MikeyPI

New York Modification V.1.01

Bonus points to whoever is most observant first !

woah snap, download

I found the download before the topic so I got really excited cause I thought it was THE New York mod however, after downloading and playing I do like this Mod I haven't had a ton of time but I played a little...It's different. I would of liked the arrest command over the rapid deploy but either way I like it. Good Job :12:

We do plan on adding more vehicles to the game, however LA mod will more than likely not be receiving any more updates, since it's done and Hoppah was only borrowed for production of this mod, and isn't gonna be coming back full time to LA mod, if ever.

In regards to the April 1 date, I chose that one. I pulled the same joke last year with my mod, then actually got serious. I'm still working on my mod, which is coming along much better now, but this mod was finished just in the nick of time for April 1 ;)

Love the mod guys

Just wondering about a few things. A lot of vehicles don't have directional lights which is kind of annoying. Also, it would be really helpful to have the call ambulance function for police and to allow ambos to patrol.

The reason we don't have directional bars on everything is so that you actually need to use strategy instead of just have one truck do everything..

The Ambulances aren't made to patrol because that doesn't happen in real life, and we're also making this game a little harder

Just a quick sugestion on the Ambo. The front end is to short, or it just seems to be. It looks to me like a type 3, van front, of which FDNY EMS has zero, not the Type 1, pickup truck front.

Other wise the game looks and plays great.

The ambulance cab is the same as all the other fords, it just looks smaller on the ambulance, but infact it actually is the correct size and shape for the model.

i would be very cool if you add a crime scene unit but still nice job

They wouldn't serve any purpose except for in Deluxe freeplay in which you would investigate the body of the missing person

If there is any technical details you need help with (on the NYPD side) let me know. I hope you put this in:

MF%20disorder%20control%20unit%20vehicle.jpg

(DCU: Disorder Control Unit, or the riot police in other words)

Downloading it now. Looking forward to playing it.

This isn't the one we used simply because of restrictions we were stuck with, We just didn't have enough resources. There may possibly be a variation of this added in the next version maybe

The DCU is included in a van in this mod, that specific humvee unit is not currently in the mod because of the extremely complex scripting required to make it work without bugs was too great to attempt for Version1.

Awsome mod! 5/5 stars!

I love all the models especially the firetrucks. I also love the random police car stuff! Great work with the map too. Oh, and i love the sounds.

Great job guys! Thank you!

I miss the pursuit/arrest command for the police and the "call for backup" commands tho. (call for backup would be that every unit could call for ems/police/firetruck backup. I think that we've seen this command in some LAsubmod.)

I agree somewhat. The pursuit/arrest command sometimes made things too easy. It would be better if it was just pursue and not an automatic arrest, to make things more challenging. I miss being able to call for backup too. This is just version one though.

Some other things:

Traffic Agents (Not Officers) do not carry guns. Their cars also don't have sirens and they wear light blue shirts. They are not Police Officers.

Hats! NYPD PO's need 'em.

The Bat Chief and EMS Command seem useless. Then again it is V1 so you probably didn't add functionality for them yet. Hopefully you give us a Police Supervisor.

It would be nice if the PD was similar to the Fire Department in terms of vehicle parking (IE, cars parked in front of the precinct, and you can call officers out of the precinct to go into the parked cars)

REP trucks should be able to patrol. That is their entire purpose.

I'll think of more later.

...More thanks....

I miss the pursuit/arrest command for the police and the "call for backup" commands tho. (call for backup would be that every unit could call for ems/police/firetruck backup. I think that we've seen this command in some LAsubmod.)

The pursuit command was contemplated to be included, but was never thrown in, will it be in future versions, maybe, but if for anything, it'd be the NYPD HWY units only, no others. We'll take a look at that for future versions, but it will not be as simple as it is now, ie no automated arrest

The Battalion Chief can currently call for all fire and EMS units, and the NYPD Can call in another police unit, however the other units do not and probably will not get these commands, as the game becomes too easy then. We may include some variation of it though

Some other things:

Traffic Agents (Not Officers) do not carry guns. Their cars also don't have sirens and they wear light blue shirts. They are not Police Officers.

We noted this, but we never fixed it. This will be adjusted for the next version.

Hats! NYPD PO's need 'em.

For the amount of work it'd take to add something that tiny to the model, it really isn't a top priority for us. Hats are supposed to be worn all the time, however it MAY be added

The Bat Chief and EMS Command seem useless. Then again it is V1 so you probably didn't add functionality for them yet. Hopefully you give us a Police Supervisor.

The units solely exist for their call options, no other reason at all. The EMS Command is doctor car basically

It would be nice if the PD was similar to the Fire Department in terms of vehicle parking (IE, cars parked in front of the precinct, and you can call officers out of the precinct to go into the parked cars)

That is something we will look at for another version, but right now, we didn't include it because A, more scripting, and B it wouldn't have been able to work as well as we wanted this version.. We may include something similar to this in future versions though, I have some ideas.

REP trucks should be able to patrol. That is their entire purpose.

We overlooked this, however if this is added as a patrol vehicle, it will be greatly limited in it's functions, since we don't want a game that becomes too easy

We did indeed remove the coroner van, as the original game never had one, we didn't see it as an urgent addition.

As for the corrupt file problem, I downloaded it just then, and had 0 problem. I recommend clearing your download cache, and redownloading it. I know it's a pain, but at least it's only 70 or 80 something megabytes

If there is any technical details you need help with (on the NYPD side) let me know. I hope you put this in:

MF%20disorder%20control%20unit%20vehicle.jpg

(DCU: Disorder Control Unit, or the riot police in other words)

Downloading it now. Looking forward to playing it.

just a thought not sure if you had it but if you add this in later version you could use scripts the would normally use for the water cannon just take the imagine of water out.

Snip

In response to the models with hats, the traffic agents have them. It probably wouldn't take much work since they already exist on a model. I agree that making the REP truck patrol might make things too easy as well.

Thanks for addressing my previous post. :)