Chris3281

Let me just say.

Ok. So I got a couple stories for you guys that you will like.

1. Yesterday, Roughly 8:00pm My Fire Department was dispatched for ventilation in a residence. Meaning we needed to air out a building so i was expecting smoke. wouldnt you? but no. we were ventilating Pepper Spray. LOL

I will read exactly the tone out.

*Tones Drop* Station *** <Address Concealed> Assist Police in ventalating a building.
And then the tone repeats.

so we get on scence and there was a guy with a gun TRying to commit suicide. So the police pepper sprayed him 4 times (4 officers on scene)

so we needed to venalate the P.S. in the building. All in all it was a good night. Police stopped a suicide and i stopped pepper spray form spreading to peoples lungs. :)

2. Today roughly 7:30pm i got a call. But it was nothing special.

i got to the fire station with my dad and he started up the truck as i was racing to get my **** on then i ran to the Passenger seat (which for those who dont know is the one that operates the sirens/radio) so as he is pulling out i ******* stop on the "Q" And i let that **** burn all the way down the road and i stomp on the Air-horn pedal and im sitting there playing jingle bells with the airhorn. LOL. so i got the Q SCCRRREEEAAAMMIIINNNGGG and the air-horn is playing Jingle bells. :) Lol. the cars we passed were probably like yo, What?!!! Lol

Thats it just thought you guys would like :) Lol

thanks,

chris

Lol. Cant wait for the next fire call now. Lol im'a play Jingle bells all the way to the Scene. LOL my Chief will be like,

"Chris what are you doing?"

"Well, Chief People see Fire trucks with sirens all the time, but they are never playing jingle bells so i thought if i entertain the people they will come to our next Open House! LOL!"

Guest matt31896

Me:

ATF < Charleston Fire Department as an FF/PM

I would rather wake up to a Medical call then a bomb in the tallest building downtown and the fate of 500 people including me and my team in my hands.

BTW me and LA Mod are off to a rocky start, read the Give Virtual Respect topic :cry: .

Me:

I would rather wake up to a Medical call then a bomb in the tallest building downtown and the fate of 500 people including me and my team in my hands.

AGREED!!!

Me:

BTW me and LA Mod are off to a rocky start, read the Give Virtual Respect topic :cry: .

Like Newfound said it is preference. Personally, I think that would be the greatest adrenaline rush in the world to defuse a bomb, then again I don't think the ATF really defuses bombs so it is irrelevant. :D

im sitting there playing jingle bells with the airhorn.

LOL! That reminds me, of before I became an EMT, a few years ago I was doing a ride along with my brothers ambulance crew, and we got called to a fire stand-by, reported structure fire. It turned out to be a car fire, it was a dj booth operated out of somebody's van, and it caught on fire. So during our standby, we turned on the radio in the ambulance, and held the P/A mic up to the speaker, so were blasting music while the fire department was doing they're stuff, and we kept the music going for another 5 minutes after FD left, until we go called somewhere. (Don't worry, we turned it down whenever requested by FD. That was when I learned they use sound during overhaul. I guess besides ripping up the interior, they try to listen for fire too)

Just by looking around I could tell that a few people thought it was unprofessional, but you gotta have fun on the job, besides everybody else like and danced to it, and as said before, whenever it needed to be turned down or off, we would.

Guest matt31896
LOL! That reminds me, of before I became an EMT, a few years ago I was doing a ride along with my brothers ambulance crew, and we got called to a fire stand-by, reported structure fire. It turned out to be a car fire, it was a dj booth operated out of somebody's van, and it caught on fire. So during our standby, we turned on the radio in the ambulance, and held the P/A mic up to the speaker, so were blasting music while the fire department was doing they're stuff, and we kept the music going for another 5 minutes after FD left, until we go called somewhere. (Don't worry, we turned it down whenever requested by FD. That was when I learned they use sound during overhaul. I guess besides ripping up the interior, they try to listen for fire too)

Just by looking around I could tell that a few people thought it was unprofessional, but you gotta have fun on the job, besides everybody else like and danced to it, and as said before, whenever it needed to be turned down or off, we would.

Guys, really.

Guest FireMedic

Well, "blasting the music" was an exaggeration, yes, we played music through the P/A, but not as loud as "blasting" it would be. It was an event heldd by the police, we had permission from them to play music until we got called somewhere.

Either way, that was unprofessional. So is playing jingle bells on the air horns.

Either way, that was unprofessional. So is playing jingle bells on the air horns.

Every department does stuff differently. Ours is a bit laid back, but is serious and professional when needed. It was obviously a very slow day for us that day.

And as unprofessional as it sounds, playing Jingle bells with the airhorn is a tad bit more professional, because at the fire academy in many places, you were taught to make as much noise as possible.

I never realized the Q had its own pedal like that. Interesting. :) Oh and as for Jingle Bells and such, meh you gotta have fun. So long as its not a major disturbance, and you werent playing something like 2Pac(or something with alot of wearing and so forth) over the PA then I dont see the harm so long as you obliged to turn it down when needed and such.