heyjoojoo

Dispatch procedures question...

The entire thing lasted about 45 minuets, so thats not the entire chatter but a nice find none the less.
Yeah, the real shooting does not even begin before the clip ends.

This is a sample from that day. I can't seem to find the whole thing unless you wanna pay for a CD of it. The place that I got the sample from sells CD's of the entire incident

Thats kind of messed up to charge money for such a thing considering officers were killed that day if i recall.
No they weren't. Many of them were wounded, as were civilians, but the only deaths were Matasereanu and Phillips.

Wulf is correct, and I agree with 4x4 , but hey, what are ya gonna do?

Dispatch Teminology:

LAFD Units:

"Rescue #"= Ambulance (used much more than "RA" is)

"RA #"= Rescue Ambulance (Used by other departments in the area, not LAFD)

(as mikesphotos has posted BLS are distinguished by the number 8 before unit number)

"Light Force #"= Light force (1 engine, 1 truck)

"Task Force #"= Task Force (2 engine, 1 truck)

"Engine #"= Engine

"Truck #"= Aerial or Tiller

"USAR #"= USAR Truck

"Squad #"= Hazmat Truck

"Heavy Rescue 56"= Heavy Rescue 56 (The Crane)

(Still not sure on the Brush Patrol I've only heard it on scene or informally dispatched)

"Boat #"= Fire boat (I've only heard calls for the smaller boats but I assume it's used for the two large fire boats as well)

"Fire #"= LAFD Helicopter

"Dozer Tender #"= Bulldozer Tender

"Dozer #"= Bulldozer

"Transport #"= Bulldozer Transport (also used to transport disabled units)

"EMS #"= EMS Captain

"Battalion #"= Battalion Chief

"Prevention #"= Prevention Officer

LACoFD Units:

"Rescue #"=(I'm guessing it's an ambulance dispatch since they don't have rescues, but I could be wrong)

"Squad #"= Squad (HES)

"Patrol #"= Brush Patrol

"Engine #"= Engine

"Quint #"= Quint

"Truck #"= Standard aerial

"Copter #"= LACoFD Helicopter

Other Misc:

"PD"= LAPD

"Sheriff"= LASD

"Park Ranger"= City Park Ranger

"DWP"= Department of Water and Power

"DOT"= Department of Transportation (Parking enforcement, sometimes sounds like they're calling for "DOP")

LAFD Slang:

"800" or "8 Run"= BLS call or unit (not used in the actual dispatch, but used in other communications)

"Traffic"= traffic accident (used in Dispatch "Light Force X, RA X, Traffic at...")

"Eval"= Paramedic evaluation run (used in dispatch "Engine X for Eval")

"PR"= Person Reporting

"OCD"= Operations Control Dispatch (their Dispatch Center)

LACoFD Slang:

"Informant"= Caller

"LA"= Dispatch

LAPD

From what I have these seem correct LAPD Radio Codes

(also I'll check with my one professor he was with the LAPD as a homicide detective, see if he can fill in any blanks on dispatches)

Still not sure

"Risk"

"Fire Watch"

"Natural"= Related to medical calls I think overdoses

I'll post more as I come across them, i have a lot of raw audio data go through

And if you want to get more into PD, cars are designated as this: (Division) (Phonetic describing unit) (unit number). For instance, a normal patrolcar with 2 men in Foothill as unit 46 would be designated as 16A46/16Adam46. A supervisor might be 16L20.

My brother went to LA for business for about a week... He always takes his scanners, I loaned him my computer with audio software to record it. He recorded individual channels in prime hours so I have LAFD, LAPD,LASD, LACoFD, and even ANF dispatches to go through.

I forgot one, what is the heavy equipment squad referred to as?

I believe up here they refer to this as 'rescue' but not sure about LA...

I think i'm a bit late, and don't feel like reading through all the posts, so, yeah, its 'squad'. Staffed by 2-4 EMT-P's at all times. Depends on the area it's in.

I've added more to the list if anyone knows If I've misinterpreted something let me know

Dispatch Terminology

Slightly Offtopic: LAPD Dispatch is dark... I'm not gonna post any of it unless I can get a very PG section of transmissions

Guest SODeputy

Guys I think this will help you out... just choose which agency you want to listen toScanner America

Dispatchers broadcast over FCC radio waves so there is nothing that can restrict recordings (public airwaves). The only thing that would be restrictive would be department policies about live feeds with direct access to department servers which would be a breach of security.

Guys I think this will help you out... just choose which agency you want to listen toScanner America.

Notice though no LAFD listed channels only LACoFD....

You can find streams of it but they are discouraged strongly by the department.

In terms of the LAPD thing: lets just say there were some shootings, some assaults that were not very nice, and a hit and run drunk driver being identified by what was stuck on his car hood, I'll leave it at that.

Notice though no LAFD listed channels only LACoFD....

You can find streams of it but they are discouraged strongly by the department.

In terms of the LAPD thing: lets just say there were some shootings, some assaults that were not very nice, and a hit and run drunk driver being identified by what was stuck on his car hood, I'll leave it at that.

Actually... It's very realistic. Sorry, I havn't heard a PG transmittion by your standards, and there's not a whole lot of pg streams for EMS/FD, because they work hand in hand x.x This game is rated T, and idk how many small children play it.

I have no issues with the types of calls, it was more the information being exchanged across main channels by the LAPD. Normally big cities I've monitored before tend to leave more graphic details of active crime scenes on private channels. Personally I'm used to that stuff, it doesn't particularly phase me, I just want to make sure I can find less descriptive dialogs to present for those who may be offended.