Chris07

[Alpha][Unreleased]County of Northview

I have to say, I am really enjoying this mod! The only other thing I would like to see is limited water script, (With the tanker and all).

Great Job!

Limited water supply and fire alarms were slated for v3.0 release when I was still developing it. It will definitely go in if I make a v3. My only concern is performance. Limited water supply can be a bit taxing especially when we have lot of lights and other things going on in the mod.

Good job guys great work but why didn't you guys add new emergency vehicles to the game like the Ford Explorer 2014 and the Chevrolet Impala 2014. 

Thanks. This mod was developed between December 2013 and February 2014. I don't believe those models were out for EM4 at the time. Even if they where, We really liked goog1967's Crown Vics so we just went with that.

Excellent video!

Just as a note, the mod has two gamemodes. The first is Fire/EMS and the other is Fire/EMS/Police. The difference? One has Police/TEC missions enabled, and the other doesn't. Just as a fair warning, Playing with all three mission types enabled is quite difficult in single player. If you identify yourself as an EM4 "Pro" I dare you to play Fire/EMS/Police on Hard....or even Medium.

Okay, so I've released a little maintenance release with a few goodies.

Changes since v2.0.3

Bug Fix: Fire engines had the "Deck Gun ON" command by default, requiring a user to click it twice before turning off the deck gun. The "Deck Gun OFF" command is now the default command, as it should be.

Bug Fix: North Eastern Patrol path should no longer get stuck in the hospital parking lot. While I advise against using patrol paths since they tend to jam up traffic, it is now fully operational for those who wish to use is.

Bug Fix: Fire units at Fire Station 83 (bottom right) should no longer go out the back of their station (through a closed gate) when responding to calls in the areas below it.

Bug Fix: Ambulances no longer compete for parking spaces when they arrive in quick succession. Each will go to a designated spot.

Optimization: I moved some virtual objects around the first ambulance parking spot at the hospital. Ambulances should park a little neater now in the first spot.

Optimization: Added a few barricade virtual objects around Fire Station 82 (top right) and EMS station 501 (Upper EMS station) to deter vehicles from taking B-Line paths to the hospital before going the proper way. Probably won't work, but I guess we'll see.

Removal: Vehicle in the water at the port floated on top of the water instead of being underwater. After realizing that you can't place an object under an "ocean" type liquid, I removed the event.

Removal: There was an ambient polygon around the small construction site next to the wash. It was flaky at best and at times seemed waaay too loud. So i removed it.

Addition: To compensate for the removal of the "vehicle in the water" mission, I added a second "vehicle over the side" type mission on the eastern hillside.

Addition: I made a little script adjustment to the Vehicle Redirect script so that when select Sheriff's cars use the redirect command, their primary lights will automatically shut off and only their redirect lights will be turned on. If you wish to redirect with primary lights on, you must manually re-engage the primary lights.

Addition: Added a couple of lights to the slicktop sheriff's cars and the SUV so that when their redirect lights are turned on, and their primary lights subsequently turned off (see addition above), a few forward-facing solid burning red lights are also turned on. This is to give the effect of a "secondary" lights since having just the rear facing redirect lights is a bit boring. I did not add any lights to the 7B-1 so that will only show the rear lights.

This puts us at v2.0.4

I've also been playing around with 7-zip's compression. I've managed to compress the Bajeebus out of the zip and it is now down to 206MB (formerly 244MB). Unzipping it will take a bit more RAM (66MB to be exact)  than the old method but I don't think anyone will have a problem sparing 66MB of ram while it unzips. It should work out of the box without any special programs (tested in Windows 7). If you're on XP, it will not work without 7-zip or a similar program. If there are too many problems unzipping it, I'll go back to the old method. Sorry, but every megabyte counts when you have a crappy upload speed. :P

Download is available on the first page.

I am experiencing an issue with unziping the file. Winrar finds 545 errors during the unzip. What shall I do? 

First, I greatly apologize for the .zip issue. I am uploading a new zip right now that should work. I also want to appologize for the delay. Before I fixed the .zip I wanted to squeeze one more bug fix in. It seemed as though my tweaking of the ambulance parking spots caused some to get stuck when they competed for the same parking spot. To fix this I had to really tweak the parking logic. So now if you send up to three ambulances at the same time, they will all go to a designated spot. No more competing for a parking spot!

I tried to look into the missing MP5/ballistic shield issue but a quick look through doesn't reveal anything obvious. I have no idea why they don't show up. I'll add it to the list for the next maintenance release since I don't want to hold this one up any longer.

I'll post when I've gotten a new upload in place.

Okay. The new .zip should work for everyone. It is available via MEGA for everyone right now, and will be up on MediaFire as soon as it finishes uploading.

If you've already managed to get it installed, you WILL need to download and install it again. I snuck in a critical fix for ambulance parking this time around.

Enjoy!

Amazing mod, thanks for sharing, when I was playing I saw 2 bugs, If I give a S.E.B officer a weapon like a mp 5, the weapon won't show up in his hands, the second bug is that there was a fire at a graveyard in the south, but you didnt saw any fire, only the sound, still you could just extinguish it.