMS incidents be implemented in the future?

If I’m totally honest, probably not. At least not anytime soon. Personally, my main interest is the fire service. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

alright, I do enjoy the firefighting in this mod, even if I enjoyed the rural map slightly more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This topic has been locked and the download link removed. Unfortunately no permission was gained for any London Mod content to be used, and nonchalant attitudes about using other people's work (no matter how long ago it was released) against their wishes is both morally wrong, and against the terms of use for this site. I am sorry that this has had to happen, but protecting content creators, their work, and their wishes is important.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...