Guest Teh Hoff

Large Ambulance Modifications

Guest Teh Hoff

Yeah i know, "Not Another Lg Rescue Ambulance thread PLEASE!", but please follow.

I love this added unit in the LA Mod. I am not 100% familiar with how this unit is actually used in LA, but out here on the east coast, the deparment I am with (and ALL the others in the surrounding states) have really moved from the small van chassis (like the standard LA Mod Ambulances) to the Large chassis, i.e. International/Freightliner/Kodiak. Most departments are doing this because it widens the operational capabilities of the unit, and allows for more fire equipment on the rig. Example: The front line ambulance carries a RIT bag, SCBA, and basic fire gear so that they can back up the first engine in case that crew makes a mayday call.

Ok, so to get back on topic: My opinion is that it would be appropriate to have the Large Rescue Amb. in station, and equipped with SCBA, Axe, Fire Extinguishers, and possibly even the rescue tool (as many depts are doing this now).

So heres the main questions:

-Will the 3rd spot at Station 1 need to be removed, so that the other 2 can be moved.

-If so, will any additional scripts need modified to adjust for the change?

-I can not for the life of me find the code that keeps the Big ambo from returning to the station.

Anyone who wants to or is currently working on this willing to provide some support? I intend to, if successful, request sub mod approval once complete. I like the whole BLS/ALS contast in the LA Mod, but if anyone has some suggestions on how to tackle the size problems, let me know. Thanks!

(P.S. I am not a new member... My old account was deleted last week. I was just a lurker and never logged in or posted- sorry :tongue2: )

A question like this may have been answered before, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, there are a few things you can and can't do:

You can (by going into the editor) add equipment to it.

You cannot put it into a station though, because of it's size it would be impossible to. If you can, it would require a lot of scripting and you would need a good bit of scripting experience.

A question like this may have been answered before, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, there are a few things you can and can't do:

You can (by going into the editor) add equipment to it.

You cannot put it into a station though, because of it's size it would be impossible to. If you can, it would require a lot of scripting and you would need a good bit of scripting experience.

You couldn't put it in the regular ambulance space. You could try putting it in the heavy rescue's space, you could probably fit two in there.

Guest Teh Hoff
I like the idea, but could you put up a photo or which one you were thinking of?

Its the Large Rescue Ambulance that is included in the Additional Units Mod by Hoppah and company.

I think I am actually going to do some movement of units alot like Shane Greene, however I feel that setup is closer to realism in all aspects except for the number of units on the map... SO, I think I will do the following (all based entirely on realistic assignments):

Station 1:

Engine 1: will become Engine-Rescue 1. One Paramedic and One Captain (Like the SGMod)

Engine 2: Same (Perhaps with a Captain)

Truck 1: No Change

USAR: Heavy Ambulance will take place of this unit, and will have Fire Equipment (similar to the LEV)

EMS: Still will have 2 ALS Ambulances (This would be considered the 2nd and 3rd line ambulances, and if you were going all out on realism, the deployment of the 3rd line would take an engine out of service because of budgeting... thats how we do it)

Station 2:

Battalion Chief 1: Moved to the BLS Ambulance spot. (Battalion Chiefs are usually placed in a Station Bay at all the departments I have worked/seen. Mabey LA is different, but this spot seems practical) (EMS 1 may be located at the old B Cheif spot at station 1)

Engine 1-2: Same, probably will have to be an Engine Rescue due to the changes above, unless I introduce a new unit like in the SGMod)

Hazmat: Will be replaced by USAR or LEV.

Other possiblities puts the Heavy Ambulance where the BLS Ambulance Sits, or where the Hazmat Unit Sits.

Off Topic: I feel that the SG Mod does some really cool things, and I want to follow that format, but In reality, specialty units are very spread out and you would never see that concentration of units. Im not knocking the SG mod, because it can be useful, but there it is.

Its the Large Rescue Ambulance that is included in the Additional Units Mod by Hoppah and company.

I think I am actually going to do some movement of units alot like Shane Greene, however I feel that setup is closer to realism in all aspects except for the number of units on the map... SO, I think I will do the following (all based entirely on realistic assignments):

Station 1:

Engine 1: will become Engine-Rescue 1. One Paramedic and One Captain (Like the SGMod)

Engine 2: Same (Perhaps with a Captain)

Truck 1: No Change

USAR: Heavy Ambulance will take place of this unit, and will have Fire Equipment (similar to the LEV)

EMS: Still will have 2 ALS Ambulances (This would be considered the 2nd and 3rd line ambulances, and if you were going all out on realism, the deployment of the 3rd line would take an engine out of service because of budgeting... thats how we do it)

Station 2:

Battalion Chief 1: Moved to the BLS Ambulance spot. (Battalion Chiefs are usually placed in a Station Bay at all the departments I have worked/seen. Mabey LA is different, but this spot seems practical) (EMS 1 may be located at the old B Cheif spot at station 1)

Engine 1-2: Same, probably will have to be an Engine Rescue due to the changes above, unless I introduce a new unit like in the SGMod)

Hazmat: Will be replaced by USAR or LEV.

