Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
  • Announcements

• MikeyPI

READ BEFORE REQUESTING ASSISTANCE!   01/23/2016

Please ensure you have done the following things to posting a request for assistance regarding your problem with your game: 1).Searched the Forum using the search tool located on the top menu. 2).Have your logfile from your game so that it may be reviewed. EX: C:\Program Files\Wizardworks\Emergency 911 First Responders\Logfile.txt. 3).Get your DirectX Diagnostic Log Start: Run: Type in dxdiag and press ok. After it does it's diagnostic save the information and upload it. 4).List your system specs if the information of your hardware does NOT match the DX Diag or information was omitted from the report. Please also remember to use the "Upload" file or "Wrap in Code Tags" options to attatch your DirectX Diagnostic log or your Logfile.txt so that they can be viewed without consuming a large quantity of a page. To upload the file, just browse and select the .txt file and press "UPLOAD" and they will be attatched. The alternative will produce a code box around your choosen text, preserving all coded information as it belongs. To do this you can hit the button found to the left of the "youtube" button and [code}{/code] (replace the }{ with ][) appears, copy and paste your logfiles into the space between the ][ symbols and post. Any post that has the log file directly written in the post without either the code box or attatch feature WILL Be edited/removed. Assistance Requests that fail to do the above mentioned tasks will be virtually impossible to diagnose and assist in repairing. As such, they will most likely remain unanswered or be deleted! If you cannot take the time to attempt to retrieve these things for us to help, why should we take the time to try to help you?
    • MikeyPI

Emergency 4/Deluxe/911: First Responders System Requirements (Read this first if your game experiences lag)   01/23/2016

Emergency 4, Emergency 4 Deluxe, and 911: First Responders System Requirements: Minimum System Requirements: Operating System: Microsoft Windows 2000/Windows XP/Windows Vista Processor: 1.7 GHz System Memory (RAM): 512 MB RAM Video Card: DirectX 9-compatible AGP Graphic card. NVIDIA GeForce3 or equivalent chip set with 64 MB RAM Sound: DirectX9-compatible soundcard Hard Drive: 1 GB free hard disk space Online Play Requirements: ISDN for Multiplayer Mode DSL/Cable(High Speed) for server operation in Multiplayer Mode Recommended system configuration: Operating System: Microsoft Windows 2000/Windows XP/Windows Vista Processor: 2.5 GHz System Memory (RAM): 1024 MB RAM (EMP Recommendation: 2 or more Gigabytes of RAM) Video Card: DirectX 9-compatible AGP Graphic card. NVIDIA GeForce 5700 or comparable chip set with 128 MB RAM (EMP Recommendation: GeForce or ATI with at least 256 MB RAM) Sound: DirectX9-compatible soundcard Hard Drive: 2 GB free hard disk space Online Play Requirements: DSL/Cable(High Speed) for Multiplayer Mode Additional Notes: While it may be possible to play this game on a Mobile Computer (Notebook) most notebooks are not intended for gaming and it is possible that you will experience less than desirable game play. Windows Vista requires more resources to function so you should assume that in order to play the game efficiently you will require higher Processor speeds and System Memory (RAM). Please note that online play may experience lag due to your connection or the connections your fellow players may have, it may also experience lag due to one of your fellow player's computers being lower performance machines. The Staff of Emergency-Planet strongly recommends those of you that wish to play the add-on modifications ensure that you have higher performance computers since most of the add-on modifications for this game are much more demanding on your computer's resources than the original game is. Our increased recommendations are not required to play the game, although we suggest that you have higher System Memory (RAM) and a more powerful Video Card than the game manufactuers recommend, especially if you are using modifications.
    • randomperson139

Signatures   03/04/2016

Hi everyone. It appears that the update to the new forum has affected the format of the majority of signatures (adding extra spaces, changing sizes etc.). Due to this, could everyone please check their own signature, ensuring that it complies with the site rules. See the http://www.emergency-planet.com/tos.html/ or http://www.emergency-planet.com/topic/16848-acceptable-signature-sizes/ for more information.  We'll give it a few weeks to give enough time to edit signatures, after that the unnecessarily large signatures will simply be removed. Thanks for your cooperation. Regards, EMP Staff.
Sign in to follow this  
Gamage

Performance and Graphic Fixes

Was this Useful?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Was this Useful?

