foffler

911 - First Responders

Hello all. I figured I'd bring this thread back to life. I would like to make the La Mod auto load for windows 7. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions for this? I've already begun looking at a few things but I don't want to be wasting my time looking in the wrong places. I also was curious to know if any of you think that changing the specified target in the shortcut properties would do anything to help my cause. Any and all help is very much appreciated.

Hello all. I figured I'd bring this thread back to life. I would like to make the La Mod auto load for windows 7. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions for this? I've already begun looking at a few things but I don't want to be wasting my time looking in the wrong places. I also was curious to know if any of you think that changing the specified target in the shortcut properties would do anything to help my cause. Any and all help is very much appreciated.

When you install LA Mod V2.0.2, you can have a shortcut placed on your desktop.

When you install LA Mod V2.0.2, you can have a shortcut placed on your desktop.

yes but is it compatible with windows 7??

Last time I tried that it didn't work, but that was on XP and that was quite some time ago. I will re-install the mod and give it a shot and post the results

**UPDATE**

Yes the shortcut works. I'm not sure if it works for Vista 64-bit, if so that might be a problem for one of my members in my clan. I'm sure I'll find a fix for that though. It is simply the shortcut properties. You can make it work for any mod as well. The regular shortcut target property is this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders\Em4.exe" (at least on my computer. Right click your 911 FR or EM4 Deluxe icon and select properties and view the target property to find out what it is for you)

In order to make the shortcut work you simply add this to the end of the target: -game -mod "[name of mod folder you wish to autoload]"

For example to autoload the new york submod it would look like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders\Em4.exe" -game -mod "New York Submod" (assuming that's the name of the New York sub mod folder)

I'm sure most of you already know this but I just wanted to clarify for those who aren't sure.