Other possiblities puts the Heavy Ambulance where the BLS Ambulance Sits, or where the Hazmat Unit Sits.

Off Topic: I feel that the SG Mod does some really cool things, and I want to follow that format, but In reality, specialty units are very spread out and you would never see that concentration of units. Im not knocking the SG mod, because it can be useful, but there it is.

Might I suggest that instead of the USAR or LEV what about the HES for a paramedic quick response vehicle with the rescue equpiment.

So heres the main questions:

-Will the 3rd spot at Station 1 need to be removed, so that the other 2 can be moved.

-If so, will any additional scripts need modified to adjust for the change?

-I can not for the life of me find the code that keeps the Big ambo from returning to the station.

1) Yes it will and the virtual objects(VOs) will need to be resized as well.

2) Yes 4 scripts have to be changed. LAFirestation,LAFirestationstart,LAtofirestation, and LABatlaionChief.

3) Latofirestation.script.

For the sake of realism in LA, the mod is set up perfectly or as perfect as you can get. The layout of the stations was chosen to represent the 2 most common types of stations in LA. So if you want LA Realisim, your good to go. Furthermore LA does not have a large rescue ambulance nor does LACountyFD(LACoFD). The unit is one of the very few fictional units in the mod. The rest were done out of necessity for functions with in the game, like the Mass Causality Unit.

As you may already know, the SCBA gear in the game is simply there for looks, and rarley do you have to chop down a door, so the only thing you mentioned that becomes of real use is having a set of Jaws on the Large RA, but I love the ideas none the less.

Guest Teh Hoff

If I produce something of any value than yes, I will ask the guys for permission to release it.

As far as the other feedback, thanks. Like I said before, not being from the LA area and never making it that far west, I don't know the EMS setup all that well (EMS is kind of hard to research, because most people don't give a crap... Fire Service always steals the glory... lol). So, that being said, I accept your comment on the realism, as it is currently as close to realism as we will get.

My goals really arent to add any realism, but rather to implement some nice changes to the mod but keep them realistic. Essentially what I am saying is the SG Mod, only scaled back for realism, and implement the Large Rescue Ambulance because everyone seems to love it. If nothing else I want to reshuffle the units to keep the same coverage but axe the HAZMAT squad because it rarely turns wheels when I play. (New map has 1 Hazmat incident, correct?).

This thread looks like its heading for a swift move to the SUBMOD fourm. woops. (all this just for a big manly ambulance)

(And a bit more off-topic rambling): Those of you who have spent a fair chunk of time on the Ambo should really share the appreciation that I have for those big Medium-Duty/Type-I chassis! I feel bad for our poor little dudes having to haul patients around in those vans!.

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?showtopic=2643

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?showtopic=7398

Those might help you learn more about LA if you havent seen them. Mikesphotos has been busy as of late but he always gives Hoppah insight on how to keep things realistic but even then some things have to be sacrificed or altered for games sake or for some stupid reason(stupid reason example, might not be true, but he may have put an LAPD station in rather then LASD as LAPD are the glory boys that get the national attention usually, not LASD, so people would whine and cry for an LAPD station)

Good luck on your project and if you need help post in the forums, and I will try to help. ;)

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?showtopic=2643

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?showtopic=7398

Those might help you learn more about LA if you havent seen them. Mikesphotos has been busy as of late but he always gives Hoppah insight on how to keep things realistic but even then some things have to be sacrificed or altered for games sake or for some stupid reason(stupid reason example, might not be true, but he may have put an LAPD station in rather then LASD as LAPD are the glory boys that get the national attention usually, not LASD, so people would whine and cry for an LAPD station)

Good luck on your project and if you need help post in the forums, and I will try to help. ;)

I agree with you,

Here in austin we use the Big Box trucks. I like them for visibility and the space that it provides. We have alot accidents on our freeways, and some units carry rescue equipment. Take a look at the pics below

http://l.yimg.com/g/images/spaceball.gif

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2666/395739...27feb42c8_b.jpg

http://www.x635photos.com/albums/userpics/...l_AusSupAmb.jpg

http://www.x635photos.com/albums/userpics/normal_2008WCA.jpg

http://www.x635photos.com/albums/userpics/...l_ATCEMS807.jpg

http://www.x635photos.com/albums/userpics/...AustinSWUMC.jpg

http://www.x635photos.com/albums/userpics/ATCEMS1.jpg

Those are some nice ambulances there whonneb.

