Guest someguy21

Box alarms for BC

Guest someguy21

Various box alarms would be cool. Still alarms for fire, hazmat box, structer fire box 1,2,3 and EMS box. If those commands could be added to the bat chief to get an auto response the scene. Just an idea, i know i have seen it out there.

A box alarm, at least in my area, defines the jurisdiction of the fire, the classification of what's burning (commercial, residential), what stations/departments are responding to the scene, what stations are on standby and where they standby at, and the severity of the fire. This is used so dispatch doesn't have to describe everything to teh responding stations.

A sample dispatch might be:

"Station 11, station 1, medic 1 ALS response, box 0141 (014 being the area and 1 denoting that it's a residential fire) respond to *address* for activated fire alarm *time* *repeat*"

I don't know if this what you were reffering to, but ths is what is meant by box alarms in my area.

Guest someguy21

Well first off I ment to put this as a post in hoppah idea topic, but i messed that up. Second, I ment to say i have heard of the idea, i have not seen it. Swatlod, thats how things work at my dept too (although our dispatchers like to chat a little more) . However being a game, I was just thinking that a generalized still/box alarm would be cool. Just the responce to the scene and the ability to upgrade it to a 2-11 or 3-11 to automatically bring the units. You guys will have to forgive me, as i am clueless to modding.

A box alarm, at least in my area, defines the jurisdiction of the fire, the classification of what's burning (commercial, residential), what stations/departments are responding to the scene, what stations are on standby and where they standby at, and the severity of the fire. This is used so dispatch doesn't have to describe everything to teh responding stations.

A sample dispatch might be:

"Station 11, station 1, medic 1 ALS response, box 0141 (014 being the area and 1 denoting that it's a residential fire) respond to *address* for activated fire alarm *time* *repeat*"

I don't know if this what you were reffering to, but ths is what is meant by box alarms in my area.

yeah that sounds really good, hope it happens, i will vote for this one.

Just having more units on a call script would be better, instead of calling them out 1by1 you could call out, for example "BLS Engine, Tower Light Force, USAR, and BLS Medic" on one button, and "ALS Engine, Tiller, HES, ALS Medic" on another. That would save alot of time, and be more realistic. But keep the script how it is so you can send them where you want on the map still. And thats only 2 more buttons so you could keep the ones that are already there so you can still call units out 1by1 for additional units/other calls. If thats possible that would make the game so much better than it already is.

If you hold the CTRL button and click on units you can select more then one at a time.

i know that already but its easier to call them out with the BC because then you don't have to keep staffing them yourself bc alot of times there is no time to staff all the apparatus, and when the chief or supervisor calls them out they staff automatically.

Guest someguy21
i know that already but its easier to call them out with the BC because then you don't have to keep staffing them yourself bc alot of times there is no time to staff all the apparatus, and when the chief or supervisor calls them out they staff automatically.

Exactly. Again, I know nothing about scripting/modding. So if anyone knows how this could be done, or could point me in the right direction that would be great. I have the time to attempt it, however little modding knowlage. I messed around with the EM4 modding program, and i could make the command button, but i do not know how to script it to actually call the units and also where would i add the radio traffic. I know it can be done, cause when Hoppah added the light force command you also automatically get a bls Engine. So i guess a scripting 101 class is in order for me.

if i knew how to script i'd do it. but i only know how to model and skin, i know very little when it comes to scripting, i can make minor changes but this would need a whole new script and i don't think i can work that out. but if one of the amazing scripters on here would do it that'd be a great addiction to the game and it'd add a little more realism.

LAFD has several alarm levels.

Still Alarms

First Alarm Assignment

Category A

3 Engines

1 Light Force

1 Battalion Chief

1 Paramedic Rescue

1 800 Series Rescue - If available in First In District

1 Squad

Category B

3 Engines

2 Light Forces

1 Battalion Chief

1 Paramedic Rescue

1 800 Series Rescue - If available in First In District

1 Squad

Category C

3 Engines

1 Truck

Automatic Alarms

1 Engine OR

1 Light Force

EMS Incident Assignments

BLS Emergency

Closest BLS Resource

ALS Emergency

Closest ALS Resource

ALS High Risk

Closest ALS Resource

Greater Alarms

Any incident which includes more than 4 companies and less than 16 companies

Division Chief Responds as well as 2nd Battalion Chief

Major Emergencies

Any incident which includes 15 companies

I think that it would be a huge help to have something like that in game, and most depts. across the united states have second and third alarms(and more) i come from out in the sticks in the northeast and most of the depts around here have second alarms atleast (if they know how to use them is another matter). If the BC or first units one scene can call for more units it might solve problems that happen in areas of the map.