erfd

Arma 2

I don't have it, but I think I'll post in here anyway for the hell of it...

Although I don't have it, I wouldn't recommend you get it yet. There's two benefits of waiting.

Firstly it'll be cheaper.

Secondly, there will be several patches released from Bohemia interactive that will fix the super human A.I that can detect you behind a building from 50 miles away. (lol, exxageration :P But the A.I is very good at spotting you.)

This guy has a lot of ArmA II videos of playing the campaign online and playing multiplayer missions. One of his gripes is that the campaign has too much talking in it.

So if I was you, I would wait for it to drop in price first, then hopefully the patches will be out to fix most issues. Might be worth reading what the patches have fixed so far and what issues they have created.

I have it. and i would recommend it if your a realism player. im part of the 101st airborne division that is mainly Arma 2 and we have modifications on the server that play out realistically. but only if your into tactical realism. its not a one man show in the game. single player sure seems it but fire support and teams are what accomplishes the objective. you also can have fun. there are also modders out there with City Life 2 modding for cops and civilians. so its not all military you make it how you want it.

I don't have it, but I think I'll post in here anyway for the hell of it...

Although I don't have it, I wouldn't recommend you get it yet. There's two benefits of waiting.

Firstly it'll be cheaper.

Secondly, there will be several patches released from Bohemia interactive that will fix the super human A.I that can detect you behind a building from 50 miles away. (lol, exxageration :P But the A.I is very good at spotting you.)

This guy has a lot of ArmA II videos of playing the campaign online and playing multiplayer missions. One of his gripes is that the campaign has too much talking in it.

So if I was you, I would wait for it to drop in price first, then hopefully the patches will be out to fix most issues. Might be worth reading what the patches have fixed so far and what issues they have created.

This is a old (well not new) game and its very cheap (here in the UK anyway) also there has been 5 patch's which fixed most things.

I would recomend the game its very realistic and as station9emt/firefighter says you have to work in teams. The game has alot of mods out, depending on what you want to do but ACE is the best for realism :)

Id recomend the game :sporty:

Question: how strong of system do i need to run this. I've heard a lot about systems not running it. I sure mine will run it, but I don't Want it to overload my computer.

Upon playing the demo from steam, I managed to run it on a different level of low/medium

AMD Athlon 64 at 2.2Ghz

Geforce 7600 GS with 512Mb RAM

2Gb DDR2 RAM

It seems fine to me (but I sometimes don't see stutters).

Although Can you run it is a bit rubbish, it'll give you an idea.

So it's not that demanding imo. you should be perfectly fine

I getting it from steam. :P Can you make missions where you are driving and you get ambushed?

Yea, would require scripting though. Was the first mission in ArmA too, just not as extreme

your vehicle patrol is redirected to a city where gunfire has been heard. The vehicle waits outside the city and you all go in by foot, where you realise that tanks are closing in on your position.

Thats how I remember the mission anyway. So it shouldn't be impossible in ArmA2. Probably really hard to escape the ambush, but possible.

I love the game, I got it when it first came out but I migrated computers and the company I bought it from won't let me redownload but I'm scrounging money for my second purchase :D

By the way I don't find the AI superhuman there is just a learning curve to the gameplay, then the AI will become somewhat easy. The best part is the editor, you can make any mission to your heart's content. Whether it takes you a minute to create a simple firefight or a few weeks to create a large scale war the editor is simply fantastic.

The demo is pretty good. I like the second mission where you raid the villiage. There is rarely close combat, which is realistic and cool. I like it :). Multiplayer is fun to, you get pinned down and call for help and a blackHawk pilot will come and rescue.

Best buy has it on there site not available though.... I'll probaly order it from their site for direct download or Oder a boxed version.

Hi this is a great game to buy and fits in well with emergency 4 as there are a few mods oot there for it. The best 2 'rpgs' are chernarus life and aussie life which you choose to either be a cop or civ and can do lots of things e.g civs can sell drugs and do taxi missions and cops basically be a cop.

The difference between Chern life and auusie life is that aussie life uses alot of modded content like new police uniforms choppers and cars (monaros) and also a austrlia and new zeland map.

As mentioned before city life 2 is soon to be released with several police uniforms and more content. City life is much better though as you can save your money buy houses cars and new buildings like banks and prisons. Check out WWW.CITYLIFERPG.COM for more info or google it.

If you would like to know hpw to play aussie or chern life just pm me or post questions here.

I sound like a PR rep but its just i play this alot.

Regards Swano :P