autobahn7.jpg

Extra manpower is always good for tackling fires

housefire1.jpg

Waiting for the ambulance to turn up before evacuating the house

autobahn2.jpg

Spilt gas discovered at a car crash scene

autobahn6.jpg

Medics move in the treat a victim

Nice one Hunter. It's just the kind of reviews I wanna read. The game looks good but I'm not going to buy it because I know nothing about German and this won't let me enjoy it. About the graphics. There are some 90's computer games that are still great and people play them although they have bad graphics. So this shouldn't be a reason not to buy the game.

Nice one Hunter. It's just the kind of reviews I wanna read. The game looks good but I'm not going to buy it because I know nothing about German and this won't let me enjoy it. About the graphics. There are some 90's computer games that are still great and people play them although they have bad graphics. So this shouldn't be a reason not to buy the game.

Thank you :)

Yea, the German kinda ruined it for me too. English and German may be related to some extent, but when it comes to fire fighting, that saying just goes right out the window :P

Although there are still classics out there, people will probably read "2010" and expect really good graphics and what not. Then when there isn't good graphics, they moan and forget some of the best games never had amazing graphics. Shame really.

I'm trying to get round the problem of of image capture. I can't PrtSc and alt+tab cause that crashes the game (and it acts like there was no image captured). The free version of Fraps to BMP and a certain resolution I think... But anyway, I think the pictures would look better if I can get PrtSc to work - might try windowed mode.

Yea, the German kinda ruined it for me too. English and German may be related to some extent, but when it comes to fire fighting, that saying just goes right out the window :P

Well yeah but before that you'll need to set up some things and you'll have to read German :P

Although there are still classics out there, people will probably read "2010" and expect really good graphics and what not. Then when there isn't good graphics, they moan and forget some of the best games never had amazing graphics. Shame really.

Agree on that

Guest Francis

Is it mod-able, many of these new german simulators, ie: Farming simulator, Demolition Company, etc, allow for modding, I could only hope this one would follow that trend! Downloading it right now.

What do you mean download? Torrents?

I believe you can download off the site. It's like 911 FR. You can digitally download it. Same with this.

Nope. Astragon doesn't have a digital service. Correct me if I'm wrong. The only digital service I can think of that sells Astragon products is sim market, but they don't have it.

Is it mod-able, many of these new german simulators, ie: Farming simulator, Demolition Company, etc, allow for modding, I could only hope this one would follow that trend! Downloading it right now.

Not really. Haven't found a fanbase yet. The majority of stuff is in .CGR format.

Played this today, there is no freeplay, just missions, so far it is only released in german, which makes figuring out what the game wants kinda difficult if you don't know german(it is very precise as mentioned earlier), it is third person with 11 missions, and after looking at the file system it seems mod-able. Reskins would be extremely easy (and needed). I had no luck locating the files that contain the mission info, so i don't know about self translation.

Overall:

5/5 Genre (duh?)

3/5 Graphics (could use some work)

2/5 Glitches/Gameplay (lots of bugs, player tends to get stuck etc.)

4.5/5 Realism (precise in steps taken to solve emergencies)

4/5 Mod-able (easy to locate, unlocked files, readily available software)

3.75/5 Total; good game, but seems like they released it a little too early, that or the "new guys" made it.

REMOVED TEXT IN REFERENCE TO ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES

Dumb idea bud.

*contemplates adding warning*

Edited by Newfoundking
Dumb idea by someone who didn't read the TOS

I'd totally buy it if there was an English translation. In games like these, you always need to know what it's telling you, as it can be very important. :s

It's pretty easily actually, and a lot of it is self explanatory :)

"parke den feurerwehnwagen" - Park the fire engine

"evakuiere das haus" - Evacuate the house

"Sirene" - Siren

"sichere das treibstoffleck" - secure the fuel leak

Simple :P