novius

Problems with the panels in game

So, I've had this problem since I started playing. It doesn't freeze the game or anything, but it's getting annoying. Instead of the panels (Calling units/game speed/etc and the buttons next to the minimap) I have gray square buttons. To make it more interesting, the lower left hand panel is a gray rectangle, and the call buttons turn a grayish hue (like a faded red for fire, blue for police, light gray for medical, and puke colored tech) I know this is wrong based on all the screenies everyone has posted. I have the retail game bought in the US, not sure the version, but I haven't had many other problems, so I'm not sure if I need to patch or not. Here's my specs:

DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

446 MB RAM

AMD Sempron Processor 3300+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.0GHz

XP Home v. 5.1 Build 2600

VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP Graphics card @ 64.0MB

Drivers have been updated since I got the game.

Any thoughts? I'm really disturbed here.

Guest Gamesfunk
So, I've had this problem since I started playing. It doesn't freeze the game or anything, but it's getting annoying. Instead of the panels (Calling units/game speed/etc and the buttons next to the minimap) I have gray square buttons. To make it more interesting, the lower left hand panel is a gray rectangle, and the call buttons turn a grayish hue (like a faded red for fire, blue for police, light gray for medical, and puke colored tech) I know this is wrong based on all the screenies everyone has posted. I have the retail game bought in the US, not sure the version, but I haven't had many other problems, so I'm not sure if I need to patch or not. Here's my specs:

446 MB RAM

Could you supply us with a screenshot of the problem?

G.

446 MB RAM

US version is 1.3 :) No patch needed

About your specs...

The ram is quite low, but that shouldnt be a problem.

Try to post a screenshot to describe it and ill try to give further help ;)

US version is 1.3 :) No patch needed

About your specs...

The ram is quite low, but that shouldnt be a problem.

Try to post a screenshot to describe it and ill try to give further help ;)

I've noticed the textures flash oddly as well, but I attribute that to RAM and I don't really trust my UniChrome card for anything.... I will put a screenie on a photo album and supply a link tomorrow or later today, I need sleep. I'm a bit too noob here, not sure how to add a pic to posts, but that's irrelevant, bc the pic would be too small anyway. I'll edit this post, so I'm not doubling, with the link.

I appreciate the help!

EDIT: Link is here to the pic on photobucket. I pulled out all the maps and everything so you can see.

Thanks, guys.

Would think that is your graphics,could try turning oprions down and see if thats any better.

Better off getting separate graphics card as sounds like yours onboard, how much free hard drive space you got?more than 2gb?

Would think that is your graphics,could try turning oprions down and see if thats any better.

Better off getting separate graphics card as sounds like yours onboard, how much free hard drive space you got?more than 2gb?

delayed response to the previous post :happy: lol