Fuzzyface

RL Jobs

Not sure if there is already a thread on this, but I thought it would be interesting to see what people actually get up to outside of this forum.

I'll happily start;

I work for Thames Water in London as a 'Trunk Sewers Inspector'.

Basically, I don safety gear, and walk through London's sewers with a handheld camera checking for things like missing mortar, bricks, cracks etc.

Feel free to continue.. :)

Student, no job :(

Volunteer work as a professional pain in the ass and nuisance.

Started amatuer work as a Domestic worker/maid/servent, but people keep telling me to go away :( lol

I work for Thames Water in London as a 'Trunk Sewers Inspector'.

Basically, I don safety gear, and walk through London's sewers with a handheld camera checking for things like missing mortar, bricks, cracks etc.

Is it scary? What's the worst thing that's ever happened while on the job?

Is it scary? What's the worst thing that's ever happened while on the job?

It's not scary, I actually find it really enjoyable.

And a whole mixture of things, I would say the worse thing is when it starts raining. As soon as you hear a surge of water, you got about 30 seconds to get out if you want to live haha.

Apart from that, one of the guys I work with once found a live hand grenade down there haha

(Just in case I am not believed, the interview is here

Just follow the questions to the left hand side for Rob Smith)

Apart from that, one of the guys I work with once found a live hand grenade down there haha
The most unusual thing found in the sewer system was a hand grenade. Half a Mini once turned up at Beckton Sewage Treatment Works as well.

...what :lach: Half a mini and a grenade.

Quick question: Are the drain covers heavy? (Like the one in picture 11)

Student/ Police Cadet/ Part of Volinteer cave rescue team.

I like the sound of cave rescue.

Funnily enough, as much as I don't mind a confined space, caves scare the crap out of me haha.

@hunter

You never know, it might be that because of the grenade there was only half a mini :P

And the drain covers can vary, we namely have 3 types of covers, 2 of which are easy and can be moved with one hand, whereas some require 2 men and a bit of sweat.

The most annoying part is when local councils re-tarmac roads, they just go straight over the manhole covers, and so we have to break all the tarmac around them to lift them back out :mad22:

[Edit - To be more specific, the one in picture 11 is difficult to get out as the two parts don't FULLY seperate. It's not fun holding a bit of weight as you swing it to the side with your face looking down a 2-20 foot shaft sometimes haha]

The thing that makes me mad is when some preson goes into a small confined space, and gets lost because as a result we have to go in and we all end up with a crushed body, Im refering to parts like the ones below, Those are in a cave that is in my section.

cave2.jpg

The one way in

P6190661.thumb.jpg

Well I am a student too :D (woow What a Suprise xD)

next year I am going to join the dutch army :ph34r: as a ICT guy xD well you have to take care of the internet, telephone lines, satelite comunications and radio comunications... or I am going to be a Geny it means you will set up the base structures like houses for the slodiers you clearup miines and stuf :D So If somebody of this forum is ever going to be in the army...

See ya in Afgahinstan (dont know how t spel it xD)