Guest echo04

E4 La mod

i just downloaded the la mod and when it downloads, i use the "modins~1.exe" or whatever it is and it says invalid mod package, then i do a little more into it and it say mod package is corrupt. i have cleared all files of the download, reinstalled the game and it still does not work.

i just downloaded the la mod and when it downloads, i use the "modins~1.exe" or whatever it is and it says invalid mod package, then i do a little more into it and it say mod package is corrupt. i have cleared all files of the download, reinstalled the game and it still does not work.

Go to your Emergency 4 or 911:First Responders installation directory and see if a folder with the name 'Mods' exists. If not, create it (Right click -> New Folder) and try to install the LA mod again.

ok then use the "modins~1.exe" to open it?

scratch that, still the same problem

huh? There is no exe installer for the LA Mod yet. Just follow the download link here, Extract the zip or rar file. Double click on the e4mod file and then your done. Then grab the exe patch from the bugs thread. Theres an exe file in the rar/zip file. Install the patch and your ready to go.

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod Bugs

If you have downloaded v1.8 mod before 05/26/09 you might need to install this patch which fixes the same bugs as mentioned above.

@ Xplorer4x4:

What you don't understand of that? If he just downloaded the mod he does not need a patch. Install the mod and you're ready to go.

Some Windows versions used to shorten filenames to this: "modins~1.exe" (which actually is ModInstaller.exe). The ModInstaller is the program which installs mods for Emergency 4. When you double click the .e4mod file of the mod it gets installed by the ModInstaller automatically. It's not hard to install a mod if you take some time to read the instructions.

@ Xplorer4x4:

What you don't understand of that? If he just downloaded the mod he does not need a patch. Install the mod and you're ready to go.

Sorry I forgot to mention I merged the two topics of echo04 about the .exe problem (was called away).

Xplorer replied to the other topic without all the information you provided. So not his fault. ;)

I was having the same problem, I didn't have a folder in my EM4 directory named Mods. After that I put the mod file into the folder then I installed it perfectly. It seems you are having the same problem.

ok i did all of that, then went to the mod installer and selected the mod and hit install. it still said mod package is corrupted."""FATAL ERROR: MOD PACKAGE IS CORRUPTED"". just for fun, i did it again, it said "same file name has already been installed, re-name or uninstall...ect." but in the install, uninstall window, there is nothing there. then i went to the game, started it and at the menu, went to the modifications section and the entire menu disappeared..... why is this not working!!?? ugh!

ok i did all of that, then went to the mod installer and selected the mod and hit install. it still said mod package is corrupted."""FATAL ERROR: MOD PACKAGE IS CORRUPTED"". just for fun, i did it again, it said "same file name has already been installed, re-name or uninstall...ect." but in the install, uninstall window, there is nothing there. then i went to the game, started it and at the menu, went to the modifications section and the entire menu disappeared..... why is this not working!!?? ugh!

Take a look at the Mods folder in your Em4/911:FR directory and see if there is any folder with the name Los Angeles Mod. If so, delete that folder and try to reinstall the mod again.

nothing there but the regular program files and the "mods" file i created. and that is cleared out as well. would the version of my game have anything to do with it?

"v1.3f-en"