Chris3281

Post your recent call

Guy in the neighboring county was picked up on manufacturing meth charges, along with i think 2 or 3 others. He was found dead less then 48 hours after being booked in to jail and it doesnt appear to be foul play involved.

And our former trustee for this part of town is probably in more sh!t then she already was. She had stolen something like 150,000 from the townships money. She used it to buy a bunch of junk including NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK tickets. Now, partially because of her actions, Knight Township Fire Department is being forced to close down at the end of December. Knight cover an area of about 10 square miles, but but there are about 8,000 people packed in that area, plus lots of factories, farm land and interstate. One of there stations is located about one mile from the river making them first due on most water rescues, not to mention they assist several other township/county departments for mutual aid. While I am in Knight Township, I am declared to live in city lines so it does not effect me, but I still hate to see the department go as there a valuable asset.

What does that mean, they don't get enough calls? But what if there was a massive freak fire in that area, there would be no local station. According to some law, fire trucks should reach 94% of calls in under 4 mins, so that's why Schererville is considering a new station on the other side of U.S. 41. ;)

ISO Rating more or less breaks down to a rating of safety levels which in turn effects insurance ratings. As it is, every station here holds either a quint or a pumper aside from 2 which have a light force in house plus a rescue truck and a Hazmat or Brush Truck. The original plan was to shut down two of stations and move all apertures and personnel to an existing station. So, for example, under the revised plans Station 10 would shut down and move there Engine to the station by me so the station would no longer hold Quint 9 and a ready reserve Quint, but Quint 9 and Engine 10, which I assume would become Engine 9. Later the idea was throw around to keep the 2 existing stations open by moving the Rescue trucks to those 2 stations so they could still make medical runs, but the engines would still move to an existing station. The chief has now said it is unlikely to close those stations next year. Part of the reason is it was exposed that even with the move, there would be need for one new station to be built and another moved because response times in Station 16s district were high because of the location.

However, with Knight Township Volunteer Fire Department now facing closure, this leaves a large gap in coverage as the small area holds about 10,000 residents and includes a wide mix of residential, commercial, industrial and rural areas including several highways, I-164 and major portions of the Ohio River. Not to mention they provide Dive Rescue with a station about a mile from a major boat ramp, and another station equipped for dive rescue with in about 5 minuets. So now something has to be done to pick up the slack.

Yeah, we have a new quint, tower ladder, brush, and 2 ambos in the main staion. Then there's a volunteer station that houses E4, E3, and the old ford ambo. We live by US 30 and 41 (Crossroads of America), so there are car accidents here and there. Mostly medicals though. ;)

Well, yesteday there was a medical call close to me. A Quint and ambulance responded. About a week ago, some sort of leak, had two engines, an ambulance, south district's Hazmat vehicle, two patol cars, and a quint.

Domestic Violence Call last night across the street, 3 cop cars. Well I assume it was DV. Something along that line as there was no fire/ems on scene and they were coming code 3.

Didnt catch the call today but heard a siren coming, some times I cant distinguish our police sirens from ambulance sirens. Then I hear a Fed Q kick in. Im looking from my balcony towards Menard's parking lot waiting for EMS and Fire to roll in, but then I see a brand new Ford Taurus, dark blue coming through the parking lot of the apt complex, didnt think much of it. As it turns the corner, the big ass antenna and 2 smaller antennas were a give away of an unmarked car.

The cop looked deep undercover to atleast from here. He was about 100 yards away but he was a heavy set guy with normal length hair(not short, not long) t-shirt, and khaki shorts. Dont see much point in being that under dressed in a unmarked car with antennas all over it..

Got a very scary call today here. My first dsipatch was of a Armed man Opening fire at a building on the UT campus. For full story look below. This call was scary to hear over the radio at first, I thought this was gonna be a Massive incident.

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/Police-UT-Austin-gunman-was-student-acted-alone-103947729.html

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/09/28/texas.university.shooting/index.html?hpt=C1(has video)

We just had a shooting here today, and it seems to be a growing trend. This isnt the quiet city I grew up in any more thats for sure.

