Guest madforce

Question regarding vehicle purchase..

Guest madforce

I played a map that the BC would not allow a BC to purchase a vehicle if there wasn't one able to be deploy. Is there a way I can enable that functionality now? I'd like to set my vehicle inventory and if all my resources are occupied, have to make decisions around what I have allocated vs an endless supply of additional units. Like if I am handling an accident and a couple traffic situations, and a pickpocket or something comes up, if all my units are active, it alerts me and I would then have to pull a unit off another call to pursue vs another unit being bought off map.

Any directions there on accomplishing this?

I've looked around at about a dozen different scripts and im confusing myself. I've only had the game about a week... ;/

I'll do some more searches, but thought I'd inquire to see if there was something I havnt been able to find so far... Thanks in advance for any pointers

What map is that? The alternative buy function which is being used if any of the 'calling additional vehicles commands' cannot find an available vehicle needs virtual objects on the map. These virtual objects are being used as the spawn points. When the scripts cannot fine them that buy function won't be executed to prevent the game from crashing.

I played a map that the BC would not allow a BC to purchase a vehicle if there wasn't one able to be deploy. Is there a way I can enable that functionality now?
Should have worked fine in 1.8 and 1.9.
I'd like to set my vehicle inventory and if all my resources are occupied, have to make decisions around what I have allocated vs an endless supply of additional units. Like if I am handling an accident and a couple traffic situations, and a pickpocket or something comes up, if all my units are active, it alerts me and I would then have to pull a unit off another call to pursue vs another unit being bought off map.

Any directions there on accomplishing this?

I've looked around at about a dozen different scripts and im confusing myself. I've only had the game about a week... ;/

I'll do some more searches, but thought I'd inquire to see if there was something I havnt been able to find so far... Thanks in advance for any pointers

No such thing at this time. We have the call command which calls nearest available unit, or, if there is no unit avaliable, will purchase one and deploy it for you.

Guest madforce

I believe it was the second edition Woopah and Co. map, that I thought relied on an LA Mod backend, i may be wrong. When I used the BC to call in units, it would only deploy units I had purchased, and would not purchase additional units.

I know it's possible, cause I've encountered this, was wondering if it is possible to implement the option in the release 1.9 map (Either as an option, or some assistance making it a personal addition/change)

Edit: I believe I mean Wood, not Woopah

Guest madforce
No such thing at this time. We have the call command which calls nearest available unit, or, if there is no unit avaliable, will purchase one and deploy it for you.

Update.

I can get what I'm looking for very easily by simply editing the money values the BC checks against before calling an offmap unit in the script. It certainly is possible, and easily done, just took a little additional searching since there was no answer available. I'm glad I didn't rely on the customary, 'not possible' when it was apparently a fairly simple edit that was needed.

ALS engine costs 4k to deploy off map, the script checks how much money you have and if you have 4000 it deploys it. Simply adding some zero's to force it to fail the check returns the 'No fire engine available' alert forcing you to make adjustments using your current force in action.

I kinda like that ability cause it makes you have to think about how many units you devote to each call and using just the right response limiting you to units already deployed on the map. Of course I can still manually deploy additional units, but it ends the steady stream of off map units being always at your disposal.

And I might have only noticed that in the other map cause I actually didn't have enough funds as I never really got to 'playing the map', just bought some units and explored it a bit.

Update.

I can get what I'm looking for very easily by simply editing the money values the BC checks against before calling an offmap unit in the script. It certainly is possible, and easily done, just took a little additional searching since there was no answer available. I'm glad I didn't rely on the customary, 'not possible' when it was apparently a fairly simple edit that was needed.

ALS engine costs 4k to deploy off map, the script checks how much money you have and if you have 4000 it deploys it. Simply adding some zero's to force it to fail the check returns the 'No fire engine available' alert forcing you to make adjustments using your current force in action.

I kinda like that ability cause it makes you have to think about how many units you devote to each call and using just the right response limiting you to units already deployed on the map. Of course I can still manually deploy additional units, but it ends the steady stream of off map units being always at your disposal.

And I might have only noticed that in the other map cause I actually didn't have enough funds as I never really got to 'playing the map', just bought some units and explored it a bit.

I didnt say it was impossible did i? You should read more clearly before you misquote me. I simply said it wasnt available at this time because Hoppah hasnt scripted it that way from the sounds of it and you didnt state having knowledge of C++ so it was better left at that as often people jump into scripting with out the slightest clue what there doing, mess up there scripts, crash the game, dont back up the scripts and then run here for a fix. So hopefully you understand where I was coming from.

It would be nice of you to post the altered script here for us to use. Personally I dont see it coming in that handy as I have 5 engines stationed on the map, a ladder, and tiller, USAR squad, and 4 ambulances, 5 police cars, I rarley need to call units from off the map, and the few units I do call are the HES, Bomb Squad and SWAT which cant be called by the commands, only the dispatch menu.

Guest madforce
I didnt say it was impossible did i? You should read more clearly before you misquote me. I simply said it wasnt available at this time because Hoppah hasnt scripted it that way from the sounds of it and you didnt state having knowledge of C++ so it was better left at that as often people jump into scripting with out the slightest clue what there doing, mess up there scripts, crash the game, dont back up the scripts and then run here for a fix. So hopefully you understand where I was coming from.

It would be nice of you to post the altered script here for us to use. Personally I dont see it coming in that handy as I have 5 engines stationed on the map, a ladder, and tiller, USAR squad, and 4 ambulances, 5 police cars, I rarley need to call units from off the map, and the few units I do call are the HES, Bomb Squad and SWAT which cant be called by the commands, only the dispatch menu.

Didn't specifically quote, a little implied i guess, but I've read around and I've read alot of can't be done, not a this time, impossible only to see a page or two later where it was in fact possible, already in use somewhere and just took a little engineering. While I admit, i don't know much C++ I do have some understanding of the expressions from working on other projects and what's trying to accomplish, just some of the functions are a bit new, it's how I learn, trial and error, fudge it up, undo, redo. Not really bothered, just the thought was dead in the water to everyone but myself it appeared so i went digging to try to see what I could do, and technically, it was already done for me, just going to exaggerate it a bit.

Original: (for each unti type)

int Money = Mission::GetMoneyLeft();

if (Money <= 1200)

Edit:

int Money = Mission::GetMoneyLeft();

if (Money <= 120000)

Not much hard work on my part, but I doubt I'll ever reach 1.2mil in a freeplay ;)

My idea is to basically no have to worry about patrolling cars and in essence have standby lots around that map that would fill automatically. Much like the extra police spots. I've rerouted some paths (the dread right lane left turns, added some lights, and actually increased the traffic marginally just cause I'm trying to get a fluid traffic base. I would prefer to not have to avoid redirecting, so my goal is to work til I can get the traffic flow where it works itself out. Won't eliminate everything, but it's going.

Anyhow, if I have units on standby, I want them to have their designated spot, and not have to direct them there everytime. Now if i could only get the positioning down right (other topic thread) lol