Guest deadnoob

Jayhawk help!

Guest deadnoob

HELP!

Ok so I dled the LA mod, hats off to hoppah, its AMAZING. But as I come to the mission where the freighter crashes into the bridge, I can't seem to airlift the patients out of the danger area.

My icons for lifting are blanked out. Wont let me use them... I'm so confused. All i'm able to do is drop a diver into the water!

I know it's probably some stupid noob move i'm making, but i just cant figure it out for the life of me... please help!

What am I doing wrong? How airlift them out?

All help is greatly appreciated! Thank You!!

Guest deadnoob

my that was quick... lol

either or....

there are both people in the water i would like to save, as well as injured on land on the other side of the bridge that is out.. i don't see why i cant just pick up the ones on land.

The engineer is default personal but you also have the option to add him in the dispatch menu.

I have just gone in and played that mission, you also won't be able to pick up people who have rubble on top of them, there are 2 men on the boat and to remove them you need to remove the rubble off them first then you should be able to take them up in the helicopter.

Guest deadnoob

right, i've done that, but it has to be done with the boat and firemen..

when i try to use the helicopter, there is no USCG Rescue Worker in it, just one LAFD Diver for default with the possiblity of adding two more..

and i searched for an USCG Rescue Worker elsewhere, like maybe a vehicle (figured i could land the chopper and load him in) but i can't find it.

am i missing units or what?...

and which copter are you using? the air ambulance or the USCG Jayhawk? No matter, i cant load an USCG Rescue Worker into either..

is the Rescue Worker the same as the LAFD Diver?

Guest deadnoob

absolutely positive.

i can load the diver, but not the rescue worker... he's just not there.

went into the install directory /wizardworks/911-first-responders/mods/la mod 2.0/prototype/persons

as well as /la mod 2.0/models/persons

couldn't find anything mentioning "USCG" or the like at all...

what version are you running? is it possible 2.0 is flawed? should i downgrade? this is odd....

oh and i did manage to find the engineer van, but no rescue worker.

EDIT: Also noticed the bulldozer isnt available on this mission, dont know if it is on others... should it be here?

Go 'LA mod folder -> Units -> persons -> Tec -> and you should see a folder called '020uscgrescue'

You can only get the rescue worker in the jayhawk.

Some units aren't available on all missions, I can't remember if it should be or not.

EDIT: The bulldozer is available in these missions: '17 12 14 7 19 10 6 18 16 11 20 24 31'.

Guest deadnoob

yes, i found that folder, with a bunch of files inside, however, i still don't see him in-game...

what do you mean you can only get the rescue worker in there? how is that so when the LAFD Diver is loaded automatically?

i've done a complete re-install of the LA Mod 2.0 and still nothing...

-so confused-

Thanks for your time with me on this, i do appreciate it very much..

Guest deadnoob

i did install the lightpack mod (one of the ones off the approved list from hoppah)

NOT tonys lightpack, but the other.

HOWEVER, that was deleted once i did a re-install of LAmod, and still nothing. otherwise, no editing was done.

and yes, running 2.0.

to be honest i havent tried other missions, been kinda working my way up the ladder..

i shall try freeplay and see what happens but for ome reason i doubt ill see the guy.

:'( this makes me sad.... i really want to play!!

Also, I'm running version 1.0 of 911-FirstResponders. Do I need to update? Could that be the problem?

I'm worried that if I do, it won't be compatible with LaMod 2.0

Guest deadnoob

Okay, so I loaded freeplay and the jayhawk is loaded with the rescueworker and diver.

This is the only time I've seen him

I started the oil rig mission and now he is availabe with the Diver as well.

I still don't have him in the motorway collapse mission though. Is it just too early to use him? Didn't you say you were able to?

Thanks again.

The only thing I personally can see, when comparing the two unit files, is as follows:

Jayhawk:

<missions value="8 5 17 12 13 14 7 19 10 6 18 16 11 20 24 32">

USCG Rescue Worker:

<missions value="8 5 17 12 13 14 7 19 10 6 18 16 11 20 23 24 25 32">

USCG Dauphin from AUS:

And, as you can see, the Rescue worker is available for more than the Jayhawk is, so, I can't see why this is.

Guest deadnoob
The only thing I personally can see, when comparing the two unit files, is as follows:

Jayhawk:

<missions value="8 5 17 12 13 14 7 19 10 6 18 16 11 20 24 32">

USCG Rescue Worker:

USCG Dauphin from AUS:

And, as you can see, the Rescue worker is available for more than the Jayhawk is, so, I can't see why this is.

Whered you get that? Is it pulled from the config file?

Would it be possible to manually edit the file myself to include him, or other units, in missions that I specify..?

And again, thanks for all your help guys!

Guest deadnoob
this is found, for me, at least, in:

C:\Program Files\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v2.0\Units\Vehicles\TEC

Yours may differ a bit, depending on which game you have.

This CAN be edited :) What is it you're trying to accomplish? just the origional problem?

Ohh yay! It can?? Yes I would like to correct the orginal problem, would also just like to know in general for future reference. In case I decide there should be a unit in a mission that not included later on. As was my original problem..

Your best bet, in my opinion, would be to add the USCG Jayhawk (and Dauphin, if you've got it) to every mission. Do this by copying the mission numbers from a vehicle thats in EVERY mission (LAPD Patrol Car, ALS or BLS Ambulance, ALS or BLS Engine) into the mission numbers of the Jayhawk (and Dauphin) as well as the USCG Rescue Worker. Copy the following line into the unit.xml of units\vehicles\TEC\120rescuehelicopter, units\vehicles\TEC\125dolphin, and units\personnel\TEC\020uscgrescue:

<missions value="1 2 3 4 13 15 9 8 5 17 12 14 7 19 10 6 18 16 11 20 24 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35">

make sure its aligned properly (hit tab in front of the " < ") with the rest of the script.

To edit the unit.xml(s), simply right click on the unit.xml icon, and left click EDIT from the menu. That will open the .xml file with wordpad for your editing pleasure. Take a look around that, its pretty self-explanitory. hope that helps :D