Guest ModMaker2009

Adding Equipment

Guest ModMaker2009

Hi guys,

I have tried adding cones and barricades to all vehicles on the game and I dont know what commad etc to add on the editor.

Please could someone tell me what things i need to add to the vehicles on the ediotr in order for me to get the barricades and cones in all vehicles Police Fire and Ambulance ones

Thanks

Also, there is a patrol car chevvy i belive the one with no alloys in the wheels, i have uninstalled and reinstalled the game but when i call it, it comes as a unmarked chevvy and doesnt have any commands. I only have the additonal units, la mod, siren mod, supervisor mod.

ALSO:

I would like to add a BC Batallion Chief to the other station is this possible?

Thanks

Guest ModMaker2009

Guys please help i really need this to be done. I need a in depth instructions on how to get say the EMS Supervisor to get barricades out the EMS Supervisor car to put around the patient to stop people walking near etc

I know they can send them away themself but i think it will be more realistic to put barricades there, also i would like every personell to be able to get a barricade out the vehicle they are in i really need this please help guys

Right click on 911: First Responders.exe (Should be your desktop icon you click on to play)

Next: Click on (In the dropdown menu) "Properties"

Next: Click on "Find Target"

Next: Click on the folder labeled "Mods"

Next: Obviously Click on "Los Angeles Mod v1.9"

Next: Click on the folder entitled "Scripts"

Next: Click on the folder Entitled "Game"

Next: Click on the folder entitled "Command"

Next: Click on the notepad/microsoft word document labeled "LaPoliceBarricade"

Then Edit the LaPoliceBarricade.script File with Notepad/Word As for the codes, im not entirely sure on how to do it and i dont want to type in something wrong and have you mess up and ruin your mod :P Im sure other people can help you and those people will post sooner or later, you just have to have patience.

-Chris

I tried to add a barricade to the technical van but i get a message from the game saying that there is a line is that he didn't expected. I don't remember it but when I play EM4 again I will write it down and add a new reply

Guest ModMaker2009

Im still waiting for someone to tell me how to add barricades to all Emergency Vehicles and for all Emergency personell able to place a barricade.. :nixweiss:

I tried to add a barricade to the technical van but i get a message from the game saying that there is a line is that he didn't expected. I don't remember it but when I play EM4 again I will write it down and add a new reply

and i'm back

i got the problems

foto's probleem

click the picture to zoom in

i get them multiple times

what did i wrong?

plz help my

and i'm back

i got the problems

foto's probleem

click the picture to zoom in

i get them multiple times

what did i wrong?

plz help my

Upload the barricade script. The photo's tell me you have a flaw in line 93, but without the actual script I can't see what causes the flaw ;)

@ modmaker: making sure all vehicles have baricades and all personel can use them is a ****load of work. You will have to enter every vehicle type seperatly in the baricade script. Look for this part of the get baricade script

Person p(Caller);
Vehicle v(Target);

if (v.IsDestroyed())
return false;

if(p.IsValid() && (p.IsLinkedWithPerson() || p.IsCarryingPerson() || p.IsEquipped() || p.IsPulling() || p.GetFirehoseID()!=0 || p.GetEnteredCarID() != -1))
return false;

Vehicle v(Target);
if ((v.HasCommand("FlyTo") || v.HasCommand("VcmdDeInstallRope")) && !v.IsOnGround())
return false;

if (v.IsValid() && !v.IsDestroyed() && StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/suv_lapd.e4p") == 0 ||
StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/hummerh2_lasd.e4p") == 0 ||
StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/rescue_truck01_lapd.e4p") == 0 ||
StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/rescue_truck02_lapd.e4p") == 0 ||
StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/swat_armoured_vehicle.e4p") == 0 ||
StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/swat_truck.e4p") == 0 ||
StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 US Army/hmmwv.e4p") == 0 ||
StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/05 US Army/us_army_truck.e4p") == 0)
return true;

and add a line like this one StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "[LOCATION OF VEHICLE PROTOTYPE") == 0 || between the line for the army hummer and the army truck.

add a line like this one StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "[LOCATION OF VEHICLE PROTOTYPE") == 0 || between the line for the army hummer and the army truck.

that is what i did.... i think i checked it twice

and i can't upload the script:

Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload this type of file

EDIT:

stupid me... :1046275767_ugly:

const char CMD_GETBARRICADE[] = "PcmdBarricadeGet";
const char CMD_REMOVEBARRICADE[] = "PcmdBarricadeRemove";
const char CMD_PLACEBARRICADE[] = "PcmdBarricadePlace";
const char CMD_GETCONE[] = "PcmdTrafficConeGet";
const char CMD_ROTATECW[] = "VcmdRotateBarricadeClockwise";
const char CMD_ROTATECCW[] = "VcmdRotateBarricadeCounterClockwise";
const char CMD_DOORS[] = "OpenCloseDoor";
const char OBJ_BARRICADEGROUND[] = "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/06 Objects/police_barricade.e4p";
const char NAME_BARRICADE[] = "Barricade";
const char OBJ_BARRICADE[] = "01 LA Equipment/police_barricade.V3O";
const char DUMMY_BARRICADE[] = "DummyPoliceBarricade";
const char NAME_HALT[] = "pHalt";
const char OBJ_HALT[] = "mod:Prototypes/Objects/01 LA Equipment/invisible.e4p";
int DummyGroup = 17;

object PcmdBarricadeGet : CommandScript
{

PcmdBarricadeGet()
{
SetIcon("policebarricade");
SetCursor("policebarricade");
SetPriority(180);
SetValidTargets(ACTOR_VEHICLE | ACTOR_OBJECT);
SetGroupID(CGROUP_GETEQUIPMENT);
SetRestrictions(RESTRICT_NOTDESTROYED | RESTRICT_NOTBURNING | RESTRICT_HASROADBLOCK);
SetPossibleCallers(ACTOR_PERSON);
SetNeedsCarWithFlagSet(OF_HAS_ROADBLOCK);
}

/*bool CheckPossible(GameObject *Caller)
{
if(!Caller->IsValid() || Caller->GetType() != ACTOR_PERSON)
return false;

Person p(Caller);
if (p.IsCarryingPerson()||p.IsLinkedWithPerson()|| p.GetFirehoseID()!=0 || p.IsPulling())
return false;
if (p.IsCurrentAction("EActionTreatPerson"))
return false;
if (!Game::ExistsNormalObjectWithFlagSet(OF_HAS_ROADBLOCK))
return false;
return true;
}*/

bool CheckTarget(GameObject *Caller, Actor *Target, int childID)
{
if(!Caller->IsValid() || !Target || !Target->IsValid() || Target->GetType()!=ACTOR_VEHICLE)
return false;

if(Caller->GetObjectType()==TYPE_PERSON)
{
Person p(Caller);
Vehicle v(Target);

if (v.IsDestroyed())
return false;

if(p.IsValid() && (p.IsLinkedWithPerson() || p.IsCarryingPerson() || p.IsEquipped() || p.IsPulling() || p.GetFirehoseID()!=0 || p.GetEnteredCarID() != -1))
return false;

Vehicle v(Target);
if ((v.HasCommand("FlyTo") || v.HasCommand("VcmdDeInstallRope")) && !v.IsOnGround())
return false;

if (v.IsValid() && !v.IsDestroyed() && StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/suv_lapd.e4p") == 0 ||
StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/hummerh2_lasd.e4p") == 0 ||
StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/rescue_truck01_lapd.e4p") == 0 ||
StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/rescue_truck02_lapd.e4p") == 0 ||
StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/swat_armoured_vehicle.e4p") == 0 ||
StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/swat_truck.e4p") == 0 ||
StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 US Army/hmmwv.e4p") == 0 ||
StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/05 US Army/us_army_truck.e4p") == 0) ||
StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/04 LA Tec/engineer_vehicle.e4p") == 0)
return true;

return false;
}
}

void PushActions(GameObject *Caller, Actor *Target, int childID)
{
Vector TargetPos = Target->GetTargetPoint(Caller, TARGET_EQUIPMENTDOOR);

Caller->PushActionMove(ACTION_NEWLIST, TargetPos);
Caller->PushActionTurnTo(ACTION_APPEND, Target);
Caller->PushActionGetEquipment(ACTION_APPEND, Target, EQUIP_NONE);
Caller->PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND, DUMMY_BARRICADE, Target, 1, false);
}
};

StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/05 US Army/us_army_truck.e4p") == 0) ||

Remove the ) after '== 0'.

Result:

StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/05 US Army/us_army_truck.e4p") == 0 ||

Can someone tell me how to add the barricade to all vehicles and make all emergency personell to place the barricade?!

I did about an hour ago...

@ modmaker: making sure all vehicles have baricades and all personel can use them is a ****load of work. You will have to enter every vehicle type seperatly in the baricade script. Look for this part of the get baricade script

CODE

Person p(Caller);

Vehicle v(Target);

if (v.IsDestroyed())

return false;

return false;

Vehicle v(Target);

return false;

StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/05 US Army/us_army_truck.e4p") == 0)

return true;

and add a line like this one StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "[LOCATION OF VEHICLE PROTOTYPE") == 0 || between the line for the army hummer and the army truck.

Can someone tell me how to add the barricade to all vehicles and make all emergency personell to place the barricade?!

are you reading the topic?!

I try! but it doesn't work

or if someone else has the solution.... they will say it!

so

You need to have paitence. trust me when i say that someone will come here, read the topic and answer your question.

:1046276160_schildbacktotopic:

EDIT: it works!!!

but how can we get all the persons get a fence?