BillA

Controlling Picketers

Why would you arrest random bystanders? Unless they were actively involved :protest: , I feel its a waster of resources to arrest and transport them.

I do one of two things in this situation.

1) Completely surround area with barricades. Make a perimeter around the area and dont let anyone in or out. Then, send in a water cannon swat vehicle and

have officers arrest people once they are disoriented by the water. The key is too send all the officers in at once. Say there are 5 people, send in 8 officers, just in case.

then there is option 2...send in a fireplane over the area so it hurts all the protestors and then when the cops go to arrest them, they die if they try to resist. This is the safer method for the officers, but will require lots of medics afterwards

I arrest them,

Because, if you shoot the "leader" :protest:

And you send in ems units to safe his sorry ass.

The ems guys will be targeted by the by standers.

And you will have more injured people.

So to be safe i arrest first, and send in ems later on.

[edit]P.S what waste?, 1 suv with 4 officers, place fences, arrest, shoot, ems, done

Well cant you just take the main dude to the police station too, and then the people break apart?

Guest pmadden94
[edit]P.S what waste?, 1 suv with 4 officers, place fences, arrest, shoot, ems, done

I just think that other people who send in twenty patrol cars and the FBI and the Army overreact. I never said you did.

i usually send in 2 apcs and i start spraying them down then i take my sniper and i shoot all th picketeres and have my mcu come in and take them away"

Thats what I generally do. But you really only need one apc, and there is no reason to kill them really, that defeats the purpose of sending in the apc

Well cant you just take the main dude to the police station too, and then the people break apart?

I dont believe it will. I will try and get back to you guys on that...

[Edit] No it does not

I always send 2 army trucks with 6 guys each.

Truck A; Uses barricades to block one end of street where group is, 5 form a line with pistols drawn while one holds flashbang

Truck B; Uses barricades to block opposite end of street, all 6 line up.

(Now for the timing!)

I get each guy from truck 'B' to arrest one person - While they are running down the street I use the flashbang so that when they arrive all the protesters are dazed.

Since each truck can carry 5 (or is it 6?) civi's, you can easily clear the whole place in roughly 2 minutes.

I've been saving/loading my freeplay game forlike 4 reals days in a row, so far only 2 game days passed on normal speed. So far I only had one of these events; but I'll use this advice next time, so thanks... I guess

Guest pmadden94

I have been playing my freeplay map for a total of 344 minutes now. I have had this happen about 7 times. 5 of the times i was able to get it under control almost immediately. 1 time it took about five minutes. and the last time...lets just say 12 cops died, two firefighters, and i needed 2 mcus...and i had to call in 8 loaded firetrucks to control the blaze that started...but generally I have a cop on patrol arrive on the scene in about 30 seconds before it escalades.

Guest pmadden94
exactly, then they start running away and now you've a big fire on your hands, lol :machkaputt:

Yes. And reading through the scripts, I noticed that it is possible that rioters can wander a good distance from the initial location. Speed is key. MY advice: set a perimeter up quick. Have units come from all directions when they respond. Dont let anyone get away

[Edit]

Here is the line..

<MaxDistance value = "50.0" />

This is how far away the people will wander...and

<MaxAttractRadius value = "25.0" />

is how close someone has to be to get attracted and join

I normally send a SWAT team and arrest the main guy (the one with the sign) and then send the SWAT Team back to base. After the main person is off the map the other protesters normally just walk away.

I just tried that and it works it makes it so much easier.

All you need is one patrol car, quickly arrest the main man and take him off the map. :)

You can also try this:

1 Tec heli

1 police heli

1 sniper(on board of the police heli)

1 Tec dude(on board of his choper)

1 ambulance(with staf)

Fly to the rioters.

Land your sniper on the ground.

Shoot the "leader(s)".

use the Tec chopper to air lift the leader out.

Drop the leader(1street away from the rioters)

treat and remove him.

send units home(hospital)

done.

Guest pmadden94
Fly to the rioters.

Land your sniper on the ground.

Shoot the "leader(s)".

use the Tec chopper to air lift the leader out.

Drop the leader(1street away from the rioters)

treat and remove him.

send units home(hospital)

done.

that's actually not a bad idea...but as we said before, speed is key.

With me, I can get a patrol car on scene in about ten seconds. I use this technique (wont go into detail) where the patrol cars are evenly distributed throughout the city.

Generally, if you dont get on scene in under a minute, it will get out of control.

that's actually not a bad idea...but as we said before, speed is key.

With me, I can get a patrol car on scene in about ten seconds. I use this technique (wont go into detail) where the patrol cars are evenly distributed throughout the city.

Generally, if you dont get on scene in under a minute, it will get out of control.

That's why i use choppers.

i have one on stand by(police)with 2 snipers and some swat units in it.

the tec chopper is fast enough to call of map.

And ambulance are around somewhere(i have about 6/7 patrolling)

Same with police units, but i always seem to get these events after a lot of other police events.

so i started to try that out.

And it worked pretty well.

(one down side, the people that where around the leader will keep playing the animation off rioters).

They won't go berserk and start trowing Molotov's, the just stand there, playing the riot animation.

(another event(fire/ems/police) will clear that though).

The only thing I hate about the choppers, is that when you have snipers inside, you can't shoot from the chopper. :( At least, not that I know of.

Guest ff.emt.paulsen

Depending where the are protesting I send one unit in. The leader had the sign, if you arrest him a quickly get him into the cop car the other protesters leave and you dont have in one get hurt and it's faster.

Guest ff.emt.paulsen
I rarley ever need a few MCU, maybe one if things get ugly. Usually I set up a parameter and then flash bang them.

you know I never really thought of using a flashbang thats a great idea thanks!