Grim_Wizard

New mod

---=New Mod=---

It has struck me dumbfounded as I look in on the mission help threads and see an overwhelming amount of "I can't do this" or "This is too hard!" Honestly? I've seen people asking where are the injured in the later missions without calling in dog squads to help find them. It's absolutely insane. I haven't realized how much of this game is based on personal experience then on the basic joe who doesn't know jack about Emergency Management. (I proudly have a degree). So I "Forgot" all I knew about the subject and headed into a new game. The damn tutorial is near bare! And the learning pace is set to show you what you're "Supposed to do". Some people cheat and use 999999999999 credits to buildup a massive amount of units and make it "Realistic". That's what I do. So I'm making this new mod for those of us who can't go to collage or have no interest in learning class room style.

So I present the tutorial mod, a work in progress. It will be released in 4 packs...

1.) Game Style play for Slower computers + New Tutorial

2.) Game Style Play for Faster computers + New Tutorial

3.) Emergency Management and Advanced skills for Slower Computers

4.) Emergency Management and Advanced skills for Faster Computers

What are these packs?

Because not everyone has the same computer there will be a significant reduction in RAM consuming elements while still providing the learning functions of the new lessons. Advanced one's look more "Kick ass" then the ones for slower computers.

Game style play packs are designed to go over every function of the game step by step and then increase in difficulty, then do a mission on your own then receive an evaluation. The new tutorial explains every command that can be given so it will be one of the longer missions.

Emergency Management and Advanced skills will show the player how to respond to a given situation, such as a bomb or fire, like real emergency services would. While using these tactics in the real world are good they can slow down the computer, never the less people want realism so I'll give realism.

There will be about 20 missions and a new tutorial in the game pack and about 10 in the advanced pack.

There will also be guides that come with the game on...

1.) Money Management

2.) Unit Quick Reference

3.) Walkthroughs

What will you be concentrating on the most in this mod?

A lot of the problems encountered by players are generally not being able to find missing persons and controlling large fires with limited access to them. (i.e. mission 14 of emergency three train derailment, it is regarded as one of the most difficult missions ever and is a large scale brush fire) Also finding missing persons when time is limited can be tough, therefore there will be two large missions, after the instructional ones, TOUR BUS FALLS OFF OF RAVINE and FIRE IN A SELF STORAGE AREA plus with the possibility to create more missions on there is already a plan for a whole pack (Slow and fast set) directly relating to forest fires.

This way we can help out the congestion on the site due to one post users that just ask one question.

Oh and did I mention...

I NEED HELP WITH SOME SCRIPTING BECAUSE I ONLY HAVE A RUDDEMENTARY KNOWLADGE OF C++

The maps will be ones that come with the game.

Also, anyone who does voice acting, let me know! This will also have a large amount of voice overs for instructions.

Contact me via PM as Gerardtriloski@aol.com no longer exists

New_Tutorial_Quick_10.txt -- 10 quick steps to think about before coming to Emergency Planet.

Staffing

---Writers

GerardTIII

X

X

---Research

GerardTIII

X (Preferably a Moderator or Administrator)

---Map Editing

GerardTIII

X (Someone who is really good)

---Scripting (Must have good knowledge in this field, understand mission scripting and command scripting)

X

X

X

X(Up to four)

---Voices (Preferably ones that have done work before)

X

X

Can I suggest things for this mod?

Up to a certain point yes you may, in fact because this is not an aesthetic type game it is highly encouraged that you do so, as this will help out certain functions of the mod. For example if some one asks, "Hey I really have trouble with a certain mission because it's really hard to find this object", we will create a new section for it, and if you have to preform this task several times, we will specifically make a new pack for it in the game play packs section. However if we use another mod (Take Mine for example) DO NOT ASK ME TO CHANGE CERTAIN ASTHETIC CHANGES OR RELESE DATES! Chances are we will not use another person's mod unless they ask for it specifically.

:verweis:Progress/News:verweis:

Mission 1 is written up already and will be put together soon, it teaches evacuation, creative problem solving, dealing with panicked civilians, and prevention of a time delay event.

There will be two new units, an instructor that you must find and catch with negotiations and a red dummy that you will have to take out in one of the training exercises.

Mission 3 is on the drawing board, and it will be a very descriptive one on how to assault a heavily fortified compound, contain a very large fire (Remember drug cartel assault in EM3 LA mod, I found a new way to assault the compound and it has to do with cranes, guns, shipping containers, and a railway car muhahahahahaha!!!!) and rescue hostages.

Mission 8 is in early development but it will deal with finding lost persons, clearing an area to make it accesable, and the best way to question civilians.

Mission 9 is almost written, it is entierly traffic control, traffic light failures, and moving cars with the crane.

:ATTENTION COMPATIBILITY:

The Packs will only be accessible to Emergency 4 and 911 First Responders Retail Version (1.01). IT WILL NOT SUPPORT DELUXE EDITION due to a freeplay issue, don't ask because I've tried, (However anyone with Deluxe edition can help me out that would be great)

Termonology

Written: Not made yet but the idea is there

Hmm was working on an "Advanced Tutorial" mod. Maybe I'll help lol. In mine, I made a new tutorial that was far longer and more in depth and covered more topics as well as including up to 10 "simulated/controlled" missions and maybe even a 'controlled' freeplay.