My friend across the street lives just a few apartments down from his mother. She had some problems, dont recall exactly what..but yeah my friend called me to let me know for some reason, well I just happen to be getting ready to take my dog out anyways. I get out there and see the Ambo turn in the wrong apartment complex despite the street name and apartment names is the same and theres a big sign which would hint that your in the wrong freaking apartment complex. Fire was called for lift assist as she had to be carried down a flight of stairs on a backboard. Atleast 9s found the place on the first try, dunno if my flagging them down actually worked or not. AMR didnt seem to notice me flagging them down to tell them where to go.

My brother, dad, and I went for Mexican food after my soccer practice, and there was a guy getting arressted for a DUI. He had his wife/girlfriend and a baby in the car with him, and teh car was impounded. I've never seen anything like that happen before! :P

Wow. Link

Brownberrie lane? I live on the end of Scotland Lane so I could see all the vehicles.

About 5-10 police cars (To investigate and to close roads), 2 fire engines, 4 ambulace rapid response ambulance, 3 Ambulances and more.I know the guy who was underneath the car he lives over the fence from me and I knew his brother and him really well.I am not aloud to include any names for confidentiality.He has broken both his legs.Anyway Police didn't clean up properly because the next day there were pieces of car on the corner and I found a tiny bit of police tape!

Wow. Link

Brownberrie lane? I live on the end of Scotland Lane so I could see all the vehicles.

About 5-10 police cars (To investigate and to close roads), 2 fire engines, 4 ambulace rapid response ambulance, 3 Ambulances and more.I know the guy who was underneath the car he lives over the fence from me and I knew his brother and him really well.I am not aloud to include any names for confidentiality.He has broken both his legs.Anyway Police didn't clean up properly because the next day there were pieces of car on the corner and I found a tiny bit of police tape!

What is the difference between a rapid response ambulance and a ambulance, is the rapid response ambulance like a fly car

post-904-075721900 1286229178.jpg

I think so. Anyway, there was this guy who shot 3 people in Lowell, IN. That's not super far from where I live. He shot 2 contruction workers, and 1 of them died. Then he shot and injured a farmer. Before he shot them, he said something about honeybees, so he's crazy. The police found his car just 2 towns over from mine in Dyer, but they still didn't find him. Our school was on lockdown, so that meant no afterschool activities either. Kinda scary. :ph34r:

They found the shooter last week, so all is well. He used to be a cop, but he accidentally hit and killed a 17 yr old and he's never been the same since the incident. They released him from jail though for some reason. Anyway, there was a fire truck behind my house last night for a medical or something. It was 11:45 so I didn't go outside and check. Who knows... :nixweiss:

Chenango County Bureau of Fire: Station 27

Plymouth Vol. Fire Department

Plymouth Monitors; Norwich Station

Respond to (removed) Cookhouse Rd XS Pigeon Hill Rd & Montgomery Rd.

CHIMNEY FIRE

Units:

Plymouth Chief 270

Plymouth Engine 272

Plymouth Tanker 276

Norwich Ambulance 2392

Time Dispatched: 18:01 (6:01PM)

Time Cleared: 19:45 (7:45PM)

~Station27~

Edited by MikeyPI
Removed exact address

we had a grain truck fire. i responded POV. the grain truck was a total loss. It actually used to belong to my grandpa on our family farm, but we traded it off a couple of years ago.

***Also the fire truck you see in the picture is engine 1 its not our main pumper. our main pumper is the one in my little "profile picture" over there <------***

fire540.jpg

Chenango County Bureau of Fire: Station 27

Plymouth Vol. Fire Department

Plymouth Monitors; Norwich Station

Respond to (removed) Cookhouse Rd XS Pigeon Hill Rd & Montgomery Rd.

CHIMNEY FIRE

Units:

Plymouth Chief 270

Plymouth Engine 272

Plymouth Tanker 276

Norwich Ambulance 2392

Time Dispatched: 18:01 (6:01PM)

Time Cleared: 19:45 (7:45PM)

~Station27~

Since Then we had

22:30 Tree Down: Co Rd 16 & State Hwy 23

07:26 Fall Victim: Country Club Ln.

07:49 Fall Victim Unresponsive: Center Rd.