Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
  • Announcements

• randomperson139

Signatures   03/04/2016

Hi everyone. It appears that the update to the new forum has affected the format of the majority of signatures (adding extra spaces, changing sizes etc.). Due to this, could everyone please check their own signature, ensuring that it complies with the site rules. See the http://www.emergency-planet.com/tos.html/ or http://www.emergency-planet.com/topic/16848-acceptable-signature-sizes/ for more information.  We'll give it a few weeks to give enough time to edit signatures, after that the unnecessarily large signatures will simply be removed. Thanks for your cooperation. Regards, EMP Staff.
Seluryar

Post your emergency vehicle lightbars!

Found this locally for $25:

22960912235_c8851e938e_z.jpgFederal Signal Smart Vector Lightbar by R Seluryar, on Flickr

For $25, I dont expect it to work properly, but with parts easy to find on ebay for now, it shouldnt be a problem to restore it.

Its a SV-A Series with 2 pods featuring 3 lights in them, one for takedown, one for alley and one for rear flasher.

I hope to restore it and then make a shelf for it to put on my wall while using a power inverter to power it off of household wall power.

I have wanted a vector or Vision bar for the last 20 years, never thought I would actually get my hands on one.

Hope to acquire a Federal Signal Vista or Streethawk next. Ultimately, I would like a Whelen Wecan compatible lightbar but those are usually selling for over $1000 used.

Good for you that you finally found one but what are you buying them for? I mean it's not like you can attach it to your cars roof and then run on code 3. :laugh:

I want to put it on a shelf above my computer desk and connect it to house power along with a switch controller

I have since added a few more bars to my collection, A Amber Vector SL, an Amber Mini Vector SL, a Whelen Liberty, and a Federal Signal Streethawk.

Both amber vectors have very short cables and that allowed me to get them both for $75 total.

GrCMPZr.jpg

vKiDQhK.jpg

gv5rFIA.jpg

I have a temporary power solution to powering them, I have been able to see what works on my first Vector, sadly it seems that only 3 rotators work along with the takedowns and alleys, the mini vector sl runs fine, the larger vector sl had its rotator bulb burned out so I replaced it with one of the working ones from my first vector, The Liberty runs fine on a 10amp continuous regulated power supply and the Streethawk works completely.