Guest Fjolle89

Traffic caos

Guest Fjolle89

Hi everybody.

Today I just played L.A Mod 2.0. Suddently the traffic stops, and I found out that the traffic signals in a junction was turned red in all directions, so the cars didn't move. The junction is next to the hotel

How can I change that, so it can work again?

Best regards, Kent

I hope you understand me.

Happy christmas and a happy new year!

In this case traffic light on the 1 side is green

Or it is just timed perfectly when all of the lights were red... wonder if there is a deley between each light when it jumps to green. In that case it could be a sollution since the jams happen because of traffic that is crossing at the same time.

I don't think that green light has to do with the traffic jam at the red lights. There is something blocking the crossing at one of the traffic lights which causes that the keep being red. If you keep having this each time you start a new freeplay then you should try reinstalling the mod. I actually only have a traffic jam when a patrolcar gets stuck on the intersection with another car. traffic lights work fine for me.

so after some thought into this problem, it seems the lights at the intersection stay red when the cars coming from the new light get stuck in traffic. Seems to me the only way to fix this is to put in another stop light. I will try and put up an image of what i mean.

But it should work fine cause i never have any traffic jamsby the cause of traffic lights. Only rare aoccasions that 2 cars get stuck with each other but the map should work besides that. Maybe a bit of standard sollutions but check wether you have the latest patch for EM4 or 911:FR

This happens for me too, just that it's worse, it's about in the same area. One side is blocked because one car is trying to turn onto the main road but there is another car coming the other way, and neither would move. One the other side of the main road traffic is just stopped for no reason whatsoever. I had to drive all units going and coming on the sidewalks, that was not fun at all.

---> Eazyili: Where do I find the latest patches?

I as well have the latest patches.

Those aren't the EM4 patches you are talking about. Those are the patches for the LA MOD 1.9. If you installed V2.0 you already have these patches included and thus you do not need to install them.

Many traffic problems are caused by patrolling units blocking normal traffic. Try to keep an eye on your patrolling units to prevent this from disrupting the traffic flow.

That could be true, because I had like 3 patrol cars on the road, but they there blocked too... I solved the problem for now:

In the topic "Another Traffic Topic" (or problem, I don't remember), someone said to adjust the vehicle spawning is the freeplayperimeters file in the Specs folder for 2.0, and it worked; I still have minor backup, but it's better than before.

Also, I've noticed that a lot more traffic is created when the game is at night. Anyone else notice this?

So here is my diagram, AS you can see the truck at number one is blocking the car from turning at number 2. This is causing the light at number 3 to stop working. This is only a guess based on the fact every time I move the truck , the black caddy moves and the light turns green(hence the officers in the road). I have no cars patrolling, no cars blocking the box. I was wondering if a light at number 4 would solve the problem? maybe I am just going crazy.

post-4969-1262233885.jpg

Same thing with me, just that there's another car blocking #2 so that it cannot turn. I tried redirecting them, but neither would move. Also, it happens frequently, as it happened yesterday.