By all means, this is a very nice idea you got there Teh Hoff. If I say so myself, I love the LRA. I've even added it behind FS1. I wish you luck and hope that this idea becomes a stunning submod. :)

Well,

You said you haven't been far out west so let me give you some insight. Here in Las Vegas, Nevada (Close to Los Angeles) we have four operating Fire Departments and two privately owned paramedic services, and due to them constantly patrolling around, the Fire Department doesn't transport patients. The four Fire Departments we have are:

1)Clark County Fire Department

2)North Las Vegas Fire Department

3)Las Vegas Fire Department

4)Henderson Fire Department

All being so close together, they all have basically the same SOP's. We have basically Large and Small Stations, excluding the HAZMAT and Heavy Rescue's station.

In A Large Station:

2x-Engine-Rescue Photo: http://www.massfiretrucks.com/Clark_County_Engine_11.jpg

1x-Ladder Truck Photo: http://www.massfiretrucks.com/Ladder

2x-Rescue Photo: http://www.massfiretrucks.com/Clark_County...y_Rescue_21.jpg

1x-Batallion

Smaller Station:

2x-Rescue

1x-Engine-Rescue

Some stations the above (^^) is reversed.

Optional:

Heavy Rescue Photo: http://www.fire-police-ems.com/misc/cfc360.jpg

HAZMAT Photo: http://www.massfiretrucks.com/Clark_County_HazMat_24.jpg

We have it setup that anyone on a Rescue is also equipped with a RIT bag, and our engines carry most Rescue gear, and they all carry a Combi-Tool. What I'd like answered is why so many users send the Heavy Rescue to an MVA? I'm not sure if it's just here in Las Vegas, but the Heavy Rescue doesn't go out all that often.

Typical MVA:

2x-PD

1x-Engine-Rescue

1x-Rescue (Unless Otherwise Requested)

Private Ambulance To Transport Patients (Depending On How Many Needed)

Come to think of it, a Las Vegas mod would be interesting seeing as how many departments are and how things are run here. Has anybody considered making one? If interested, send me a private message and we will see what we can do. Good Luck with your mod, hope the info helped.

Much Luck,

Captain Negatory

^I always find things like this interesting, but in all fairness Vegas isnt LA.

What kind of Hazmat truck is that?

What I'd like answered is why so many users send the Heavy Rescue to an MVA?

Well the Heavy Rescue is called USAR in LA, but none the less, in response to your question..the answer is simple.They have extrication tools. By default its the only vehicle on the map by default, aside from MAYBE the BLS Engines, that have extrication tools. This is how it is in LA. If extrication tools are required a USAR has to be sent, or in the county a HES(Heavy Equipment Squad).

Guest Teh Hoff
Well,

You said you haven't been far out west so let me give you some insight. Here in Las Vegas, Nevada (Close to Los Angeles) we have four operating Fire Departments and two privately owned paramedic services, and due to them constantly patrolling around, the Fire Department doesn't transport patients. The four Fire Departments we have are:

1)Clark County Fire Department

2)North Las Vegas Fire Department

3)Las Vegas Fire Department

4)Henderson Fire Department

[...]

Much Luck,

Captain Negatory

Interesting.... So what exactly does the Rescue do? Is it capable of transporting patients? As far as dispatching the heavy rescue, I feel the same way. Where I am in MD the MVA gets an Engine, Squad (Rescue Unit), and Ambulance, but in most jurisdictions around here are starting to move towards an engine-rescue/ambulance response on MVA's, and then if the incident requires, an additional squad is dispatched. We don't have a separate division between light and heavy rescues, but there is one heavy and we just ordered a heavy to replace our main rescue unit.... Now of course the really cool movement today is towards the Qunit-Rescues... they can do it all ;)

As far as progress... I am slowing working on it. I use a mac right now so i have to pop in and out of windows which is tedious. Only use windows for 3D, GIS, and La Mod!

Dont know how to maintain a windows os eh?

As for quint-rescues, well that depends. It up to the department as to what equipment is on board. Every ladder in the cit here is a quint so to speak, but if its stored with an engine, then it is used as a dedicated ladder. If its stored by itself then it functions as a quint.

Guest Teh Hoff
Dont know how to maintain a windows os eh?

Ive always used windows until last year, but currently I have OSX and Windows on my Mac. What's annoying is that I have to reboot into windows to do stuff with EM4, and then back to OSX if I have to work on stuff.