Guest firemike550

em4 trouble

Guest firemike550

Hello everyone, havent been here in quite a while,

but heres my problem, whenever i start EM4 it starts but as soon as the game gets to the menu its all laggy and so is the gameplay, and it was never like this before, does anyone know what it might be? i know its not the graphics card because it never happened before

Guest MGC|Uthog

Graphic cards can make your game lag because when a graphic card is running to much data it will ask the ram to aid it slowing down your system.

Try shutting all back ground programs down.

Guest firemike550

everything is off when i try to play, it still lags, do you think i should uninstall it and buy a new game? im not sure what to do, its been screwed up for a while anyway back when i first got it

Guest firemike550
Well does your system meets the minimum requirments. Also upload your DX diag and your logfile :)(your logfile is located in the EM4 map).

no offense but you lost me when you said log diag file lol, and my grahpics meet the requirements

Guest MGC|Uthog

Well not only the graphic card need to meet the requirments your CPU RAM HDD also need to meet the requirments. Sometimes even direct X need to meet it but most direct X for XP are 9 and for vista 10.

Well not only the graphic card need to meet the requirments your CPU RAM HDD also need to meet the requirments. Sometimes even direct X need to meet it but most direct X for XP are 9 and for vista 10.

Moved to EM4 Technical Help. You can check out the Technical HElp FAQ by the way. There are some tips to prevent lags and it also explains what a logfile and DXDIAG file is.

Guest firemike550
Moved to EM4 Technical Help. You can check out the Technical HElp FAQ by the way. There are some tips to prevent lags and it also explains what a logfile and DXDIAG file is.

you think it might be because i havent updated my drivers in a while? im updating them right now

you think it might be because i havent updated my drivers in a while? im updating them right now

this is my logfile, i dont know where to find the direct x file even tho i looked through the faq im not sure how to open directx or if its on my cpu, apparently it is but i cant find it

logfile.txt

this is my logfile, i dont know where to find the direct x file even tho i looked through the faq im not sure how to open directx or if its on my cpu, apparently it is but i cant find it

It's not a direct X file it's called a DXDIAG file and you need to create it yourself before you can upload it. Start --> run --> type DXDIAG --> press enter --> save result. It's also mentioned in the FAQ.

Judging from your log file I think you have a codec problem.

Guest firemike550
It's not a direct X file it's called a DXDIAG file and you need to create it yourself before you can upload it. Start --> run --> type DXDIAG --> press enter --> save result. It's also mentioned in the FAQ.

Judging from your log file I think you have a codec problem.

heres my dx diag, and what is a codec problem?

Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.lh_sp2rtm.090410-1830)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Gateway

System Model: GM5472

BIOS: )Phoenix - Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz

Memory: 1918MB RAM

Page File: 1863MB used, 2224MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 10

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000 32bit Unicode

Guest firemike550
Again the answer to that is in the FAQ. A codec is a program used to compress audio and video files. It sometimes interferes with the game.

sorry if i annoyed ya, i fixed the prob thanks to you and the faq and i apreciate the help

Guest firemike550
Again the answer to that is in the FAQ. A codec is a program used to compress audio and video files. It sometimes interferes with the game.

well it worked for a while then i edited some files such as the vehicles and freeplay parameteres, but i do indeed have a codec problem here it is

?UIDialog: Could not load 'base:UI/Game/MissionResult/FreeplayRanking.xml'

what does this mean? how can i fix it?

i looked through the faq and couldnt find an answer so i figured youd know