Turk_WLF

Questions on Los Angeles Mod 2.0

I have been playing LA Mod 2.0 for about a week or so now. Great Mod Hoppah like always ;) .

However I just have a couple of questions on the new features in V 2.0 and general game play within freeplay with LA Mod 2.0.

1) How do you use the Bomb Robot? I can deploy the Bomb Robot from the Bomb Squad but if I try to use it on the Bomb, the Bomb goes off.

2) How do you the LAPD K9 Unit? (I just learned about it today, searching for answers on the Bomb Robot)

3) What is the best way to fight to fight a fire on the Lower Right hand Corner of the free map? (By the time I get the Engines to the fire the whole area is in flames.)

4) On the Haz-Mat fire at the dock just up from Station 1, is there a way to fight the fire without the Haz-mat gas being release?

Thanks,

1. select bomb unit. let him get the bomb robot, send the robot to the bomb to de arm it(you should see your pointer change)(note that bombs have timers, so be fast).

2. I'm not so sure, i did not use them at all(to busy modding myself)

3. I send in, one bulldozer 4engines and the brush patrol.

Bulldozer and brush patrol clear the sight of the hedges, trees and low growings.

The engines place them self in a "let it burn" circle(meaning they form a line, and fight the fire back(while the airplane drops some water from time to time to help them out.

I also send in a few tow truck to get rid of those cars(they keep the FF busy while the fire spreads(must be quick though).

I let 2 engines hook up with only hoses, the other 8 FF get a fire extinguisher(so they are mobile) same with the brush patrol after clearing the sight from that dense area.

Then it's just a matter of moving the circle inch by inch until you win it.

4. hmm there ar multiple fires on the docks, most of them don't release toxic(unless the get out of control).

But the one with toxins, always has spilled at my games.

Guest pmadden94
2) How do you the LAPD K9 Unit? (I just learned about it today, searching for answers on the Bomb Robot)

K-9 officer should go and retrieve the dog once he exits the car. If not, there may be a problem with your scripts, in which case i recomend reinstalling mod

1) How do you use the Bomb Robot?

Get the bomb police guy...dont know his exact title..the bomb robot handler lets say.

And there should be a button that says "activate bomb robot" after you click that, click on the bomb squad car, and he will get it.

3) What is the best way to fight to fight a fire on the Lower Right hand Corner of the free map? (By the time I get the Engines to the fire the whole area is in flames.)

I just keep some brush patrol cars randomly parked around the city for situations like that.

[edit] Tian318 posted a full ten seconds before i did...wow. i am a slowish typer

K-9 officer should go and retrieve the dog once he exits the car. If not, there may be a problem with your scripts, in which case i recomend reinstalling mod

Actually that might not be necessary. A simple enter and exit from the vehicle usually gets the dog out of the car.

BTW the "let it burn" is more commonly referred to as "surround and drown" lol. But it's the only tactic that seems to work in EM4, especially on the new map, since there are WAAAAAAY too many cars. Especially in the damn mall; you get a fire there, you're f*cked.

Guest pmadden94
in the damn mall; you get a fire there, you're f*cked.

yep...my advice: send in a bunch of brush patrols. They are small enough to fit in there, unlike big engines. ON the down side, they only have one hose connection