I'm new to the forum but had this game for a while as well as read a lot on the forums. I decided to help you guys out with things that I figured out that I believe some of you still have trouble with.

And just in case I apologize if anything was mentioned or if this is under the wrong category.

Important!: If you want to try this you MUST have NVIDIA drivers.

Performance Fix

Ok to start off I noticed a few people have trouble with lag/slowdown when multiple units are selected.

I had this problem myself and turned off PhysX. This improved my performance by a lot.

To do this turn on the NVIDIA Control Panel by right clicking and selecting "NVIDIA Control Panel"

post-11006-1265769342_thumb.jpg

Once it's open it should look something like this...

post-11006-1265769385_thumb.jpg

Then click on "Set PhysX configuration"

post-11006-1265769489_thumb.jpg

Once on the page click "Disable" and then apply your settings.

post-11006-1265769545_thumb.jpg

Slight Graphics Fix

Now for a few graphics improvements using the Nvidia Control Panel

These allow you to max out the games "Default" graphics and allow the NVIDIA Control Panel to make those graphics look even better such as adding AA among others.

Repeat the above steps to simply open the NVIDIA Control Panel

Then click on "Standard" and a drop down menu should appear.

post-11006-1265769807_thumb.jpg

Click on "Advanced"

post-11006-1265769860_thumb.jpg

Then click on "Manage 3D Settings"

post-11006-1265769912_thumb.jpg

Click on "Program Settings"

post-11006-1265770120_thumb.jpg

Now click on the drop down box labeled as 1 and find "Emergency 4" which is labeled as 2.

post-11006-1265770433_thumb.jpg

These are the default settings

post-11006-1265770600_thumb.jpg

And here are the settings you need to have in order to use the NVIDIA Control Panel to it's full potential (NOTE: If your game becomes slow because your computer can't handle it but you still want superior graphics only lower "Anisotropic Filtering", "Antialiasing - Settings", and the "Antialiasing - Transparency")

post-11006-1265771035_thumb.jpg

Here is the lower portion of the settings once again to use the Control Panel to it's full potention (NOTE: Out of these settings you can lower everything or turn them off if your computer can't handle it)

post-11006-1265771324_thumb.jpg

Don't forget to click apply

post-11006-1265771457_thumb.jpg

Also if at any point you want to put all the settings back to their original settings just click restore.

post-11006-1265771572_thumb.jpg

Resolution Tweak

Here is a Resolution fix I was promising all day

Open up "My Computer" and go to Drive (C:)

post-11006-1265847694_thumb.jpg

Open up "Program Files (x86)"

post-11006-1265847744_thumb.jpg

Find a folder called "Wizard Works"

post-11006-1265847822_thumb.jpg

Find a file called em4 or em4deluxe (You will only have one of these)

post-11006-1265848011_thumb.jpg

Copy and past it in case you make a mistake.

post-11006-1265848054_thumb.jpg

Right click and select "Open with..."

post-11006-1265848106_thumb.jpg

Select "Notepad" (or if you have it "Notepad2"thanks to Xplorer4x4 for bringing this up)

post-11006-1265848150_thumb.jpg

A file with lot's of gibberish should pop up

post-11006-1265848227_thumb.jpg

Press Ctrl+F. Find should pop up

post-11006-1265848883_thumb.jpg

Type in xres and click find next.

post-11006-1265848934_thumb.jpg

Find the two values of xres and yres

post-11006-1265848976_thumb.jpg

Change the numbers to your resolution (mine is 1920 by 1200)

post-11006-1265849018_thumb.jpg

Save and your done!

post-11006-1265849044_thumb.jpg

The copy was made as a backup in case you make a mistake or it wont start. You can just copy it back to retry or just leave it and not mess with it any more.

