festival

U.S Riot police transport?

Something that just popped into my head after recieving a response about a potential submod, was how do US riot police transport to the scene.

I doubt they walk from their stations, too bulky and numerous to use squad cars. Has to be vans and larger transport i guess but what? Is there specific transport in the police motorpool?

Or do they simply kit up on scene after arriving in their squad cars. Alot of parking space need for that one.

Its something ive never seen referenced anywhere, cant find anything on google yet though ive only looked for last few minutes.

Anybody any ideas/know?

It really depends on the location. To my knowledge its up to individual departments to decide what they want to use weather it be SWAT,Patrol Cars, Paddywagon, or what ever the case is. If they want to out fit there patrol division with Cadillac Escapades or Roght Side Drive Mercedes imported directly from Germany, they can so long as they have it in department budget to afford such costs. Obviously most departments arent going to outfit there whole patrol fleet with SUVs. Not that they wont throw in a few SUVs for rough terrain pursuits in rural areas.

Should a riot be provoked here, my guess is EPD SWAT Officers on patrol, on duty, and possible off duty, will respond to the scene and gear up there. I would further guess that if there was a need for more RIOT officers, they would be dispatched from the Indiana State Police would respond as they have a Chopper and RIOT gear.