Pandemic

Everything works in-game apart from the Operator

Hi, I have the English Version of Emergency 4 and it's running on Vista Home Premium 64bit.

Onto the problem, at times when I go load a mission, the operator will discuss the mission at the loading screen, once I get in-game, I can hear the noises of sending in emergency vehicles but shortly after it will just cut out.

Everything else works like fire noises, doors closing, hoses etc but the only thing that doesn't work properly is the operator. He just cuts out as soon as I get in-game.

Edit: Sorry for placing in the wrong section.

Guest mrpolice1996
Hi, I have the English Version of Emergency 4 and it's running on Vista Home Premium 64bit.

Onto the problem, at times when I go load a mission, the operator will discuss the mission at the loading screen, once I get in-game, I can hear the noises of sending in emergency vehicles but shortly after it will just cut out.

Everything else works like fire noises, doors closing, hoses etc but the only thing that doesn't work properly is the operator. He just cuts out as soon as I get in-game.

What do you mean by 'cuts out' - just stops talking?

Oh whoops! I told this person to post his problem here, I guess he missed the Technical part of the Sub Fourms, can someone move this there?

Technical Fourm:

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?showforum=42

Pandemic, Please read this:

We are going to need you to upload some files that tells us a bit more about your computer and driver information (Technical stuff)

To do this,

Have your logfile from your game so that it may be reviewed.

EX: C:\Program Files\Wizardworks\Emergency 911 First Responders\Logfile.txt.

Get your DirectX Diagnostic Log

Go to your Start button, and use the RUN command.

Type in dxdiag and press ok.

After it does it's diagnostic save the information file somewhere you can find it and upload it here, along with the LOGFILE.

Guest mrpolice1996

OK, had a look at both.

sorry but noting important jumps out at me :(

i'm sure some computer expert will find whats wrong!

I'm sorry :(

I'll look again tomorrow and see if there's anything i have missed

Okay, repairing the thing didn't work so I'll have to try re-install it later this afternoon.

You have a codec problem. See the Technical Help FAQ for more information and a program to detect the bad codecs.

You have a codec problem. See the Technical Help FAQ for more information and a program to detect the bad codecs.

Oooo, and by getting this program, will it remove the thing that's stopping the operator from talking?

Edit: I looked at the FAQ's and it says,

DO NOT install any codec packs like K-LITE or samsung mobile phone software (all codec packs with MPG1 software).

Oooo, and by getting this program, will it remove the thing that's stopping the operator from talking?

No, it will only point out broken codecs or codecs that interfere with other programs. You need to do the removal yourself.

Edit: I looked at the FAQ's and it says,

DO NOT install any codec packs like K-LITE or samsung mobile phone software (all codec packs with MPG1 software).

Your point being?