Guest Kaatt

New Patch Map Won't Install Properly

I still seem to be having an issue with the NEW map (patch 3).

I installed the patch sucessfully and when I went to the game play, the new streetlights weren't there as per Hoppah's post about their addition.

I have completely removed EM4 and re-installed everything but I still get the old map.

Anyone else have this or an idea to fix this problem?

You should have done something wrong, but especially for you I uploaded the map file in a .rar package.

1. Download

2. Extract the package.

3. Move freeplay.e4m to the following location

...\Emergency 4\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.9\Maps\

4. Overwrite the older file.

5. Done!

Note: The file in rar package is the exact same file that gets installed with patch 3, so its useless to download this one if you already installed patch 3 for the Los Angeles Mod successfully before.

There is nothing else I can do.

Good luck,

Hoppah

It didn't work...the file modification changed to a different date, but the map remains unchanged.

Is there a way to completely erase EM4 so I can do a clean install? Maybe that'll work.

It didn't work...the file modification changed to a different date, but the map remains unchanged.

Is there a way to completely erase EM4 so I can do a clean install? Maybe that'll work.

What changes do you actually expect to that map? Are we actually talking about the same map???

It seems like you are the one who is getting confused.

I am talking about the same map that's been in 1.9. The version the added street lights...I ger no new street lights

Patch 3 fixes the following bugs:

- Fixed issue with the chase command

- Fixed missing LA Mod missions from the mission list

- Fixed issue with the command for rapid undeployment

- Added traffic lights to four intersections on the new map

- Both fire stations spawn with full staffing now

1. The difference between a streetlight and a trafficlight. In case French is your native language I also included the French translations of the lights.

This is a steetlight (lampadaire):

streetLight.jpg

This is a trafficlight (feu de signalisation):

Control%20the%20Traffic%20Light.jpg

2. Do you know to which intersections trafficlights have been added in patch 3?

Check out altoproxima's post here: http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.ph...st&p=114423

We're talking about traffic lights 17, 18, 19 and 20 (each number represents an intersection) on the new map.

I even checked the map for you and they are there.