theocd

Response Times

Hi,

Whenever I play a muck around game on freeplay I quite often call the FBI Command Centre because it looks cool! Now, as I sat there waiting the seconds for it to arrive last time I played I wondered how long would it take in real life to mobilise?

So here are my questions for anybody who can answer them:

1.) How long does it take to mobilise a SWAT team?

2.) How long does it take for the SWAT Heavy Rescue Truck to become active?

3.) How long would it take to get an FBI squad on scene?

4.) How long would it take to get the FBI Command Centre mobilised?

5.) How long does it take to mobilise the LAFD EMS Mass Casualty Unit?

6.) Does the LA area (County or City) have a Pontoon Bridge?

7.) How long would it take for US National Guard to arrive.

Thanks and any snippets of info would be appreciated.

The OC-D

P.S. I apologise if this is in the wrong section, I thought it might be better in 'Off Topic' but it is to do with the 'LA Mod'.

Depends on the kind of incident and location. As for questions 5, 6 and 7:

5) The Mass Casualty Unit was made up to match the ITW type vehicle. It does not exist in real life.

6) No, the US Army probably has pontoon vehicles which are completely different than the one in the mod. These days, pontoons are rarely used because of air mobility. And for the same reason as my answer to 6: The game needs one to finish certain missions.

7) Very long, because the state governor needs to sign permission before they can respond. It's impossible to say how long that's going to take.

6) No, the US Army probably has pontoon vehicles which are completely different than the one in the mod. These days, pontoons are rarely used because of air mobility. And for the same reason as my answer to 6: The game needs one to finish certain missions.

actually the army corps of engineers has there own "fleet" of vehicles. They are pretty much the military engineers, and my guess would be that there is a "armory" nearby containing a pontoon vehicle due to the size of L.A.

Guest matt31896

Is that why in Em3 v2.5 the PB unit is Camo?

Hi,

Whenever I play a muck around game on freeplay I quite often call the FBI Command Centre because it looks cool! Now, as I sat there waiting the seconds for it to arrive last time I played I wondered how long would it take in real life to mobilise?

So here are my questions for anybody who can answer them:

1.) How long does it take to mobilise a SWAT team?

2.) How long does it take for the SWAT Heavy Rescue Truck to become active?

3.) How long would it take to get an FBI squad on scene?

4.) How long would it take to get the FBI Command Centre mobilised?

5.) How long does it take to mobilise the LAFD EMS Mass Casualty Unit?

6.) Does the LA area (County or City) have a Pontoon Bridge?

7.) How long would it take for US National Guard to arrive.

Thanks and any snippets of info would be appreciated.

The OC-D

P.S. I apologise if this is in the wrong section, I thought it might be better in 'Off Topic' but it is to do with the 'LA Mod'.

1) This is hard to answer. This is best suited for Mikesphotos to answer.

However, I can say this much. Different departments have different policies. In LA and larger cities, they can usually justify a full time SWAT team who doesnt have to work over a section of the city like a traffic cop usually. Now here on the other hand, my city probably can not justify a full time SWAT team so the officers spend alot of time on traffic duty. Because of this officers typically respond directly to the scene in there marked patrol car and will suit up on scene like this. More times then not the armored vehicle doesnt usually even get called to the scene. I think it depends on how quickly the incident has to be defused, or how exactly the situation has to be handled. In one case the truck was brought in as there was a man with a gun nearly 2 blocks from a elementary school. The SWAT truck was brought in to use as a baricade/protection as seen here

3 & 4) Depends on how close an FBI office is. Usually FBI doesnt get involved unless it is a bank robbery, something to do with the post office, or a government facility like that. I would imagine in most cases, there not to quick because really the FBI isnt so much of a rapid response orginzation like the PD,SD, State Police, and so forth. FBI is more of an investigative organization.

Is that why in Em3 v2.5 the PB unit is Camo?

Its camo in EM4 as well, and yes, while I cant officially answer for Hoppah, the Army Corps of Engineers are the only ones likley to have such a vehicle.

Yes, the HRT is stationed in Quantico, Virginia according to wikipedia, and I saw no mention that there was members stationed around the country, but none the less it says "The HRT also possess the ability "to deploy within four hours, with part or all of its personnel and resources, to any location within the United States or its territories"