CaptainNegatory

Creation Of A Sub-New Mod (Help Wanted and Needed!)

Hello Everyone,

First I'd like to say, that I'm not sure if this post qualifies to be here, or is allowed, if not I'm asking the mods to delete it. I'm trying to create almost a Mod from scratch for the city I live in (Las Vegas) as I thought, everyone loves Vegas, this would be a great Mod. I've been playing around in the editor just placing buildings and designing citys and parks and such. Thanks to Hoppah theres lots of additional stuff in the editor that I know I can make good use of. However, I still have several questions about putting together a mod as I was planning to do it in the following steps.

1)Create City With Default Buildings

2)Tweak the city with Custom Buildings And Objects

3)Place Units-Also Custom For Our City

4)Add-In Fires, Emergencys, and anything else I left out.

Q: Does anybody have any suggestions about how I'm doing that?

As much custom work I'm trying to do, I need to create custom vehicles and give them custom textures. Yes, I do have Photoshop. Thinking back to the custom units, Photoreal I don't think works on such small objects so I will need to hand paint alot of the textures I will be making. This is everything from building textures to vehicles, weapons, tools, and so forth.

Q: Does anybody (With Good Experience) want to volunteer with me and offer their assistance, as I'm brand new to making a mod and scripting, let alone the editing system for Emergency 4?

Now, if I'm going to be making custom buildings and things for the Mod, I know I'm going to use Photoshop to create textures then I have to apply them to an object and convert it to a valid game file. There is a bunch of questions running around in my head right now so I figured I'd list them out and if anybody could answer/help me with any of them I would appreciate it, Here Goes:

1)What program/how do I build Custom Objects and Vehicles?

2)How do I apply textures to said Buildings/Vehicles?

3)How do I convert these files and such so that they appear in the game's editor?

4)Obviously, engines and things are going to need objects in them, Pump connections, etc. (Which Are All In The Editor) and are obviously going to need to be available on the engine, so they will need to be linked on to the objects. Is that done in the editor or via scripting?

5)Spawn Points, Vehicle Boundaries, Fires, What The Fires Look Like, How They Spread, When They Spawn, Where They spawn, is that all done in the editor or somewhere in scripting?

6)What EXACTLY is done in the editor?

7)What EXACTLY is done in the scripting section?

So, my goal would be to use a sub-custom map, and tweak it to my specifications and then put in Vehicles and such. My goal is to release this Mod within the next 6-8 months depending on how much help I get, what I can learn, and using the 8 hours of spare time I have available daily, how much me, and my "to-be" team are willing to put in. If you have any questions/comments/suggestions feel free to Private Message me or reply via the post, and I'll do my best to answer. Thanks everyone for all of your help!

Much Appreciation,

:schreiben: CaptainNegatory :schreiben:

Post moved to submods section.

Try taking a look in the FAQ section and the tutorials in the Modding and Mod help section. They should help you get started.

[EDIT] I deleted your thread about this in the modding and mod help section. Stick to one thread please [/EDIT]

First off theres no need for two threads. Secondly, most of this can be covered with searching but I will gice you a quick run down of your questions:

1)What program/how do I build Custom Objects and Vehicles? - Zmodeler - Photoshop to make texcture.

2)How do I apply textures to said Buildings/Vehicles? See 1

3)How do I convert these files and such so that they appear in the game's editor? See 1

4)Obviously, engines and things are going to need objects in them, Pump connections, etc. (Which Are All In The Editor) and are obviously going to need to be available on the engine, so they will need to be linked on to the objects. Is that done in the editor or via scripting? - Both

5)Spawn Points, Vehicle Boundaries, Fires, What The Fires Look Like, How They Spread, When They Spawn, Where They spawn, is that all done in the editor or somewhere in scripting? - Scripting

6)What EXACTLY is done in the editor? Placing building on a map texture. Placing virtual objects linked to scripts. Placing events, etc.

7)What EXACTLY is done in the scripting section? Every single command relies on a script written in C++ which is something you learn in a night.

Now as for a team, good luck, but theres tons of people out there right now trying to create a mod that, no offense, like you have no idea what there doing. First you need to learn all these things or atleast some of them, if you want to have any chance at creating a mod. The people who do know how to do these things are already busy with project(s) so sorry to say but your on your own. You can always post on the forums and we can help you to an extent bu in the end you gotta learn to do things on your own(not saying you dont, just we see this all the time, some one starts a mod, realized how hard it is, and it dies off in no time).