Camera fix can be found in the L.A. MOD FAQ

If you have any problems just post it here or PM me.

I will also be making a tutorial for ATI soon (im getting an HD 5870).

Have fun! :)

Guest [SAP]Francis

The AA seemed to work only a little bit because the game doesn't support it even minimally. :P

Glad it helped a little at least. For me it was actually a larger performance boost and the graphics were moderatly better but that could be because the jagged edges annoyed me a lot more.

I'll probably post graphic comparison pics a little later.

Guest [SAP]Francis
Glad it helped a little at least. For me it was actually a larger performance boost and the graphics were moderatly better but that could be because the jagged edges annoyed me a lot more.

I'll probably post graphic comparison pics a little later.

Well my PhysX was already disabled, so it didn't boost my performance. :P

I tried disable the SetPhysx and it worked! But I didn't get much result from the other stuff. I have a question. My game runs perfect when playing normally. But when I record the game the frame rate drops by 10-20 FPS. Any ways to prevent that from happening? I messed around a little in the Nvidia control panel, but I'm not sure what I'm doing :P

Guest pmadden94

This did improve my performance a considerable amount.

Thanks for taking the time to write this!

I tried disable the SetPhysx and it worked! But I didn't get much result from the other stuff. I have a question. My game runs perfect when playing normally. But when I record the game the frame rate drops by 10-20 FPS. Any ways to prevent that from happening? I messed around a little in the Nvidia control panel, but I'm not sure what I'm doing :P

What do you use to record?

This did improve my performance a considerable amount.

Thanks for taking the time to write this!

No problem. Glad I could help. :)

To be honest I thought no one would really care about this post.

Guest pmadden94
To be honest I thought no one would really care about this post.

I think this will be very helpful to many, many people. Just wait and see, it will attract more attention in the coming week

Thanks! It can be really helpful for some people I think. I will try it too, to see if it boosts performance in FPS. :)

How did found this out? I mean, there are a ton of things you can try to see if it helps, so how did you end up in the NVIDIA control panel?

To be honest I just had a small hunch about the PhysX.

The slight graphics I found out by noticing the the options that were available but in particular the "Override any application setting"

Oh and now I'm looking for a way to increase the resolution. I have already found the file I need to modify but am going to test this out before I post anything.

To be honest I just had a small hunch about the PhysX.

The slight graphics I found out by noticing the the options that were available but in particular the "Override any application setting"

Oh and now I'm looking for a way to increase the resolution. I have already found the file I need to modify but am going to test this out before I post anything.

You can edit the em4.cfg (or em4deluxe.cfg) config file to change the resolution to anything you want.

Thanks I'm just experimenting with higher resolutions.

Edit: I successfully got the game working full screen on my 1920 by 1200 monitor.

I only need to make a few adjustments to the camera.

I'll be making a tutorial soon that will show you how to increase your resolution if it is not supported by the game.

post-11006-1265834584_thumb.jpg

Here's the nice comparison I promised.

The left side is with the slight fix while the right side is just standard.

BTW Good job on the Audi Hoppah

NOTE:This image is slightly distorted. You may be able to see the difference or you may not. I higher quality one will be re-posted.

Try looking at edges like the edge of the white car or the lines painted onto the ground.

Yeah.. I can see it..

It is an improvement, Shame I don't have a Nvidia graphics card :(

Yeah.. I can see it..

It is an improvement, Shame I don't have a Nvidia graphics card :(

Don't worry I'll be making a resolution fix for both users. :)

Like I said it's a slight difference.

It will be more noticeable on higher resolutions which I will be making a tutorial for soon.

I don't see a difference either, but that might be caused by the jpg compression. Unfortunately, there is some distortion in your picture. If you used Fraps to take the screens, make sure to choose .png or .bmp for the screenshots. They have less distortion and that is better for a comparision like this. :)