Guest GB619

UK POlice chase with Pit moneuver

Was not sure where to post this,but this is my local town in England,a sleepy town called Christchurch,i have posted a youtube link to a video of the police using the American style pit moneuver,no sound im afraid,but considering they very rarely use this in our area i though they did a great job,this is from june this year,they were chasing a drug dealer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nogjrm0KmM

It didnt look like a pit was really there intention to me, just kind of worked out well.

Pits are used much here in my city much either. In fact it may have been useful a few weeks back as they tried to stop a guy(about 18) for running a stop sign. He was smoking weed and had no license so he ran. The pursuit was short lived as he t-boned a Cadillac and flipped it about 3 times and killed the driver of the Cadillac who was a father of 2 children.

It would have also been useful many years ago when a driver went on a rampage through out the city injuring one or two officers. I believe one of the offers was grabbed by the driver and he took off. Once they got the guy stopped there was about 30 cop cars on seen from Evansville PD, Vanderburgh Count Sheriff, Indiana State Police and maybe more. Even a Indiana Conservation Officer showed up to block traffic.

Guest private R clark
Unless a spikestrip does the work, or the police helicopter. :)

Yeah it is unusual though. Probably a 'last resort' - they did look pretty desperate to stop him, and him pretty desperate to get away.

Still, I think that cop did a great job of it :D

in the UK police will use a road block system in high speed chases it is rare that they will preform a pit manover due to saftey and ceirtain rules in the UK

in the case of bringing a chase to a close they u what is know

in USA box manover

the UK called t-pac

this is where and officer will speed ahead to slow down th suspect the veichle is slowed down

other officers movin possition surrounding the suspect vechle

as show the will slow him down eventualy to a stop and bring the suspect into custody this is usually there secondry tatic ther primary attempt is of course the most common roadblock aka the stinger

all only done under the permission from the inspector in control who will get authority to do so in both

t-pac is only done by specialy trained advanced drivers most commonly in the ccmpg (central motaway police group) and in some cases armed responce officers

endangering /risk to lives

2 only when safe and clear to do so plus much more