Guest miked9372

air balloon

Guest miked9372

did you hear about the balloon in Colorado with the 6 year old kind in it

Boy may have fallen out because door on balloon was unlocked

Officials chasing 6-year-old boy over eastern Colorado-

Boy's family was building aircraft at home in Fort Collins-

"We're trying to determine the best course of action," sheriff's spokeswoman says

Officials are concerned that a 6-year-old boy who drifted away in a homemade helium balloon on Thursday may already have fallen out of it, an undersheriff said.

Margie Martinez of the Weld County Sheriff's Office said a sibling saw Falcon Heene climb into the basket before the balloon took off from his parents' Fort Collins, Colorado home.

Since the door on the balloon was unlocked, it's possible the boy had fallen out, Martinez said.

The balloon appeared to be a saucer-shaped, Mylar-coated helium balloon, similar to a party balloon. The craft was drifting eastward, authorities said.

The helium balloon was tethered to the boy's family home, the Larimer County Sheriff's Department said. The boy got into the craft Thursday morning and undid the rope anchoring it.

The department said the dome-shaped balloon is 20 feet long and 5 feet high.

"The structure at the bottom of the balloon that the boy is in is made of extremely thin plywood and won't withstand any kind of a crash at all," said Erik Nilsson, Larimer County emergency manager, according to CNN affiliate KMGH.

The Federal Aviation Administration is trying to track the aircraft on radar and has notified the Denver International Airport. Shortly after noon (2 p.m. ET), the balloon was sighted two miles south of Evans.

CNN meteorologist Chad Myers estimated the wind would keep the vessel moving at 30 mph.

A dispatcher received a call Thursday morning, and emergency services personnel were contacted, Larimer County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Kathy Davis said.

A balloon company has been contacted and several media outlets offered to help track the balloon with their helicopters, Davis said.

"We're trying to determine the best course of action," Davis said. "This is a first and we'll do what we need to do."

Authorities said police cars were tracking the balloon, which was believed to be drifting about 8,000 feet off the ground. The FAA was notifying planes in the area, said Mike Fergus, agency spokesman in the Mountain Region.

They are "preventing air conflicts" by letting aircraft know of the location of the balloon and keeping the airspace free.

Cpl. Eric Wynn of the Colorado State Patrol told CNN, "At this point I think they're trying to evaluate the safest way to get that balloon down."

"I think our involvement at this point is we have officers on the ground."

According to Wynn, authorities are worried about where the balloon could safely land, avoiding buildings and power lines.

edit:the balloon in on the ground and the kid in not in there

touch down

Just watched it myself... Either he fell out and is like in an alley or like on a building or in the woods, not commenting on what I think his health status is. Or he could very well have gotten out of the balloon before it flew off, and could be off hiding somewhere.. There is so many places he could be.. I'd say search the location where it flew over, and check like bushes and places where he could be

Before i moved, i was a firefighter in Ft. Collins, they are conducting a search of the area w/ the local police.

The area of travel of the baloon is very extensive, from Ft. Collins whichis atleast 50 Miles N of Denver, to Colorado Springs Which is two hours South of Denver, so if the boy fell, it could be a long time before it is determind where he fell and landed.

It's being investigated as to wether or not it was a hoax.

Falcon told the cable channel he had heard his family calling his name while he was hiding in the attic--and while his parents and the nation thought he was captive on a runaway, homemade balloon contraption.

"You did?" asked his mother, Mayumi Heene, seemingly incredulous.

"Why didn't you come out?" queried Richard Heene, the boy's father, the balloon's inventor and the person whose scolding of Falcon earlier in the day had previously been credited with prompting the boy to flee and hide in the attic.

After a pause, a fidgety Falcon answered, "You said that we did this for a show."

The Colorado Army National Guard scrambled an OH-58 Kiowa helicopter and a Black Hawk UH-60 to try to rescue the boy...The helicopter flights alone cost about $14,500.

Well this is interesting.

Well, seeing as they had an eye-witness report of the child in the baloon, and that he was hiding in a box, that probably wasn't their first priority. The most likely just checked rooms and large spaces like cupboards - not spend time searching through boxes.

Guest miked9372

they are fining the family

A Colorado Sheriff says criminal charges are expected to be filed against Richard Heene, the father of the so-called "Balloon Boy," ET confirms.

The parent of the child -- who was thought to be sent up in a Mylar balloon but was later found in the garage of his family's home -- are said to face a Class 3 misdemeanor charge, Larimer County Sheriff Jim Alderden said in a press conference on Saturday.

The sheriff's department is also said to be obtaining search warrants for the Heene home. Alderden also said that FAA officials and federal officials are looking to any additional charges that may apply.

Guest miked9372

lol look at the joke i found goes good with this

The boss of a big company needed to call one of his employees about an urgent problem with one of the main computers. He dialed the employees home phone number and was greeted with a child's whispered on the first ring, "Hello?" Feeling put out at the inconvenience of having to talk to a youngster the boss asked, "Is your Daddy home?". "Yes.", whispered the small voice. May I talk with him?", the man asked. To the surprise of the boss, the small voice whispered, "No." Wanting to talk with an adult, the boss asked, "Is your Mommy there?". "Yes.", came the answer. "May I talk with her?". Again the small voice whispered, "No." Knowing that it was not likely that a young child would be left home alone, the boss decided he would just leave a message with the person who should be there watching over the child. "Is there any one there besides you?", the boss asked the child. "Yes", whispered the child, "A policeman." Wondering what a cop would be doing at his employee's home, the boss asked, "May I speak with the policeman?". "No, he's busy.", whispered the child. "Busy doing what?", asked the boss. "Talking to Daddy and Mommy and the Fireman.", came the whispered answer. Growing concerned and even worried as he heard what sounded like a helicopter through the ear piece on the phone the boss asked, "What is that noise?". "A hello-copper.", answered the whispering voice. "What is going on there?", asked the boss, now alarmed. In an awed whispering voice the child answered, "The search team just landed the hello-copper!" Alarmed, concerned and more than just a little frustrated the boss asked, "Why are they there?" Still whispering, the young voice replied along with a muffled giggle, "They're looking for me!"