rafaelmfernandez

Brooklyn Modification: Fires not synced in Multiplayer

This has to be the strangest issue ive ever encountered. When I first started making the mod the very first multiplayer games we had the same issue but it fixed itself. But recently the issue has come back. 90% of fires for the host are there but for other players its some random other building or rubbish near by. I have no idea what caused this or how to fix this. If anyone has any clue please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Sounds like a synchronization issue, meaning that the games aren't running together (this game is very guilty of doing this behavior) why it is doing it with fires I honestly don't know what might be causing that.  This game really sucks at synch, that is why certain things only a host can do while the other players can't do it without catastrophic glitches if it doesnt total it 100%.  Chances are something that is running that works fine for Freeplay is running in the background that is eating up the resources that would otherwise be needed for other things for MP..

Tis why I suggested to ya guys to make an MP support-only mod that was separate from the rest of the SP functions, the lighter/more optimized for MP a mod is, the better, some things that SP does fine MP doesnt like and almost always glitches on...  Outside of that, look for demanding scripts/functions that were recently added that may be running in the background full-time that may be taking priority eating up resources and potentially causing the games synch issues to be more prevalent.  Latency +em4 dun get along at all.

It could be something as dumb as the nr. of events on a map is so quantified that when it has to pick between them the 2/4 copies of the game can't synchronize the process of picking one... Idk if you guys changed the events or quantity recently, but that may be whats causing the load that is making it not synched.

The only constant script would be Limited water but than ran smooth in MP with a less optimized mod... hmm  :gruebel: 

Technically, the siren script works similarly. It's just initiated differently.

Didn't you recently add a tiller? That one requires another script that must be run in the background constantly, to check if the trailer of the tiller must be spawned and connected to the tillers' cabin.

But too be honest, I have no idea what this problem causes. It's a synchronisation issue obviously, but there may be a ton of reasons which causes problems that bad. Perhaps the amount of objects (that can be burned) are the problem. See what happens if you delete half of all the objects on the map.

Didn't you recently add a tiller? That one requires another script that must be run in the background constantly, to check if the trailer of the tiller must be spawned and connected to the tillers' cabin.

But too be honest, I have no idea what this problem causes. It's a synchronisation issue obviously, but there may be a ton of reasons which causes problems that bad. Perhaps the amount of objects (that can be burned) are the problem. See what happens if you delete half of all the objects on the map.

Nope we've removed the tiller script from freeplay script due to it not working for some unknown reason so all thats left is the start up script. How bizzare

It could be something as dumb as the nr. of events on a map is so quantified that when it has to pick between them the 2/4 copies of the game can't synchronize the process of picking one... Idk if you guys changed the events or quantity recently, but that may be whats causing the load that is making it not synched.

Issue has been resolved. It had to do with the amount of objects on the map. We had loads of bushes and fences that had fire objects on the map that were duplicates, thanks.

Nope we've removed the tiller script from freeplay script due to it not working for some unknown reason so all thats left is the start up script. How bizzare

Will the Tiller still be in the mod tho?:/