TheHockeydude39

[WIP] Stillwater Modification [Fictional]

Just a suggestion, usually volunteer departments have 1 or 2 guys respond to station and bring the rig(s) to the scene, and the rest of the guys respond in POVs, would this be possible? You could use the undercover police car from the la mod.

Just a suggestion, usually volunteer departments have 1 or 2 guys respond to station and bring the rig(s) to the scene, and the rest of the guys respond in POVs, would this be possible? You could use the undercover police car from the la mod.

Most Volunteer departments actually try to stay away from a system like this. Though this system is still used, mostly in Combo departments (including my own), volunteer departments usually do the tradition of all respond from the station and maybe some called to the scene by request of command.

Also, most volunteers wouldn't have a former unmarked police crown vic as their car (except whackers), just saying. It was a good suggestion, though.

Ummm not there's some departments by me that have unmarked or marked CVPI's as there fly cars so get your facts straight.

He wasn't talking about fly cars or command units he was talking about volly personnel vehicles

And yes most vol dept in less populated areas do go out the door with 1- 2 personnel on board because of the limited staffing, station distance and honestly public relations, the people don't care if its 2 or 5 people coming on the first piece just as long as someone gets there!

Seems like control of the POVs would be nice but I don't know if it would work the way the have the respond to station script made. Seems like a non-issue to me as this mod has already made the volunteer aspect realistic and it functions in game, more than can be said for any other American volunteer mod.

The script looks awesome. I also like the multiple buttons for each vehicle. More options is always a bonus. Different Gates opening at different times is amazing! :D

Police cars look really good. I especially like the SUV for some reason :) Although keep them all in, they're all great :)

Alot of rural departments allow firefighters to respond in their POV to the scene. Many volunteer companies in a more urban area will require firefighters to respond to the fire house and they do not permit you to respond to the scene. On the other hand, there are some times you will see someone on scene in a POV, mainly because there are laws that if you are a FF/EMT you MUST stop at an accident scene if you are passing it.. So it is kind of hard to pass a scene when going to the FD.

Couple questions and suggestions...

With there be a Gold Cross EMS fly car?

Volunteer FDs don't do medical assists, correct?

Add a tanker

Change rear of rescue

Great Job!

To answer one of your questions:

Yes, volunteers departments can run medical assists if they have qualified personnel. Some department might have EMTs, so they run BLS calls. Some might have first-responders just to assist at MVA's and do small medical things. It all depends on the department really.

In my old department (we were very rural) most of our firefighters were certified first responders, we responded to all medicals in our town in our POVs. It worked out well as we did what we could to stabilize a patient and then transmitted patient information to the responding ambulance. We often had firefighters (not first responders) respond as well, they came and did what the responders told them what to do, they were invaluable when we had to move a large patient, control a crowd or set up a LZ. So yeah firefighters do often respond to medicals, likely more often in rural areas then in larger cities. (I'm not sure how they do things in the big city, never worked emergencies in one)

Also I feel like I should probably suggest that everyone chill out and take a step back. I know that everyone wants the game to be just like the emergency services are near them. I am as guilty of this as anyone else. Obviously the mod creators can't please all of us and perhaps we should just be grateful for them making this mod at all. Maybe we should all just wait and see what the mod creators have up their sleeves. (and before you jump on me, yes I know I'm a hypocrite)

Sorry, I missed that post. I recant my earlier preacheness.

i suppose to repent I might as well make my suggestion. Blue lights on POVs, park the brush truck outside the station, and some of the surrounding land should be a state park, national park, national forest or something.

As doe the POV lights, we haven't even heard from the mod creators that it is possible to light the POVs. And if it is perhaps a vote would be best to decide the light color (seeing as the modders seem to really appreciate the feedback)

Yes, I agree with this suggestion.

Here's a picture:

Thanks, that picture is perfect

What you got against that type of rear? Lol, my company has that on the rear of our Rescue because we have a compartment to the rear that holds our extrication tools. It gives you more space sometimes. But I have to agree, I think a stairwell would look better on this truck.

You can hold extrication tools inside of there. Our stairwell actually lifts up with a turn of a knob. It looks better to me personally, again, just an opinion.

were not changing the rear of the rescue 1. because we are fine with it 2.because it doesnt matter and 3. because this is the chicago mod's model and im pretty sure its in their rules to not edit the model.

1. We authorize you to modify the model, if you keep the credits.

2. "Chicago Fire Team" Technically does not exist, the Chicago Fire Mod and this model is by Emergency Brasil Team.

Not bad on that script. Only suggestion I would make is maybe put a small parking lot next to the fire house so the firefighters can pull into there and park instead of making a cluster f#$% at the end of the road! Anyway, I really like it!

were not changing the rear of the rescue 1. because we are fine with it 2.because it doesnt matter and 3. because this is the chicago mod's model and im pretty sure its in their rules to not edit the model.

"The unique thing about this mod is that the community will mesh the way it turns out by your suggestions and criticism! So have at it."