Smoothe88

Paid to MOD

Modding Compensation  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Would you definitely work for someone if they paid you to get a Mod done?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No

Okay I had an odd idea and I wanted some input on it before I went ahead with anything. I have two Mod ideas that I am in the process of making apparatus models for and I definitely want to make these Mods a reality. Now I do understand that modding is time consuming so I was thinking of an idea to add icing to the cake. What if you were to get compensated for creating a mod within a realistic time frame? Tell me what you think peoples... :grinsevil:

Okay I had an odd idea and I wanted some input on it before I went ahead with anything. I have two Mod ideas that I am in the process of making apparatus models for and I definitely want to make these Mods a reality. Now I do understand that modding is time consuming so I was thinking of an idea to add icing to the cake. What if you were to get compensated for creating a mod within a realistic time frame? Tell me what you think peoples... :grinsevil:

well where you going to get all the money to give people?

well where you going to get all the money to give people?

Also, how would you determine what you pay people?

Would it be;

1)On experience?

2)On hours commited?

3)A set fee for each model etc they create?

I think it's a nice idea in theory, but ultimately it will cost you alot of money, for alot of stuff which you can't say is yours, for a mod you can't earn money for by selling.

It makes no sense to give people your money, when every other mod being created (and there's a lot!) has many, many volunteers doing the same high standard of work required.

(P.s That means i'm voting no)

This isn't to trash your idea totally, as you say it was just an idea so I thought I would give constructive criticism - No offence intended

Are you going to offer payment like....

Make a finish model unit. $10 dollars

Make a person unit. $5

Make items for units. $3

Script new actions. $15 dollars

Use a old Script for actions. $5 dollars

Make a new map. $20

Skinning objects. $3

Would some one work for this much?

To be honest... If you can't find people who loves to help with your Mod for free. Because those people want to take part in making the same Mod then that's great.

Yet, some people can't get help with people that are skilled. Paying a few bucks to get the mod started is not a bad idea.

What else a person could do?

Paid for hours is the most fair but I vote no. If you have to pay people to do stuff for you, well that could mean two things;

1. It's not a mod anymore. Mods should be FREE *cough*that means you flightsim.com*cough*

2. You suck as a leader lol.

BTW how can you Definitely Maybe work for someone?

Wait before you guys get the wrong idea, I am NOT selling a mod. I am not stupid enough to do something that is not allowed. I was just tossing an idea that hit me in the face. I didn't mean to cause any tidal waves :1046274283_heul: Augh I can see in my exhaustion from my long shift last night I didn't realize how badly worded my idea was.

I don't think you are even allowed 'sell' mods. So I said no.

Selling a mod is something different than paying someone to make models only. Know the difference. The creation of a 3D model is basically not connected to the game in any way. If I want I can even sell my own made models from the Los Angeles Mod if I want to. I own these models and not the creator of the game. I just can't sell the Los Angeles Mod itself, because it contains parts from the original game too. For me, it's just a hobby anyway. I do not have enough time to make new 3D-models for money. And I would never make 3D-models as a job.

I voted no also because I just don't have the time or the computer to do stuff like that all day long and not only that but if you want a mod, you should do it yourself. And I forgot what else I was going to say... :gruebel:

Well I know, I would glad to pay some one a few buck to give my mod a "jump start" in a few areas. But won't pay any over $20 USDs for a finish model. $5 USDs would my average prince. No you could waste a lot of money. Unless they are rich and I'm not rich. I got to pay my college bills.

Selling a mod is something different than paying someone to make models only. Know the difference. The creation of a 3D model is basically not connected to the game in any way. If I want I can even sell my own made models from the Los Angeles Mod if I want to. I own these models and not the creator of the game. I just can't sell the Los Angeles Mod itself, because it contains parts from the original game too. For me, it's just a hobby anyway. I do not have enough time to make new 3D-models for money. And I would never make 3D-models as a job.

Ouch ouch ouch no sir actually I made my own models for two mods that I wanted to start up. I wasn't gonna sit on my butt and do nothing. It was just an odd idea that hit me is all. I meant no disrespect to anyone who may have been offended, like i said it was just and odd idea. Not really meant to be followed through with. I apologize if my words were not clear enough :sorrysign:

I would, but only if the mod is LA/Winterberg quality.

Yeah, If your paying some one. They must have some skill to finish a model or that there is good learning curve while paying.

Like as "If you learn to Model this unit. I'll give you 5 bucks." It's like paying someone to learn how to do it.

Because some people with skills are just lazy to do any thing. Unless you offer then a good offer as a reward.

I had like many people that have skills to build a mod. Most people quit team because they have no rewards in the short run or too busy with something and give up something that they get no rewards from. Have your name in a Mod is really no big reward to some people.

People might work harder to get there 20 dollars than doing it for free.