odenker

Bieberfelde Mod Viruses

4 hours ago, odenker said:

The Bieberfelde Mod as it turns out has many viruses in it. Now I have removed the malware and trojans, but no games (including EM4) will launch. I try to run EM4, get a black screen, and then it crashes.

It has no viruses, if your game is crashing when loading the mod, it's strictly the fact that it cannot handle your computers specifications. The modification is highly detailed, and which makes mods require more power and space, like Manhattan Modification and some others. Emergency Planet would not allow the modification to have a page here if they thought it would pose a danger to the Community.

7 hours ago, TheAxeMan33 said:

It has no viruses, if your game is crashing when loading the mod, it's strictly the fact that it cannot handle your computers specifications. The modification is highly detailed, and which makes mods require more power and space, like Manhattan Modification and some others. Emergency Planet would not allow the modification to have a page here if they thought it would pose a danger to the Community.

Well I got the problem fixed. But you say that yet it was an .exe format (not saying that's automatically a virus). I checked the .exe and it wanted to install a bunch of programs.  So then I cancel it and guess what? The programs are there anyway. I run a virus scan and I have at least 50 malware and trojans. I figure now it was most likely a guy who said he made it then gave me a bunch of viruses. I only trusted it because mods like Berlin were in an .exe. Thanks for the input though.

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, odenker said:

Well I got the problem fixed. But you say that yet it was an .exe format (not saying that's automatically a virus). I checked the .exe and it wanted to install a bunch of programs.  So then I cancel it and guess what? The programs are there anyway. I run a virus scan and I have at least 50 malware and trojans. I figure now it was most likely a guy who said he made it then gave me a bunch of viruses. I only trusted it because mods like Berlin were in an .exe. Thanks for the input though.

It's best to never go from a link given to you. Always look up the modification yourself and you'll get the official download page and any official information as one of the top results. I still have the installer from a while back and my anti-virus isn't detecting anything about it.

http://www.emergency-forum.de/filebase/index.php?entry/2521-bieberfelde-multiplayer-modifikation-1-1/

If you downloaded the program from a place other than this link, then you've been tricked by your 'friend' into downloading something malicious. This also means that the mod itself has no viruses in it despite your claim.

If you DL'd it from there, then its a false postive on the part of your AV.

• Upvote 2