DamageInc251

LAPD Tactial Medic

I believe I still have the files for the ambulance on my comp somewhere, I'll have to look for them and see if I can get the together and see if someone making an Additional units submod wants to release them or anything, or I'll release them in here.

Cool, I like the idea of a tactical medic.

Please look at the dates before you post like this. The last post was June 2011, and the one before that was myself in March 2011. Considering the creator last commented at the same time, I'm going to guess that this topic is dead. Please take note of what others have been told, and stop reviving topics that have been dead that long. It spams the boards for nobody's gain. We appreciate you liking what others have done, but if they're not discussing it anymore, it isn't worth bringing up again for everyone to see.

Thanks

There's no such thing as a SWAT medic ambulance. SWAT Medics do normal police duties too, they're just trained in a higher up than basic first aid type of thing.

this link here should be good, and my friend use to be a SWAT medic for a large county near me.

http://www.emsrespon...ga...Ops/1$4359

To shed some light on the tactical medic comments:

There are a few different kinds of tactical medic.

There are doctors who respond out with SWAT Teams such as in Dallas.

There are fire department, ems service or private ambulance EMTs or Paramedics that are trained to work with SWAT Teams in a tactical sense, the majority being the sit outside and wait, although in some sort of tactical gear.

There are the same but trained to operate as a tactical operator and a member of the stack with a firearm and actually go in.

And finally there a police officers trained as a paramedic who take on the swat medic role for their team going in with the stack, armed of course.

So a SWAT medic may or may not preform "police duties" and may or not not be armed or even allowed inside until an area is deemed clear.

Yes the SWAT Medic Ambulance isn't very realistic but it's fictional, I get that. In real life most of the time a FD/EMS or Private ambulance will be called to the scene to stage and transport the injured seperate from the tactical medics who will be responding in whatever vehicle is assigned for that role, SUV, chase car, whatever. The gear for the tactical medics may be stored in an SUV, on one of the swat vehicles (which can very well include repainted/ refurbed ambulances or bearcats or both)

This coming from a real-life paramedic who has recieved tactical EMS (aka SWAT Medic) training and exposure. :)

I have noticed that some reskin models have recently been allowed to be released, case in point being the boston reskins. With this new change in policy, would you maybe be interested in releasing this model so we can use it in game?

Also I've seen tactical ambulances in Canada. In Toronto, Toronto EMS has a fleet of Ambulances dedicated to special operations, such as Tactical Support, CBRN support and Critical Care transfers. The Tactical and CBRN trucks do normal call responses, but they also handle special calls. These ambulances look similar to the normal road ambulances, except they are wider, slightly longer and say "Tacticalmedics" or "CBRNmedics" as opposed to "Paramedics" on the side of the trucks.

FDNY also has "HAZTAC" ambulances. They're still normal paramedic ambulances with a some specialty paramedics with hazmat and rescue training and a little more equipment. To my knowledge they don't do much with SWAT besides sit outside and wait around though. NYPD ESU has officers trained as paramedics, I believe Toronto PD does too since they have a pretty big police force.

To shed some light on the tactical medic comments:

There are a few different kinds of tactical medic.

There are doctors who respond out with SWAT Teams such as in Dallas.

There are fire department, ems service or private ambulance EMTs or Paramedics that are trained to work with SWAT Teams in a tactical sense, the majority being the sit outside and wait, although in some sort of tactical gear.

There are the same but trained to operate as a tactical operator and a member of the stack with a firearm and actually go in.

And finally there a police officers trained as a paramedic who take on the swat medic role for their team going in with the stack, armed of course.

So a SWAT medic may or may not preform "police duties" and may or not not be armed or even allowed inside until an area is deemed clear.

Yes the SWAT Medic Ambulance isn't very realistic but it's fictional, I get that. In real life most of the time a FD/EMS or Private ambulance will be called to the scene to stage and transport the injured seperate from the tactical medics who will be responding in whatever vehicle is assigned for that role, SUV, chase car, whatever. The gear for the tactical medics may be stored in an SUV, on one of the swat vehicles (which can very well include repainted/ refurbed ambulances or bearcats or both)

This coming from a real-life paramedic who has recieved tactical EMS (aka SWAT Medic) training and exposure. :)

FDNY also has "HAZTAC" ambulances. They're still normal paramedic ambulances with a some specialty paramedics with hazmat and rescue training and a little more equipment. To my knowledge they don't do much with SWAT besides sit outside and wait around though. NYPD ESU has officers trained as paramedics, I believe Toronto PD does too since they have a pretty big police force.

orly.jpg

It isn't going to be release that's what Jeeves hinted at, and that's why I made my sarcastic comment to Dakota. Posting from this point on is spam, this mod isn't going to be released.

1.) This mod was "designed" in 2009, back than you were not allowed to create a submod using his mods and than release them. That rule has since been changed, but this post died long before than.

2.) The last post on pg 1 was dated Nov 3 the next post doesn't come until pg2 July 11th 2010, 8 months later. If my memory is correct anything past 3-4* months on this site is considered dead, and theirs no point in reviving it.

* I may be wrong on the exact time frame, once a topic is dead and people continue to revive it needlessly doesn't mean you should too.

It isn't going to be release that's what Jeeves hinted at, and that's why I made my sarcastic comment to Dakota. Posting from this point on is spam, this mod isn't going to be released.

1.) This mod was "designed" in 2009, back than you were not allowed to create a submod using his mods and than release them. That rule has since been changed, but this post died long before than.

2.) The last post on pg 1 was dated Nov 3 the next post doesn't come until pg2 July 11th 2010, 8 months later. If my memory is correct anything past 3-4* months on this site is considered dead, and theirs no point in reviving it.

* I may be wrong on the exact time frame, once a topic is dead and people continue to revive it needlessly doesn't mean you should too.

Meh, still a good discussion and ideas flowing regardless.

Last post by OP was made on March 8th 2011.

Last post before this topic was wrongfully revived was made on June 23rd 2011. And then again it could have been considered itself a dead thread revival.

Please look at the last post date before you post, and if it's more than, say, 2-3 months old, DO NOT POST. THE THREAD IS DEAD.